Its the simple things in the life that bring the most joy 

Zurich 0-1

Killie 0-1 

Turks 0-4

Rangers 0-4

Tonight 0-3

P5 W0 L5

For 0 Against 13 

All they teams shitting the beds that much of the Tiny atmosphere they escape with clean sheets. 

25 minutes ago, Lex said:

That third goal was like when you’re playing someone at FIFA who’s put their controller down.

So was the first goal tbf, their whole defence just stood still, thought they were standing there waiting to do a flash mob routine.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

8 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Zurich 0-1

Killie 0-1 

Turks 0-4

Rangers 0-4

Tonight 0-3

P5 W0 L5

For 0 Against 13 

All they teams shitting the beds that much of the Tiny atmosphere they escape with clean sheets. 

More atmosphere on the moon

31 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Zurich 0-1

Killie 0-1 

Turks 0-4

Rangers 0-4

Tonight 0-3

P5 W0 L5

For 0 Against 13 

Here's pedantic old me. After the Zurich match Hearts beat St Johnstone 3-2 at Tynecastle. 

Reflections:

Played better with 10 men

As per 2020(1) cup final - why did we need to be 2-0 down at halftime to show any fight

Humphreys was the correct player to play tonight

Their goalie was known to be iffy under pressure, why not harry more

Stupid 2 CB goal kick routine - I think this was to "draw in their high line" and hit on the break - fail. F- 

Neilson Jr - ball was gone, don't give the referee a decision to make, regardless of its merits 

We played much better against Istanbul 

Mad that Hearts pished third place last season and will quite conceivably do so again this season. Utter shite.

In isolation, nothing to write home about. But just sums everything that makes Hearts dire under Neilson. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Into each life some rain must fall

You must have a lot of Noahs in your support.

Scottish teams in Europe this week - P 3 W 0 D 0 L 3 F 1 A 8 Pts 0

Wonderful.

3 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Funnily enough, if you add in Aberdeen and Hibs' stats for this season in Europe, there's no improvement on those figures.

Biting retort! I'm sure all Hibs and Dons fans are devastated.

Actually it's a pathetic post Anybody posting that should be embarrassed.

Just now, Squonk said:

Nice of you to apologise for your rib-cracking Noah quip. Don't worry; although It was bad, it wasn't that bad.

You wouldn't know a rib cracking quip if it hit you in your jammy dodgers.

A translation of Jacksgranda's last two posts;

I shall freely rip the pish out of opposing teams, but if anybody dares retaliate in kind about my team, I shall throw the toys out of the pram.

No arguments from me that Hearts, Rangers* and Celtic weren't good enough this week in Europe, but the bottom line is that Aberdeen weren't even good enough to be bad in Europe this season.

So, took my Jambo son along to that last night.  Apart from the "lets all laugh at Hertz" banter stuff that naturally follows, here's my thoughts on viewing this first hand from a general Scots perspective ...

- F. a quality side that can go toe to toe with the likes of Milan, Inter, Juve, Napoli etc.  So that's a big ask for any in our league, but ...

- OK, their 1st touch is good (our 2nd always a tackle) - but they make the game look simple and make the right secure passes.  I  didn't see any obvious superstars in F. but Kouame and Jovic were clearly good.  They just all know how to play the game.

- In possession their movement (all) is constant - so the guy on the ball always has a pass available to make.

- Out of possession their press (all) is instant to recover the ball - all players press, not just a few

- Their work rate is high - right through to the last 5 mins., no let up

- Sadly, they looked much fitter - and stronger.  I kept thinking "these guys work hard in the gym too".  They bullied the Hertz in challenges.

- Hertz front players just didn't look up for it - particularly Shankland and Ginnelly.  Shankland in particular is frustrating, just ambles about.  OK he may be a good finisher but he's lacking in other areas.  He should've been anticipating through balls and spinning on the shoulder of the centre backs.

- Very reminiscent of the Gers meek and tepid efforts at Anfield earlier in the week - down to tactics?

- Oh, and forget the journo shite about intimidating atmospheres - top sides thrive on a good atmosphere, they respond to it!

Final thought - coaching, coaching and coaching - our biggest failing in this country.

This isn't a dig at the Hertz btw ... its a comparison between us as a league and the elite we dare to compete against.  The bar is high, but we should be able to learn ...