Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

I'm on the package so IN for all three home games, also booked up for Riga and Florence. Waiting and seeing for Istanbul, that'll be easy to sort late on.

Tickets moving sluggishly for the home games. None sold out yet, and plenty left for the game on Thursday.

It's an expensive time to be a Hearts supporter, and obviously outside football there are big financial issues for most people just now. I know a few lads who are booked up for the first two trips in the group but won't be going to any of the home games as a way of paying for the trips. I can see that logic.

Also think the kick-off time for the first game is an issue. Again, anecdotally I know several people who usually come to games in my group who just can't make it.

Can't make Thursday so I'm going to the other two home games and Florence.

Not surprised sales for Thursday are a bit sluggish but I'd have thought Fiorentina would be near enough sold out by now.  I guess there's only so much cash you can wring out of one set of fans in such a short period. Shite form and a boring transfer window probably don't help either.

I think the short notice for tickets, particularly this week hasn't helped! 

I was surprised how many tickets were available. I guess also, they are guaranteed to be on tellly. 

And a 545 KO is potentially difficult at 4 days notice with other commitments! Poor show from uefa TBH 

20 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I think the short notice for tickets, particularly this week hasn't helped! 

I was surprised how many tickets were available. I guess also, they are guaranteed to be on tellly. 

And a 545 KO is potentially difficult at 4 days notice with other commitments! Poor show from uefa TBH 

Kick-off time definitely a factor. But it's also just expense.

In the last few months a lot of Hearts fans have shelled out for a season ticket, we had an away derby, we had the Zurich tie, a few thousand at Livi on Saturday, now a lot of people have trips to pay for etc.

And obviously cash is a concern at the moment. I can understand why it's a bit slow.

Purely on a personal level, it's been an eye-watering few weeks for the bank balance related to Hearts.

Also, hope Hearts allow a fully public sale tomorrow.

No sense in limiting it to people who have a buying account. A couple of folk I know have been going to games on/off for years using mates' STs or going to aways on other accounts etc. They can't buy tickets for these European games, and that just seems daft.

We've now had the Season Ticket holder phase, we've had the open phase for Reference Number holders, now they should just open it up and get some more sweet, sweet gate money in.

7 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Fucking laughable stuff from Hearts with the Riga away tickets.

400-odd on sale at 155 Loyalty Points and above tomorrow, with another 500 available later.

They do realise that the game is next Thursday? Get them all on sale.

Seems to be driven by RFS - they've only released 400 tkts, with more to come. 

But, it is daft in general, surely the clubs have been in dialogue about how many fans are expected to travel etc  

9 hours ago, FozzysFence said:

Seems to be driven by RFS - they've only released 400 tkts, with more to come. 

But, it is daft in general, surely the clubs have been in dialogue about how many fans are expected to travel etc  

Hearts have given nobody any chance to indicate whether they're going to travel or not, so I've no idea how the club can gauge this.

Hearts really are amateur at times. This is really simple stuff.

It won't be 100% accurate, but fire off an email to everyone with a ref number asking about travel intentions, take it from there. Supporters' buses do this all the time.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

What stand would you fine gentlemen recommend for the game? I’ve only been to Tynecastle once before and think I was in the Wheatfield. Is Main Stand better?

Ignore this question, turns out new ticket accounts can’t buy for the games. Quite a lot of empty seats that aren’t going to be purchased so seems like a crazy decision.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Ignore this question, turns out new ticket accounts can’t buy for the games. Quite a lot of empty seats that aren’t going to be purchased so seems like a crazy decision.

If you phoned the ticket office, I'm sure they'd make an exception if you were keen.

On 04/09/2022 at 12:54, DC92 said:

So who's looking forward to seeing us get slapped about by some plastic, nouveau riche Turkish club with no fans on a midweek afternoon then?

Praying that Kiomourtzoglou's visa miraculously comes through in time and that he's actually good. I don't fancy our current midfield options other than Devlin against a better side.

Based on who was benched yesterday, I've a feeling we might see Ginnelly up front and Shankland dropping off.

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Kio/Haring Devlin

Forrest Shankland McKay

Ginnelly

With the disastrous news that Halkett is out and the unsurprising news that Kiomourtzoglou's work permit hasn't come through I'm revising it to this.

Gordon

Smith Neilson/Sibbick Kingsley Cochrane

Forrest Haring Devlin McKay

Ginnelly Shankland

God help us. At least our inevitable gubbing will just be rolled into the wider narrative about "the standard of the game".

5 hours ago, DC92 said:

With the disastrous news that Halkett is out and the unsurprising news that Kiomourtzoglou's work permit hasn't come through I'm revising it to this.

Gordon

Smith Neilson/Sibbick Kingsley Cochrane

Forrest Haring Devlin McKay

Ginnelly Shankland

God help us. At least our inevitable gubbing will just be rolled into the wider narrative about "the standard of the game".

We're absolutely fucked. Just going to go and enjoy the day.

Can see an absolute pasting here.

On 06/09/2022 at 15:26, VincentGuerin said:

Fucking laughable stuff from Hearts with the Riga away tickets.

400-odd on sale at 155 Loyalty Points and above tomorrow, with another 500 available later.

They do realise that the game is next Thursday? Get them all on sale.

Initial 400 sold out. Next 500 only open to 135LP'S with no prospect of additional tickets despite the fact there'll be thousands of empty seats.

Looks like it's led to a mad rush of Hearts fans buying in the home end. Pretty shambolic.

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Initial 400 sold out. Next 500 only open to 135LP'S with no prospect of additional tickets despite the fact there'll be thousands of empty seats.

Looks like it's led to a mad rush of Hearts fans buying in the home end. Pretty shambolic.

Aye. I know at least five who have already bought in the home end and it seems at least one 'home' section of the stand we're in is going to be majority Hearts fans. Possibly the next one along too.

RFS have been daft in not leaving sections empty to enlarge the away end, but Hearts have done absolutely nothing here to gauge the interest so they could go to RFS and say 'We've got _____ travelling, let's be sensible here'. So, RFS have done hee haw about it.

Hearts are a terribly amateur shower so often with commercial / customer relations stuff.

Lots of Hearts fans in the home end then. Probably fine, but you never know.

8 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We're absolutely fucked. Just going to go and enjoy the day.

Can see an absolute pasting here.

Those Basaksehir handicap odds are looking tempting I have to say.

I'm pretty sure the stats tell us that no Halkett usually means we lose. I think that's as much to do with Halkett being good as it is about not having a proper back-up. Kingsley does the dirty stuff well enough but I'd say Halkett and Rowles are the only out-and-out CBs we have with any experience and they're both out. Even just being able to stick in some jobber to heads and kicks everything away would give me far more confidence.

Maybe we shift Haring back there? Not ideal, but it means no Sibbick and he'd probably be off the pace in midfield anyway.