Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

18 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Yeah, great, I get Robbie’s thinking. Craig had a nightmare but at least he now has a record number of appearances. Who picks the team, Craig’s agent?

Why should he be denied that opportunity when he's probably our best player, captain and a current international No.1? Just to give Zander Clark a run out? Behave.

6 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Why should he be denied that opportunity when he's probably our best player, captain and a current international No.1? Just to give Zander Clark a run out? Behave.

On Gordon's current form, give Zander a run out and the international no. 1 will be in goals 😉

Gordon shouldn't be considered undroppable, and Clark is due a shot at some point.

But it would have been exceptionally poor management to drop a senior player on the brink of a club European appearance record just to give the new guy a game.

Gordon has had a few wobbles, but he's still overall a very good goalkeeper and Clark will need to wait his turn.

11 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

On Gordon's current form, give Zander a run out and the international no. 1 will be in goals 😉

Gordon's form has been overegged IMO. He's still made massive saves in lots of games this season and he's been stuck behind an ever changing backing every week, he's not immune to feeling the effects of that. Stick Clark in a big game with a hesitant defence and his Hearts career will be over before its begun with our fans.

Today was hopeless though but I think he can be forgiven given how he's performed for us.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

What's this erse Craigan on?

"If hearts can qualify 3 or 4 years in a row?" 

Has he taken over from Tom English as Budge pumper supreme?

It's an interesting point and one we'll just have to wait and see over.

Hearts will have brought in (in relative terms) a right few quid from this escapade. Without the accounts being out, it's unclear how much we left over in the summer's transfer budget, but the vibe seems to be we're prepared to go and spend again in January.

Looking at the table, and (sorry) considering injuries, fixtures so far, and congestion, it's hard to avoid the view that Hearts look a reasonable shout to be third again. If so, then access to that cash again, plus FoH money, plus the fact that we've got pushing 16,000 season ticket holders could easily become a self-perpetuating cycle.

I'm not commenting on whether that's a good thing or not, but we haven't seen this play out yet. It may be the case that Hearts can lock this in for a few years.

I think the club that needs to finish third this season the most is Aberdeen. I think with their stadium issues, and low ST numbers, compared to Hearts and Hibs, they have a real medium-term problem that many people haven't fully appreciated yet.

Edited by VincentGuerin

54 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Ach probably am tbf, it's just him that's winding me up.

Nothing to do with hearts, but most of the time he's talking pish (as am I, but I'm not being paid to do it.......😂)

Anyway, your performance is better, you have a goal now !

Tbf I get the dislike of Craigan. He's a slavering p***k.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Gordon's form has been overegged IMO. He's still made massive saves in lots of games this season and he's been stuck behind an ever changing backing every week, he's not immune to feeling the effects of that. Stick Clark in a big game with a hesitant defence and his Hearts career will be over before its begun with our fans.

Today was hopeless though but I think he can be forgiven given how he's performed for us.

Yeah, I know I'm over egging it. But, we've had a difficult run of matches, he's got a new kid, and he's captain/elder statesman of a fairly young squad it has to be said - find the guy a bit of a break and put Clark in for a bit.

If I had a similar level of responsibility in my job, with an inexperienced team, folks off sick, and a new baby I wouldn't mind my deputy covering for a few days! 😂

See also - Bazza Mckay - apparently he's been playing with a knock - again, let Forrest/Snodgrass/Pollock take the strain on league duty for a bit 

Stunning levels of revisionism from Hearts fans on Twitter, who are now going with the line "done the best we could've" about their European campaign.

"Seeded third, finished third", the sort of line that would make a Tory spin doctor blush.

They seem to be overlooking the fact that they didn't just lose to the first and second seed, they lost on a 7-1 and 8-1 aggregate, with both of their famous goals coming when the opposition were 3 and 4-0 up respectively.

Quite how they are defending it is beyond me, but they never let you down. Keeps Neilson in a job, so let them crack on with it. :lol:

5 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Stunning levels of revisionism from Hearts fans on Twitter, who are now going with the line "done the best we could've" about their European campaign.

"Seeded third, finished third", the sort of line that would make a Tory spin doctor blush.

They seem to be overlooking the fact that they didn't just lose to the first and second seed, they lost on a 7-1 and 8-1 aggregate, with both of their famous goals coming when the opposition were 3 and 4-0 up respectively.

Quite how they are defending it is beyond me, but they never let you down. Keeps Neilson in a job, so let them crack on with it. :lol:

Not that it bothers you, eh?

Honestly, what the f**k do you care? I mean, Hearts fans hardly care about tonight. Have a day off.

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Not that it bothers you, eh?

Honestly, what the f**k do you care? I mean, Hearts fans hardly care about tonight. Have a day off.

Sure, it's not like Hearts fans have spent decades laughing at Hibs for "winning the singing", glorious failures and deflecting from embarrassing European results.

Take your medicine, it's part of a football rivalry.

6 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Sure, it's not like Hearts fans have spent decades laughing at Hibs for "winning the singing", glorious failures and deflecting from embarrassing European results.

Take your medicine, it's part of a football rivalry.

Our medicine? What are you on about?

Today's game is a total non-event to anyone other than those having a good time in Istanbul.

If you're letting other people's view of it affect your day, then you need to have a wee word with yourself.

Nobody fucking cares.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Our medicine? What are you on about?

Today's game is a total non-event to anyone other than those having a good time in Istanbul.

If you're letting other people's view of it affect your day, then you need to have a wee word with yourself.

Nobody fucking cares.

You seem to have confused this with a non-existent match thread about tonight's game. This is about Hearts' entire European campaign, which yes, as a somewhat-obsessed Hibby, I do care about. It's funny seeing your rivals lose, it's especially funny seeing them lose horrendously.

But nothing is funnier to me than seeing you do the "we don't care that we were pumped" routine.

23 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

You seem to have confused this with a non-existent match thread about tonight's game. This is about Hearts' entire European campaign, which yes, as a somewhat-obsessed Hibby, I do care about. It's funny seeing your rivals lose, it's especially funny seeing them lose horrendously.

But nothing is funnier to me than seeing you do the "we don't care that we were pumped" routine.

You enjoy yourself.

37 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Complaining about revisionism and then claiming we are regarding our consolation tonight as a "famous goal".

As for the seeded third, finished third line, it's true. We got £1m in prize money and lost to who we were expected to.

Should we have competed better? Fucking obviously. Have Hearts fans not been moaning about those defeats for 2 months now in total though? Because unless you live in some sort of parallel universe Neilson has been getting it tight for months. 

As for getting hammered on aggregate, you got skelped 5-1 off Rijeka in your last European campaign. A team that are nowhere near the level of Istanbul or Fiorentina. 

If Hearts fans on Twitter are getting to you I'd suggest unfollowing them. As said before, genuinely don't know a Hearts fan that gave a f**k about tonight given the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

I'd honestly recommend a bit of time off Twitter.

If this is what you're like about something absolutely nobody gives a f**k about, I'd suggest you rethink how you spend your time.

25 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'd honestly recommend a bit of time off Twitter.

If this is what you're like about something absolutely nobody gives a f**k about, I'd suggest you rethink how you spend your time.

You enjoy yourself.