Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

17 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I'd prefer anyone with a bit of charisma and able to inflect their voice even slightly above monotone. Not asking for much, Shirley?

That's Jane Lewis out

I still expect Hearts to go through

Hearts will put this team to the sword at Tynecastle.

Honestly, when will some people learn.

Zurich very much have the advantage and it will only take 1 goal from them to kill the game. There is absolutely no point in getting excited for Hearts yet. I fully expect another Scottish let down next week, maybe a first half Zurich goal to make it 3-1 and leave Hearts chasing the game. I won’t be surprised if Hearts indulge in a bit of shite defending and concede a cheap goal. They shite it on the big occasion and play negative football. Another miserable result for a Scottish diddy side. I want to be wrong though. I want Hearts to come out to a cauldron of noise and make the Tynecastle advantage count. I want them to become the first diddy team since Aberdeen in 2008 to get to the group stage. I’m just not getting my hopes up about it.

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It depends - if its the Conf league, you will be fine (with respect to them, its not a high standard) in those games.

If you manage to spawn a win next week, then I agree - you will need much more quality in the Europa.

There'll still be good teams in the top two seeds of the Conference group, better than us certainly.

It's more about getting the strength in depth we need to compete on both fronts because we certainly don't have that at the moment imo. The defence is lighter on options than it was last season and one injury saw us finishing the game with an LB at RCB, a poor CB at RB and an RB in midfield.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It is a great score. But let's not be silly here, Zurich could and should have scored another three goals.

Hertz 'could' have scored twice late on if Forest and Boyce decided to release the ball...

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It depends - if its the Conf league, you will be fine (with respect to them, its not a high standard) in those games.

If you manage to spawn a win next week, then I agree - you will need much more quality in the Europa.

lol wut

The Conference League is absolutely a decent standard and we need more signings regardless. Look at the teams that will be in Pot 1 and Pot 2 in paticular. Most of the Pot 4 sides are relative diddies, but that's about it. The final was Roma v Feyenoord last season, with Leicester and Marseille turfed out in the semi's.

Nor will a Hearts win at home to FC Zurich be 'spawny'. 🥴

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Not good enough from Hearts, but 2-1 against a better side isn't a terrible result.

Atkinson shouldn't be starting, and there have to be stronger options off the bench than Sibbick.

C'mon man....glass half-empty. I dont buy into 'they were the better team' banter. Granted they passed up 2 or 3 chances which at this level you would have expected to have been put away but Hearts were the attacking force for the majority of the second-half.

Thats what surprised me about Zurich.No doubt in my mind Hearts will beat them at Tynecastle and go through. 

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Zurich very much have the advantage and it will only take 1 goal from them to kill the game. There is absolutely no point in getting excited for Hearts yet. I fully expect another Scottish let down next week, maybe a first half Zurich goal to make it 3-1 and leave Hearts chasing the game. I won’t be surprised if Hearts indulge in a bit of shite defending and concede a cheap goal. They shite it on the big occasion and play negative football. Another miserable result for a Scottish diddy side. I want to be wrong though. I want Hearts to come out to a cauldron of noise and make the Tynecastle advantage count. I want them to become the first diddy team since Aberdeen in 2008 to get to the group stage. I’m just not getting my hopes up about it.

We'll be in group stage football no matter what, m8.

Hearts just need to win at Tynecastle, where we're usually extremely strong. It won't be a surprise if we don't do it, but it's not exactly the Mount Everest of challenges either.

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Yeh.......I'm going to listen to a Stuart Cosgrove Acolyte.

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

This is an accurate assessment.. We have a chance but Scottish "diddy" teams are not known for taking their chances.

2 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

C'mon man....glass half-empty. I dont buy into 'they were the better team' banter. Granted they passed up 2 or 3 chances which at this level you would have expected to have been put away but Hearts were the attacking force for the majority of the second-half.

Thats what surprised me about Zurich. No doubt in my mind Hearts will beat them at Tynecastle and go through. 

Might have been better if we'd picked our strongest side - you're not giving yourself the best chance.

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

How exactly does one Zurich goal kill the game?   1 goal behind with no away goals these days gives you a decent shot.  I'd still have them as favourites but i didn't see anything to particularly worry about

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Shut up you fucking wet wipe. The Jam Tarts are going to wipe the floor with these clock making, toblerone loving wankers.

8 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’ve watched most of FCZ’s games this season so far, and that’s what I’m basing my opinion on. Second half tonight after Hearts changed shape at the back it was largely them on top. If Dzemaili is injured and out, Zürich have no one remotely close to his level playing deep in midfield. A Hearts goal and FCZ are liable to completely collapse. Tonight is the first time this season they have gone behind and not done that, and they largely got away with it thanks to Hearts horrendous defending in the first half. With Hearts guaranteed Conference League football there isn’t really any pressure on them. Zürich on the other hand, having gone out of the Champions League already and sitting bottom of the league already have their entire season on the line. They go out next week and the manager will probably be getting sacked. The pressure is all on them, especially as they are taking a lead to Scotland.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

If Halkett is out next week:

Gordon

Smith Rowles Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Halliday

Forrest Boyce McKay

Shankland

Cheers.

Haring was surprisingly shite tonight but there's no way I'd be subbing in Halliday. :lol:

Other than that, I agree.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Shut up you fucking wet wipe. The Jam Tarts are going to wipe the floor with these clock making, toblerone loving wankers.

😂.... Jamamafegan.....when you've got 2 supporters of Championship clubs tellin ye tae CHEER THE f**k UP.......is that no teeling ye something?

15 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

You do know that hearts are in a group stage regardless ?