Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

When we start producing technical players who don't panic under pressure 

ie never

We produce plenty of good players, and even if we didn't, the likes of Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen have the budget to go out and sign good players who can compete at this level. 

It's probably a combination of a few things, but the underachievement is really striking when compared with other nations. 

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Alan Forrest has all the tools to be a really good player if he could learn to pick his head up from time to time.

He was always miles better for Ayr playing wide left and cutting inside.  

1 minute ago, Lex said:

Hearts losing both home and away ties and getting papped out with relative ease was the most likely outcome here. No surprises.
I suspect they will embarrass themselves and finish bottom of their Europa conference group, but would nice to be proved wrong.

Commentators literally celebrating them losing and what an improvement from Hearts.  They are utter pap and crumbled after their player cheated and got rightly sent off. Not bad first half against a team winning the tie with European experience taking the sting out the game.  You could be forgiven for thinking commentary described Man City that first half. 

Dammit.  What a chance.  I thought Hearts had a real opportunity there.  I was out tonight but looked at the stats at half time.  It seemed only a matter of time.  Hearts had something like 73% possession and a ridiculous advantage in the number of attacks.  Checked online just as the goal went in.  Feeling sorry for my Jambonian pals tonight. 

Thankfully the Hearts fans have decided to stop singing bigoted songs in order to support their team.  For that I applaud them, unlike Rangers. 

Sing about Bobby Sands?

It’s possible to create a rocking atmosphere without signing bigoted songs. I hate Rangers as much as the next man but the European Ibrox atmospheres they produce are electric. It’s what got their team to the final. Proper 12th man stuff. Hearts fans turned up tonight and just sat in relative silence, it’s as if they didn’t though what to do. Really weird.

Last week was a missed opportunity for Hearts, but they should've cancelled that out by half-time tonight against a jobbing side. I still think they would've gone through were it not for that absolute donkey chucking it for his team, although we've all learned by now that Hearts would've probably found another way to go out. It's a shame as I thought they were really, really good in the first half, but the curse will never be broken so no point turning up imo. 

Grant fucked it, but the outcome felt inevitable at half-time. You can't surrender the first leg by playing jobbers like Atkinson and Sibbick and then not take your numerous chances when they come in the first half there. Boyce inevitably fucking feinting or fluffing his lines every time he's through on goal is fucking infuriating. 

It's hard to be positive just now but that was a very good performance until the red card. Cochrane and Devlin in particular were brilliant in that first half.

Thank f**k we've got a second chance. The EL would have been a good laugh but realistically we'd be lucky to get a point. The Conference is where we should be just now.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s possible to create a rocking atmosphere without signing bigoted songs. I hate Rangers as much as the next man but the European Ibrox atmospheres they produce are electric. It’s what got their team to the final. Proper 12th man stuff. Hearts fans turned up tonight and just sat in relative silence, it’s as if they didn’t though what to do. Really weird.

Rangers sing bigoted songs though?

4 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Robbie N saying on Sportsound he thought Grant should have had a penalty instead of a booking.

Aye right ye are Robbie.😉

Robbed again.  Just like sunday and in the derby.   He's playing the crowd.  

4 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Robbie N saying on Sportsound he thought Grant should have had a penalty instead of a booking.

Aye right ye are Robbie.😉

Absolutely knew Neilson would say that. Managers live in an alternative universe at times.

Neilson should be kicking Grants arse up and down the dressing room after that dive.

We should’ve taken our chances in the first half and paid the price for poor finishing.

With regards to the atmosphere at Tynecastle, considering how big a game this was for us, it was utter shite . As per usual , Hearts fans sing for the first 5 minutes or so then give up . We should have made that much more intimidating.

Ended up where we deserve to be