Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

18 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Need to get some of the Euro cash spent on some reinforcements in key positions.

55 minutes of a very good performance fucked in the ear by an act of stupidity.  I'm still no sure we'd have won,  but we certainly weren't going to after that.

Please avoid West Ham, surely the shittest available trip in Europe.  

West Ham is the one no one wants. Shan ground, horrific stadium 

3 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Robbie N saying on Sportsound he thought Grant should have had a penalty instead of a booking.

Aye right ye are Robbie.😉

It also wasnt just a "I havent seen it properly yet" quote, he goes into some detail............. 

"If the defender goes off his feet and goes to ground and doesn't make contact on the ball, the attacker is under no obligation to move out the way," Hearts boss Robbie Neilson told BBC Scotland of the decision to send Grant off.

"My opinion is it's a penalty, but we have to accept it."

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Need to get some of the Euro cash spent on some reinforcements in key positions.

55 minutes of a very good performance fucked in the ear by an act of stupidity.  I'm still no sure we'd have won,  but we certainly weren't going to after that.

Please avoid West Ham, surely the shittest available trip in Europe.  

You want FC Koln 👌🏼

23 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It also wasnt just a "I havent seen it properly yet" quote, he goes into some detail............. 

"If the defender goes off his feet and goes to ground and doesn't make contact on the ball, the attacker is under no obligation to move out the way," Hearts boss Robbie Neilson told BBC Scotland of the decision to send Grant off.

"My opinion is it's a penalty, but we have to accept it."

He also claimed they were "outstanding" in the first leg so he's long since stopped taking interviews seriously/lost his mind.

Ideally:

Pot 1 - 🇪🇦 Villarreal or 🇧🇪 Gent

Pot 2 - 🇮🇹 Fiorentina or 🇩🇪 FC Köln or 🇸🇰 Slovan Bratislava

Pot 3 - 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Heart of Midlothian

Pot 4 - 🇵🇱 Lech Poznań or 🇸🇪 Djurgårdens IF or 🇦🇲 Pyunik or 🇱🇻 FK RFS or 🇽🇰 Ballkani

In terms of glamour, good cities, and/or an outside chance of qualifying, as well as avoiding cities or clubs we have visited or played in recent memory.

7 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

I know that Sibbick is deemed to be the bombscare de nos jours, and everyone is keen to give him some grief, but the lad is seriously unlucky at the moment, didn't think he did much wrong at the goal really (having only just seen it!). He really can't catch a break at the moment.

I think he's had "involvement" with at least 50% of our concessions in the last 10 days and has had a red card 😵💫😂😂😂🥹

Cool post Mrs Sibbick

11 hours ago, Binos said:

When we start producing technical players who don't panic under pressure 

ie never

Can't agree with this.

It's certainly the case at Aberdeen, but from looking around the league the players who are most comfortable on the ball under pressure are the younger players.

With a bit of luck in the draw Hearts could through,  plenty of teams that they could beat in there. 

£4 or £5m+?  Plus experience of playing in Europe. 

I thought they were really unlucky last night and mostly looked the part,  just lacked a bit of luck in front of goals. 

Positives

First half performance. It was the right team to start with and I thought he were playing well enough whilst being wary of their counter attacks. Could do with being more ruthless in front of goal(I'm looking at you Boyce FFS)

Negatives

Our crowd. 12th Man my fucking hoop. We just show up and expect the noise to come from somewhere?

Grant. Wtf was he thinking doing that on a booking. Stay up and he's probably won the penalty 

The abuse Sibbick got. He's not a centre back and unlucky for the goal, calm doon.

Police Scotland and the stewarding. No wonder Gordon got caught with a coin. If Scottish fans acted like Zurich fans did, we'd be clubbed to death.

Our bench. We still need 3/4 signings if we want to perform in Europe.

Zurich had our number without getting out of third gear. They managed us, almost like they had on strings. 

For all our alleged atmosphere, our stadium can be very useful for away teams that keep singing also. Probably moreso if anything.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

6 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Positives

First half performance. It was the right team to start with and I thought he were playing well enough whilst being wary of their counter attacks. Could do with being more ruthless in front of goal(I'm looking at you Boyce FFS)

Negatives

Our crowd. 12th Man my fucking hoop. We just show up and expect the noise to come from somewhere?

Grant. Wtf was he thinking doing that on a booking. Stay up and he's probably won the penalty 

The abuse Sibbick got. He's not a centre back but calm doon.

Police Scotland and the stewarding. No wonder Gordon got caught with a coin. If Scottish fans acted like Zurich fans did, we'd be clubbed to death.

Our bench. We still need 3/4 signings if we want to perform in Europe.

Zurich had our number without getting out of third gear. They managed us, almost like they had on strings

For all our alleged atmosphere, our stadium can be very useful for away teams that keep singing also. Probably moreso if anything.

Think you're wrong here.  Until the sending off Zurich were all over the place and looked a piss poor outfit.  Poor decision making in the final third is the only thing that kept them in the game.

8 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Zurich had our number without getting out of third gear. They managed us, almost like they had on strings. 

Disagree with this. They at no point had us on strings til the red and then they managed it well. We were all over them first half and not being clinical was the reason it was level at HT, not because their gameplan worked.