Easter Monday showdown

1 minute ago, Blackie Gold said:

How do you keep 27 players happy other than a hefty wedge each week

It can't be sustainable they get very little through the gates with tonight being the exception. The two money men won't have a money tree out the backdoor. 

Just now, Blackie Gold said:

Can anybody explain how the referee booked Bryan Boylan for simulation when he had already been flagged offside?

Why would being flagged for offside prevent you from being given a card for cheating?

I think it’s unfair to describe Talbot as a long ball team. They don’t play with a target man. Boylan drifts wide most of the time. They do get the ball up the park quickly but that’s to capitalise on the pace they have from the likes of Samson up front. Darvel second goal was very good as was Talbot’s. Talbot had more chances throughout the game including hitting the post. Darvel fell out of the game in the second half and I thought that if there was going to be a winner it was Talbot. Darvel came back into the game in the last 5 minutes. Talbot looked the fitter of the two teams but the injuries and knocks may be telling as they play Hurlford on Wed. There was a big Talbot support but also lots of neutrals as you could tell from the reactions to the goals.
Still can’t see how Darvel set up can be sustainable given the normal crowd and the amount of ex seniors in the squad. The owner, management and players are difficult to like. What was MacKenzie’s knee slide to a few youngsters when he scored all about? 

Edited by Rugbyroader

33 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
53 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Folk moaning about things like that when we have plenty of other content like the highlights and ft reports, interviews, also there is always folk updating the scores anyway.

That’s my view on it, we will hopefully have a plan/strategy in place to keep improving on it in the near future. 

10 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

What's the latest with the injuries ? , hope that doesnt have an impact ongoing

Keir literally looked like he had had a kicking when leaving the night 🙈🙈 but should be okay. Allan said Neilly jigged his ankle but can still walk on it etc so hopefully nothing too serious. Big Jack is still struggling with his knee.

Otherwise we’re fortunate and still have some great talent like Robbie, Lewis, Mason, Boyd etc who will be pivotal in the next few weeks imo

Keir literally looked like he had had a kicking when leaving the night [emoji85][emoji85] but should be okay. Allan said Neilly jigged his ankle but can still walk on it etc so hopefully nothing too serious. Big Jack is still struggling with his knee.
Otherwise we’re fortunate and still have some great talent like Robbie, Lewis, Mason, Boyd etc who will be pivotal in the next few weeks imo
Ffs doesn't sound great but hopefully the other wans can step in and do a job if they are struggling

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

🤣 I do what do, sometimes that’s a bit of cheese.

The Talbot twitter account is ran completely separate to all the club social medias, game updates are normally good but folk moan at me all the time about lack of this or that, particularly our highlights. Have to point out it’s heehaw to do with me and take it up with the club.

The result is surely a victory for centralism?