Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Some mad drama queens on this thread.

Bad five minutes aside, that was ok.

Must have had low expectations as I thought Hearts were pretty poor tbh, despite Zurich looking rather shite.

Haring is utter gubbins. Gave the ball away constantly.

Commentary is just the dirt worst. Wee w**k McLeod scoffing that "you'd expect to beat a Swiss team" - based on fucking what?

This is truly rank. Fc Zurich are bottom of the Swiss league, and playing their "home" match in another city, in an 80% empty stadium are still way too good for easily the 3rd best side in Scotland. 

They won their league last season. A change of the guard during the summer has obviously hampered their start to league proceedings, but beating Basel and Young Boys Bern to the title can’t be overlooked. Regardless of their league position, Hearts are quite rightly underdogs. Going back to Tynecastle only one goal down is probably a decent result tbh.

When was the last time a team outside OF got to the group stages of a competition? Aberdeen circa 2008? We’re just not very good at football in all honesty.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Must have had low expectations as I thought Hearts were pretty poor tbh, despite Zurich looking rather shite.

Haring is utter gubbins. Gave the ball away constantly.

Commentary is just the dirt worst. Wee w**k McLeod scoffing that "you'd expect to beat a Swiss team" - based on fucking what?

Not really sure what this means.

I don't think anyone has us favourites here.

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

What's with the constant cutaway shots of the Hertz and Zurich top brass? The Zurich ones were smoking fags and pipes earlier an aw.

WWF Attitude Era skybox vibes.

Long cutaways and replays is usually a director who thinks he's better than this peasant football shite.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

When was the last time a team outside OF got to the group stages of a competition? Aberdeen circa 2008? We’re just not very good at football in all honesty.

Hearts in 2022.

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Wish we had big Beni tonight. 😢

Old Man Smith should have started ahead of Natty Akka as well, regardless of him winning the penalty. Baffling.

Aye. It's a real shame that Beni's not around for this. People forget the difference he makes.

Beni and Halkett in this side makes a huge difference. That's fitba.

We've been poor overall. I didn't like the starting setup in defence and Halkett's injury has both weakened us significantly and prevented us from changing it later in the game. Amazing that we're playing an away game in Europe with Sibbick and Atkinson as the right-hand side of our defence. Hard to see then not conceding again.

On a mildly positive note, their defence can be got at. I'm just not sure we're equipped to get at it.