Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

Fair play to the Jambos. Apart from Sibbick and Haring...thought Hearts played well and had Halkett played the 90...may not have concede those goals.

Surprised Zurich were so lame as an attacking force in the second half.

Hearts will put this team to the sword at Tynecastle.

Just now, Ross. said:

Probably their best performance of the season to be honest.

Swiss Champs saving their best performance of the season so far for the Hertz, but let's not let that stop Hibs diddies chugging themselves into oblivion. yXAbrOQ.png

There was a terrible wobble at the end of the first half. But that aside, I think that was more or less what you'd expect.

The shape that finished has to start at Tynecastle. But overall that's there for the winning. Nobody would have been upset if offered a 1-2 this morning.

Shape of the game will be very different at Tynecastle, and that has to go down as a reasonable job done.

Some absolutely wildly negative takes on this thread, but there you go.

I've never been convinced by the idea you take a 1 goal defeat in the away leg but I absolutely will in those circumstances.  

They're a better team (as I expected) but a poor team selection, Halkett's injury and a lack of squad depth have cost us a better result. A back four of Smith, Halkett, Rowles and Kingsley would've had a chance of a result there imo. Baningime's composure in midfield was also missed.

The home leg is a different game and I'd have been reasonably confident if Halkett hadn't got injured. I don't know what we do without him but, whatever the team selection, it absolutely CANNOT involve Atkinson or Sibbick. Atkinson was expectedly dreadful in the first half and I reckon almost every Zurich chance in the second half was Sibbick's fault. The left hand side of defence was comfortable enough.

Too late for the second leg, but we really need at least 4 good players in by the groups. A CB, CM and 2 attackers.

21 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Decent performance, but really don't like this "losing is a good outcome" patter from the commentary and analysts. Banter League mindset.

No wonder stadiums are half-empty when Scottish teams play abroad.

Dont forget that venue wasnt Zurich's home ground. 

Dont think you can blame lack of Swiss bums on seats on a Scottish teams involvement. 

15 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

Jealous much ya pretentious c**t?

We have a chance it's all i wanted.

Pretentious, moi?

Still not got over our last wee spat I see?

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Very pleased to see I still bounce around the cavity where your brain should be...................

26 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Zurich were there for the taking and based on tonight you'd fancy Hearts to win the return leg. 

So they probably won't. 

It is a great score. But let's not be silly here, Zurich could and should have scored another three goals.

9 minutes ago, DC92 said:

we really need at least 4 good players in by the groups

It depends - if its the Conf league, you will be fine (with respect to them, its not a high standard) in those games.

If you manage to spawn a win next week, then I agree - you will need much more quality in the Europa.

12 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

No more 3 at the back thanks.  It worked with last year's 3, it most certainly hasn't this season.  

Think we've got a very decent shot at beating them tbh.  Especially if that Dzemaili boy is out, he looked a class above

The thing is, aside from being obvious looking at our current options, we've already learned that lesson this season. More than once. 

It was mental to go with a defensive combination which we've never played, especially when it featured Atkinson. It made no sense whatsoever. Just play the same back 4 that's conceded 1 non-penalty in the last 150 minutes of football.