Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

All things considered, i think this will be tremendous.  Good level of opposition, a chance to get some money from wins and excellent away trip options.

Hard to see us getting out the group, but you can only look forward to the games.  November is usually when Turkish teams stop the wages so maybe Biglia and Ozil will down tools

A couple of winnable games, a couple of big games at Tynecastle and some brilliant away trips. Superb.

The Europa League draw Zurich got was more glamorous but not sufficiently so to make up for getting skullfucked in all 6 games imo.

4 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

^^^ Not seen Hibernians 40 under 23 signings. 

3/4s of your match day squad is bang average overpaid foreign dross with no sell on value 

Although about half the starting line up Scottish so you're not as bad as some

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

3/4s of your match day squad is bang average overpaid foreign dross with no sell on value 

Although about half the starting line up Scottish so you're not as bad as some

We have just sold a young Scottish player for £3m too.  The foreign dross you say are mainly young players with the intention to develop and sell. 

We've never faced Turkish  or Latvian opposition before

The last time we faced a team from Italy Wayne Foster scored twice as we beat Bologna 3-1 at Tynecastle only to lose the away game 3-0

Yes that Wayne Foster! He only scored 3 goals in competitive games that season and two of them were against an early 90s Serie A defence. The other was at Fir Park

So I fully expect Gary MacKay Stevens to get a hat trick in Florence

I strongly suspect that the trip to Florence will be oversubscribed! 

I really like this conference league concept. I also think that 2nd might not be out of our grasp. But there's no mugs in this group IMO. 

I'm intrigued by Istanbul, but it might be a bit stabby.... Riga sounds like a good alternative though 

50 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

Istanbul is one of the best cities i've ever visited, but i'm not sure about going there for a football match. The other two are very appealing.

I'm thinking of going to Istanbul, but if I do I'll be avoiding large groups of Hearts fans trying to do the traditional "gathering in a square" type of trip. I don't think drawing attention to the fact you're a visiting football fan is very smart.

That said I believe their fans are considered a lot more tolerant than the likes of Fenerbahce and Galatasaray.

53 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I strongly suspect that the trip to Florence will be oversubscribed! 

I really like this conference league concept. I also think that 2nd might not be out of our grasp. But there's no mugs in this group IMO. 

I'm intrigued by Istanbul, but it might be a bit stabby.... Riga sounds like a good alternative though 

I don't think Fiorentina tend to give out huge away allocations either so could be a bit of a scramble for tickets.

Robbie Neilson says that Fiorentina "coming to Tynecastle on a Thursday night under the floodlights the place will be absolutely rocking." Pretty sure that's exactly what he said about Zurich as well, and Tynecastle certainly was far from rocking.

Just now, kingjoey said:

Robbie Neilson says that Fiorentina "coming to Tynecastle on a Thursday night under the floodlights the place will be absolutely rocking." Pretty sure that's exactly what he said about Zurich as well, and Tynecastle certainly was far from rocking.

What's he going to say? "Aye it'll be alright, the atmosphere will be good for 15 minutes and then die a death'.

26 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'm thinking of going to Istanbul, but if I do I'll be avoiding large groups of Hearts fans trying to do the traditional "gathering in a square" type of trip. I don't think drawing attention to the fact you're a visiting football fan is very smart.

That said I believe their fans are considered a lot more tolerant than the likes of Fenerbahce and Galatasaray.

Yeah it's a great place, i want to go back but not with Hertz.

Edited by Austin McCann

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The Hibs and Aberdeen bois are bealing here.

I’m bealing and delighted at the same time. Love Fiorentina almost as much as the Hibs and glad I’ll get to see them wipe the floor with you in Firenze. Having said that, I’m not enthused with the team at the moment. Play it right and a draw at Tynecastle isn’t out of the question. 

Aside from anything else, you’ve got a fantastic away trip from this draw, and I’m sure you’ll have a phenomenal time regardless of the result. My advice to any of you who haven’t been to Florence - get your arse over there, even if you don’t get a ticket. Heaven on earth. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

What's he going to say? "Aye it'll be alright, the atmosphere will be good for 15 minutes and then die a death'.

You're right. And I appear to be "bealing" although I would spell it "beeling".

21 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I’m bealing and delighted at the same time. Love Fiorentina almost as much as the Hibs and glad I’ll get to see them wipe the floor with you in Firenze. Having said that, I’m not enthused with the team at the moment. Play it right and a draw at Tynecastle isn’t out of the question. 

Aside from anything else, you’ve got a fantastic away trip from this draw, and I’m sure you’ll have a phenomenal time regardless of the result. My advice to any of you who haven’t been to Florence - get your arse over there, even if you don’t get a ticket. Heaven on earth. 

I checked their results from last season, a win at home to Milan, Juventus and Roma. And a draw with Inter. Scary stuff for Scottish diddies.

6 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

I checked their results from last season, a win at home to Milan, Juventus and Roma. And a draw with Inter. Scary stuff for Scottish diddies.

It’s not an easy stadium for away teams -  very much a ‘cauldron’. So there’s always that in our favour.

But keep in mind, we’ve also lost two of the best players on the planet: Vlahovic and Chiesa. 

Edited by The Other Foot