Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

51 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Lets be honest.  

Any win away from home in European football is good but that team was utterly gash.  They scraped through against part time Linfield. 

48 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Come on now, they were rotten.

Reminded me of a mid 90s Scotland away qualifier in the Eastern block. Wednesday night on the BBC. 

You'd absolutely take a 2-0 win before it but feels a bit flat after the fact.

Does it f**k.

They're a bit shite but they are almost always a tricky opponent based on their last few seasons in Europe. They've only lost by 2 goals once before in 16 games. They've played Partizan Belgrade, Fiorentina and Gent in that time and got results away from home against the latter two. The guy mentioning the Fiorentina result was responding to someone claiming they're Scottish League One level.

It's a win that gets us half a million euros and keeps things interesting ahead of the Fiorentina game and it was achieved with several important players missing.  Ok performance, fucking great result.

Screenshot_20220915-233840.png

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Does it f**k.

They're a bit shite but they are almost always a tricky opponent based on their last few seasons in Europe. They've only lost by 2 goals once before in 16 games. They've played Partizan Belgrade, Fiorentina and Gent in that time and got results away from home against the latter two. The guy mentioning the Fiorentina result was responding to someone claiming they're Scottish League One level.

It's a win that gets us half a million euros and keeps things interesting ahead of the Fiorentina game and it was achieved with several important players missing.  Ok performance, fucking great result.

Just realised I didn't even mention the boutique hotel.

Suddenly, what a time to support Heart of Midlothian!

Hearts just beat a side that are probably the standard of mid table League One in Scotland.

The Conference is designed to have I think at least four champions from diddy countries in each season.

If Hearts didn’t take six points from this lot, it would be an utter riddy.

21 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Does it f**k.

Looking at that, they look to be considerably better away from home.   Concerning for Hearts ;) 

4 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Hearts just beat a side that are probably the standard of mid table League One in Scotland.

The Conference is designed to have I think at least four champions from diddy countries in each season.

Wouldn't say that bad tbh. 

Ross County standard for me. 

5 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Show them some respect, they actually managed to qualify for the Europa Conference League group stages.

6 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I wonder if the reason people complain so much about Scottish results in Europe is because they're catastrophically deluded about the standard of our game?

A team had gone 15 games in a row in Europe without losing by more than a goal, that's drawn away with Fiorentina and Gent and that has players who've been capped for Czech Republic and Serbia. Yeah, probably about the standard as Alloa Athletic to be honest.

Loving the sour grapes this evening.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

EhkSda4.jpg

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They’re Premiership standard quite clearly. Have any of you fuckers seen the nick of League One?

Aye, sadly.

League One is obviously an exaggeration, but that lot last night were a joke. Passes straight out of play, basketball players up front their only tactic, a bang out of form Hearts side strolled through them at will for 90 minutes. I'd place them mid table Championship.