Easter Monday showdown

The roar from the Talbot supporters at full time was pretty significant in my opinion. Talbot's fans don't think they can be caught now. They might be correct, time will tell.
Make no mistake, we fans wanted to win the game and were a bit disappointed after but a draw wasn't a bad result in the end. I though Darvel were a strong physical team and bullied Talbot a bit. All in all, a great game for the neutral. League far from over.Still a few twists and turns to come.

32 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Reconfirming the old firm was one thing but this is something else entirely. 

This is the LL reconfirming the Old Firm. All the previous vote did was allow the LL to extend the idea of Guest clubs into the 2022-23 season. It didn't reconfirm the OF's place.

This is to give cover if no one else applies or to grift another £40k from additional clubs.

7 hours ago, fb4 said:

Let's ballance whats going on at darvel compared to Auchinleck. 

From willie knox to tucker Talbot have been at the business end of the season for decades not going through the roll of honour I am sure the massive darvel support will know.

Fast forward to darvel 4ish years ago they were playing on a muck heep in front of 3 men a dug and a soggy fish supper, winner in general nothing, in comes the pie man and his cohort and their massive egos and cronies including unlimited amounts of unsubstanable amounts of money and they are now world beaters. This bus will break down and Darvel will be back where they belong. 

This is what I think will happen at Darvel. It might take a few years but the train will come off the rails eventually as it has in similar circumstances elsewhere before.  

I don't think any WOSFL or Lowland League team can sustain that level of player across an entire squad. I actually think most SPFL teams would struggle. 

The whole set up seems completely artificial and out of kilter with the level of support or the town that the football club is based in. 

This is what I think will happen at Darvel. It might take a few years but the train will come off the rails eventually as it has in similar circumstances elsewhere before.  
I don't think any WOSFL or Lowland League team can sustain that level of player across an entire squad. I actually think most SPFL teams would struggle. 
The whole set up seems completely artificial and out of kilter with the level of support or the town that the football club is based in. 

Hence they now stuggle to be a "community club" unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Fast Eddie said:

First time at Darvel and as a neutral thought it was a cracking match. Great wee set up and great crowd on the night.

Thought a draw was pretty fair and still all to play for I think.

Go back for a normal league game and tell us what you think? Last night was not the norm. 

9 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

MacKenzie had a chance in the second half that Leishman saved but it wasn’t created from good play it seemed to break to him hence why he was in the amount of space he was. 

Talbot had more pressure in the second half but poor choices and finishing let them down.

Darvel were good in the first half but as I said I thought they ran out of energy in the second half. Travelling by car from Glasgow to the Valley frequently must take it’s toll eventually!!!😉

Gall gets excellent profile for his business from being involved at Killie. He describes himself as the ‘Killie Pie Man’ to folk who don’t know who he is!! Suggesting he puts even more money into Darvel isn’t sustainable. 

Darvel should win the league with the money invested in the squad. It’s bound to hurt if they don’t win it. 😭

Successful teams have to cope with playing 3/4 games per week at the end of a season. Happens to Talbot every year and they have few call offs at Beechwood. 

Can see some twists and turns yet as there are difficult fixtures coming up for both teams. 

I’m interested in what the neutrals thought. 

So travelling from Glasgow to Darvel 2/3 times  a month is to blame for Darvel fatigue , haha I was starting to take your posts seriously but now I know your just taking the piss 

11 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Darvel missed an absolute sitter in the second half though he did look well offside. Lieshman was by far the busier keeper and the Darvel goalie main job was to run out and intercept balls fired from the Talbot half. Darvel are by far a better footballing team with the more skilful players who have played regular at a higher level. Whoever laid Darvel’s pitch is to blame for them not winning the league. Without the fixture pile up I believe they would be at least 6 points better off. The pieman also pumps a substantial amount into your team I am sure he could divert it to Darvel at some point and would probably be a lot more than he is ploughing in now 

I think you will find Darvel lost to Cumnock, Hurlford, Buffs and Pollok as well as drawing with Clydebank and Meadow between the 4th August and 11 September I don't see where your pitch scenario comes into play.

20 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'm answering your question with an answer which happens to be in question form.

So if it was politely put it would be the referee has the right to administer punishment even though the incident took place after an infringment seconds earlier. That's all I needed to know.

What’s the name of last nights referee? I’ve seen him on a few occasions this season and think he’s been pretty poor, was surprised to see he was in charge last night considering the importance of the match.

What’s the name of last nights referee? I’ve seen him on a few occasions this season and think he’s been pretty poor, was surprised to see he was in charge last night considering the importance of the match.
Ross Hardie.

3 hours ago, Vale 77 said:

So travelling from Glasgow to Darvel 2/3 times  a month is to blame for Darvel fatigue , haha I was starting to take your posts seriously but now I know your just taking the piss 

It’s more than 2 or 3 times a month at this time of the year. It was meant to be as much as 4 times in ten days. Non of the players are local and are travelling from Motherwell, North Glasgow etc.

Edited by Rugbyroader