Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

Anyone stating that RFS side are league 1 level must have not seen any league 1 football. I love Scottish football and the lower leagues, but the quality is far far far worse than any side that will be in the conference league. Surprising that I feel the need to clarify that🤣.

RFS were a lot poorer than Hearts last night, a good win for the Jambos, but they're obviously capable of pulling out results here and there. Was happy to see hearts get the 3 points with a decent enough performance even though it could probably have been a wee bit easier on the night.

Any chance we can stop belittling our Scottish sides achievements in European fixtures. Especially for non old-firm sides, we're all quick to lampoon teams for shite results against teams they should be beating, so why not give a wee bit of credit for a good win for once.

That's a very good result for Hearts. An away win in Europe is hard to come by at any level for a Scottish side. Couple that with Fiorentina's surprisingly poor start to the campaign they have a decent shout at second spot if they can avoid defeat in one of the double headers coming up against them.

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

Anyone stating that RFS side are league 1 level must have not seen any league 1 football. I love Scottish football and the lower leagues, but the quality is far far far worse than any side that will be in the conference league. Surprising that I feel the need to clarify that🤣.

RFS were a lot poorer than Hearts last night, a good win for the Jambos, but they're obviously capable of pulling out results here and there. Was happy to see hearts get the 3 points with a decent enough performance even though it could probably have been a wee bit easier on the night.

Any chance we can stop belittling our Scottish sides achievements in European fixtures. Especially for non old-firm sides, we're all quick to lampoon teams for shite results against teams they should be beating, so why not give a wee bit of credit for a good win for once.

There's a tendency amongst sports fans and particularly football supporters on the internet towards bipolarism.

Players, Results, Managers, Stadia, Pundits, opponents etc are either invariably seen as utter shite or superb

Some perspective is required

That was a good enough result to justify opening an £8 bottle of Tesco own brand Cava (£7 with Clubcard) but the champagne stays in the fridge

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

Also, Barrie McKay should be in the Scotland squad. His wee turn on the touchline to set up the move that led to the penalty was sublime.

He's not really hit his top form yet this season so his omission from the squad wasn't too much of a surprise

But even when he's a bit out of sorts he still produces flashes like that

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He's not really hit his top form yet this season so his omission from the squad wasn't too much of a surprise

But even when he's a bit out of sorts he still produces flashes like that

Ironically, had he not already scored more this season than all of last season?

Cannae quite put my finger on why, but that just felt like a really strange game of football.

A great result, and deserved.

Wasn't massively impressed by DFS, but we had to rely on Oor Craig to keep them out at times.

Scunner for Halkett, but I'd like to see Neilson get a run of games.

54 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There's a tendency amongst sports fans and particularly football supporters on the internet towards bipolarism.

Players, Results, Managers, Stadia, Pundits, opponents etc are either invariably seen as utter shite or superb

That was a good enough result to justify opening an £8 bottle of Tesco own brand Cava (£7 with Clubcard) but the champagne stays in the fridge

Aye, best to keep it cold for Fiorentina.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It could be there for a while...

Great result. Easy to sniff at the opposition but Hearts, and other Scottish clubs, have bombed against equally ordinary or small side. An away win against a team that drew with Fiorentina is fine by me.

And the dosh.

euro GIF

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That's kind of the point. I can't be restocking the Champagne every time Hearts win (although there have been seasons where I could have just about afforded it) 

Especially if you have 8 games to go (that went)...

18 hours ago, peasy23 said:

It will forever be one of life's mysteries as to why Celtic canned Craig Gordon when they did, especially when Barkas was the replacement.

Because Rodgers was utterly obsessed with having a sweeper keeper.

I don't think Gordon's kicking is quite as bad as people make out, despite his mistake the other week.

16 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Every Hearts win I remember in Europe (too young for Bayern) was away from home. They've always been gash at Tynie

Were you also too young for home victories against the likes of Atletico Madrid, Braga, Bologna, Dinamo Zagreb, Slavia Prague and Stuttgart?

16 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

They won the Stutgart game 3-2 (out on agg) and pumped a Croatian mob having lost the first leg 5-0.  

It was 4-0 in Zagreb. Still an utter shellacking, Hearts were dire that night.