Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

20220417-104045.jpg

Europa League Play-off Round

Draw: 2 August 2022

1st leg: 18 August 2022 - 🇨🇭 FC Zürich (a)

2nd leg: 25 August 2022 - 🇨🇭 FC Zürich (h)

Conference League Group Stage

Draw: 26 August 2022

Group A

Matchday 1: 8 September 2022 - 🇹🇷 İstanbul Başakşehir (h)

Matchday 2: 15 September 2022 - 🇱🇻 RFS (a)

Matchday 3: 6 October 2022 - 🇮🇹 Fiorentina (h)

Matchday 4: 13 October 2022 - 🇮🇹 Fiorentina (a)

Matchday 5: 27 October 2022 - 🇱🇻 RFS (h)

Matchday 6: 3 November 2022 - 🇹🇷 İstanbul Başakşehir (a)

Edited by Elixir

How many future seasons are Scotland currently guaranteed to have a team outside the Old Firm in group stage European football? Surely whoever qualifies both next season and the season after at a minimum?

47 minutes ago, Elixir said:

How many future seasons are Scotland currently guaranteed to have a team outside the Old Firm in group stage European football? Surely whoever qualifies both next season and the season after at a minimum?

Need top 12 for CW/3rd in the EL PO -> ECL GS - we're 9th this season which means 2022-23 CW/3rd is guaranteed, next season we start 8.300 ahead of 12th so that's almost certainly guaranteed for 2023-24. So long as we don't shit the bed next season then we should be fine for the following season as well. 

Spreadsheets I found on Bert's site showing seedings and possible opponents for the EL PO, and currently pot 4 for the ECL GS.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zpt5J7mz3t-53slOYtKzijZrZYCF39aHWd7MvZu-t1U/edit#gid=1919046645 (updates automatically based on league tables)

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=FB41E3B5AA1A44FE!4317&ithint=file%2Cxlsx&authkey=!ABqeGDbe7-QwpCY

Edited by Ginaro

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Need top 12 for CW/3rd in the EL PO -> ECL GS - we're 9th this season which means 2022-23 CW/3rd is guaranteed, next season we start 8.300 ahead of 12th so that's almost certainly guaranteed for 2023-24. So long as we don't shit the bed next season then we should be fine for the following season as well.

Excellent. Hearts could really start to pull away from 'the rest' if they reinvest this money well and can have a couple more third-place finishes in the coming seasons. That's on top of the Foundation of Hearts money.

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

Excellent. Hearts could really start to pull away from 'the rest' if they reinvest this money well and can have a couple more third-place finishes in the coming seasons. That's on top of the Foundation of Hearts money.

Hearts have all the tools to reach the knockouts in the Conference given the wages and budgets of some of the teams who’ve done it this season. 

Jammy b*****ds.

Seriously, best of luck lads and enjoy your 8+ European matches.

Think Neilsonball might be alright in Europe, especially at a packed Tynecastle.

In terms of seeding, Hearts will want the winners of the ECL to qualify for the CL or EL Groups as that will make them one of the Top 3 Priority 1 sides which means they'll likely face an easier opponent. Think Slovan Brataslava or Maribor instead of Fenerbache.  

16 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

In terms of seeding, Hearts will want the winners of the ECL to qualify for the CL or EL Groups as that will make them one of the Top 3 Priority 1 sides which means they'll likely face an easier opponent. Think Slovan Brataslava or Maribor instead of Fenerbache.  

There's no seeded/unseeded in the EL PO draw, if Hearts are one of the first three out of the hat then they'll play against a P4 team (winners of EL Q3 main path ties) or against a P3 team (from the EL Q3 champions path). As described below:

The teams are drawn in accordance with the priorities in the following order:
1) P1 teams are drawn against P4 teams.
2) The remaining P1 teams are drawn against P3 teams.

Which would be Partizan, APOEL, Fenerbahce in P4 or Ferencvaros, Maribor, Slovan Bratislava, HJK, The New Saints in P3 - as it stands.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

There's no seeded/unseeded in the EL PO draw, if Hearts are one of the first three out of the hat then they'll play against a P4 team (winners of EL Q3 main path ties) or against a P3 team (from the EL Q3 champions path). As described below:

The teams are drawn in accordance with the priorities in the following order:
1) P1 teams are drawn against P4 teams.
2) The remaining P1 teams are drawn against P3 teams.

Which would be Partizan, APOEL, Fenerbahce in P4 or Ferencvaros, Maribor, Slovan Bratislava, HJK, The New Saints in P3 - as it stands.

My apologies I had misread a usually sound source this morning.

58 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Who was the last team outside us and Celtic to reach group stage football . I could be wrong but was it Aberdeen in 07/08 ?

Aye. Before that, Hertz in 2004/05. Technically the first Scottish/British team to reach the new UEFA Cup/Europa League group stage by virtue of other sides being taken to extra-time/penalties.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Aye. Before that, Hertz in 2004/05. Technically the first Scottish/British team to reach the new UEFA Cup/Europa League group stage by virtue of other sides being taken to extra-time/penalties.

Yeah I remember that campaign from Hearts . I remember you playing feyenord and Basel but couldn’t tell you the rest of the group 

Edit Just read up on it and seen that it was Braga you beat to qualify for the groups back then aswell 

Edited by Forever_blueco

I know money will be greater on the Europa, but the conference maybe gives hearts a better chance to compete evenly.

Similar to why I think Celtic and Rangers are better in the Europa League than champions League. 

Much more fun to watch competitive games, than getting humped. 

25 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

All this group stage chat is dependent upon Villareal not winning the CL though, isn't it?

Sorry my first response Misread what you posted 

Hearts are guaranteed a Europa play off place now 

lose that and they will drop into the conference league group stages so they are guaranteed group stage football of some sort.

Edited by Forever_blueco