Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

16 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Those Basaksehir handicap odds are looking tempting I have to say.

I'm pretty sure the stats tell us that no Halkett usually means we lose. I think that's as much to do with Halkett being good as it is about not having a proper back-up. Kingsley does the dirty stuff well enough but I'd say Halkett and Rowles are the only out-and-out CBs we have with any experience and they're both out. Even just being able to stick in some jobber to heads and kicks everything away would give me far more confidence.

Maybe we shift Haring back there? Not ideal, but it means no Sibbick and he'd probably be off the pace in midfield anyway.

I'd be inclined to go with Haring rather than Sibbick. It's not ideal, but Haring at least provides a bit of composure and can read what's happening in front of him.

When we play him at the back Sibbick is being hung out to dry in a position he's dreadful in. Neilson needs to either play him in midfield, where he can be tolerable, or just drop him.

Edited by VincentGuerin

21 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Ignore this question, turns out new ticket accounts can’t buy for the games. Quite a lot of empty seats that aren’t going to be purchased so seems like a crazy decision.

Seems mad to me.

I thought it was maybe a UEFA decision, but plenty of our fans are buying home-end tickets for our game in Riga no problem, so clearly not.

Plenty of folk not able to go tonight due to the kick-off time. One of my mates is missing his first (available to the public) competitive Hearts game since 2010 because he just can't get away from his work. He's fucking raging. 😀 - Poor planning from him, to be fair. He's usually well ahead of situations like this in terms of booking time off etc (obviously). We've known the dates for this all summer, so he's just a part-timer IMO.

Looks like 15/16,000 tonight. Seems stupid that Hearts aren't just opening it up to anyone who wants to go. But then, Hearts do a lot of stupid things.

Edited by VincentGuerin

I'd play Sibbick if Halkett is out. For 2 reasons, one, I think Smith will play and having the experience of him and Kingsley beside him, rather than expecting him to be the leader with Neilson/Atkinson will help him. And two, he's absolutely rapid which allows us a bit cover if we are trying to press them higher up the park.

So, turns out that the Riga tickets thing is related to a UEFA rule about minimum allocations for away fans. 5% of capacity is compulsory, any more than that is optional.

Apparently Riga have given us more than 5% already.

All that could've been communicated a lot earlier, and made a lot clearer, the club really needs to be out in front of all of this stuff, playing catch-up and being reactive creates so much more hassle/work for the Comms folk, and gets fans backs up

10 minutes ago, FozzysFence said:

So, turns out that the Riga tickets thing is related to a UEFA rule about minimum allocations for away fans. 5% of capacity is compulsory, any more than that is optional.

Apparently Riga have given us more than 5% already.

All that could've been communicated a lot earlier, and made a lot clearer, the club really needs to be out in front of all of this stuff, playing catch-up and being reactive creates so much more hassle/work for the Comms folk, and gets fans backs up

They could also help themselves by laying out how long they are on sale for those with 135 points, and when it will drop and to what subject to availability.  There's just so little communication. We haven;'t even sold out the original 400, so you'd think they could be prepared for it dropping further. It'll be into the weekend before any other info comes out now.

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Just to get this in before the game - if this goes badly for us, it'll be the fault of the SPFL and its member clubs - despite two of them having beaten us in our most recent 2 games.

Think you guy must need a Colt team in the Lowland League to make sure this is fixed. 

Apologies all in advance - I've not been able to go to a competitive match for almost 3 years. If it's called off because the Queen snuffs it, it's entirely my fault.

Depending on how things are at halftime we might be praying for her to make it so we can close out the win, or hoping she kicks the bucket so we have a hiding called off..... 😂😂

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

In all seriousness if she Queen does die before kick off would the game be postponed?

I don’t think Hearts would want the blowback from the gammons if they went ahead with it

Can't be any worse than when we booed the Pope. 

Then again, it would even things out 😂

5 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'd play Sibbick if Halkett is out. For 2 reasons, one, I think Smith will play and having the experience of him and Kingsley beside him, rather than expecting him to be the leader with Neilson/Atkinson will help him. And two, he's absolutely rapid which allows us a bit cover if we are trying to press them higher up the park.

I think Basaksehir will be starting Okaka, who's big and physical, up front. Aside from his other flaws I'd be worried about Sibbick getting bullied.

There isn't a potential defensive combination that doesn't make me wince tbh.

23 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I think Basaksehir will be starting Okaka, who's big and physical, up front. Aside from his other flaws I'd be worried about Sibbick getting bullied.

There isn't a potential defensive combination that doesn't make me wince tbh.

It's not ideal, but I'd still trust Sibbick over Neilson in that regard. A lack of physicality is really evident with Neilson at this point.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

It's not ideal, but I'd still trust Sibbick over Neilson in that regard. A lack of physicality is really evident with Neilson at this point.

I'm talking about having neither and playing Haring instead, but really f**k knows what he's like at CB given he's almost never played there for us despite it being his position at his previous club.

8 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

100% going to be another pasting for a Scottish club in Europe, embarrassing situation that only 16,000 fans will be in attendance. What’s the point in building a bigger stand if you aren’t going to sell your seats?

Early kick off must be the major reason why they can't sell out.