Jump to content

Kilmarnock v Arbroath, 22.04.22


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, 101 said:

How many supporters busses are going I think that probably will be the best gauge of how many Arbroath fans will be there. 

I think there might be a 200+ non Abroath fans in your end. 

It's a nice conversation to have, and should make for a great atmosphere to have a busy stadium.

I assume that’s a number plucked from thin air with absolutely no evidence or research.

I really can’t see hundreds of non Arbroath fans paying £20 a ticket + travel + food etc on a Friday night in Kilmarnock when the game is live on tv.

I definitely think there will be some but probably dozens, not in the hundreds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tattie36 said:

I assume that’s a number plucked from thin air with absolutely no evidence or research.

I really can’t see hundreds of non Arbroath fans paying £20 a ticket + travel + food etc on a Friday night in Kilmarnock when the game is live on tv.

I definitely think there will be some but probably dozens, not in the hundreds.

Yes to avoid doubt I have no idea, but then again this is a light-hearted forum and if your not familiar with my posting it's 99% nonsense.

Started as a joke with the amount of folk chiming into the thread saying they were going.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Yes to avoid doubt I have no idea, but then again this is a light-hearted forum and if your not familiar with my posting it's 99% nonsense.

Started as a joke with the amount of folk chiming into the thread saying they were going.

 

Apologies in that case. Just fed up with the crap coming from some Killie fans who think about 75% of those in the away end on Friday are going to be neutrals or folk from Arbroath who actually really support the OF. Kind of ironic coming from them considering the (unwarranted imo) rubbish they have to put up with re being “you-know-whats without the bus fare”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Arbroath supporters should relish the fact Killie fans are aiming jibes in their direction. It highlights just how much their arses are twitching ahead of Friday night.

That being said, if the Pars were about to play a de facto title decider then I wouldn't be giving the slightest f**k what any opposition fan had to say.

Edited by Cardle is Magic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s impossible not to pass respect onto Arbroath for this season, what needs to happen is for the Killie team to show no respect for 90 minutes and hopefully focus on getting the victory.

I wish we had 8 or 9 thousand Killie fans turning up every week, we wouldn’t have been in this position if we had. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a pointless thing to ask for though. Lots of these people are casual fans who either can't afford to attend every week or are doing other things and have to prioritise the games they want to go to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jack_Jarvis said:

It’s impossible not to pass respect onto Arbroath for this season, what needs to happen is for the Killie team to show no respect for 90 minutes and hopefully focus on getting the victory.

I wish we had 8 or 9 thousand Killie fans turning up every week, we wouldn’t have been in this position if we had. 

Every club has an element of fairweather support that only comes along for the big games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Legit jealous, working friday night too but will have it recorded to watch coming in. Feels nice to be genuinely kinda neutral over it but would rather arbroath won or its a draw just purely to take it to the last day and open up better scenes potential.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks set to be a huge crowd on Friday. Let’s get the 12th man right behind the team. I’m glad it’s at home, where our record is pretty bloody decent of late. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That's a pointless thing to ask for though. Lots of these people are casual fans who either can't afford to attend every week or are doing other things and have to prioritise the games they want to go to.

And yet they turned up more regularly in the Bobby Williamson days, it’s all about a team challenging for, or actually winning silverware. 
Still waiting on the ones who left because of JJ & MJ to return, I’m sure they must be close. 
Of course peoples priorities change, but we seem to be finally engaging with the younger fans, hopefully a good performance and victory on Friday will whet their appetite for more . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is massive for Kilmarnock and their players. This is their livelihoods. Next season they might not be getting such a lucrative contract if they do not win this game of football. Derek McInnes and his players must be feeling huge pressure. Walking into that ground going by people who’s jobs might rely on Kilmarnock having Premiership football next season. 
 

For us it is literally nothing to lose and everything to gain. Imagine there’ll be huge bonuses for our players if they achieve the unthinkable. 
 

I think the first 15-20 minutes will be big. We will have to settle into the game and occasion and I imagine Killie will be looking to use the big crowd and energy at start of game to get off to a good start. But we are an experienced group of players. All of them played infront of big crowds and atmospheres aside from maybe young Jack and Chris Hamilton who are both guys who would relish it 

 

Also good that it’s not must win like it would be if it was a 4 point gap. Fact we can go a goal or even 2 down and still be in with a chance of getting a draw and an important result is big.
 

got to think we will go

 

Gaston 

 

JT (would even consider Goldy instead, this only position concerning me)

Little

ToB

Hamilton 
 

Stewart

Hamilton

Low

McKenna

 

Hilson (can see him getting a lot of free kicks off Taylor and the other big lad) 

Jack Hamilton

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Jack_Jarvis said:

We seem to be finally engaging with the younger fans, hopefully a good performance and victory on Friday will whet their appetite for more . 

I read on FB the young team have organised and been given permission by the club to put on a display along the top of the East Stand for this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This is massive for Kilmarnock and their players. This is their livelihoods. Next season they might not be getting such a lucrative contract if they do not win this game of football. Derek McInnes and his players must be feeling huge pressure. Walking into that ground going by people who’s jobs might rely on Kilmarnock having Premiership football next season. 
 

For us it is literally nothing to lose and everything to gain. Imagine there’ll be huge bonuses for our players if they achieve the unthinkable. 
 

I think the first 15-20 minutes will be big. We will have to settle into the game and occasion and I imagine Killie will be looking to use the big crowd and energy at start of game to get off to a good start. But we are an experienced group of players. All of them played infront of big crowds and atmospheres aside from maybe young Jack and Chris Hamilton who are both guys who would relish it 

 

Also good that it’s not must win like it would be if it was a 4 point gap. Fact we can go a goal or even 2 down and still be in with a chance of getting a draw and an important result is big.
 

got to think we will go

 

Gaston 

 

JT (would even consider Goldy instead, this only position concerning me)

Little

ToB

Hamilton 
 

Stewart

Hamilton

Low

McKenna

 

Hilson (can see him getting a lot of free kicks off Taylor and the other big lad) 

Jack Hamilton

 

 

Everybody knows what this means to Kilmarnock. 

I'm not buying that it's a free hit for Arbroath though. 

There is significant pressure on both clubs, but for vastly different reasons. 

Thankfully, our home form in the run up to this fixture has been almost exemplary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Everybody knows what this means to Kilmarnock. 

I'm not buying that it's a free hit for Arbroath though. 

There is significant pressure on both clubs, but for vastly different reasons. 

Thankfully, our home form in the run up to this fixture has been almost exemplary. 

I don’t think there is any pressure on us. I didn’t ever think we’d be in this position at this stage of the season right up until Saturday at about half 4. We have got absolutely nothing to lose here and Killie are a huge club used to Premiership football who have went all out to get back up there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don’t think there is any pressure on us. I didn’t ever think we’d be in this position at this stage of the season right up until Saturday at about half 4. We have got absolutely nothing to lose here and Killie are a huge club used to Premiership football who have went all out to get back up there 

Of course there’s pressure on Arbroath. Everyone apart from Kilmarnock fans wants them to win and there’s the pressure of potentially making history. There’s absolutely pressure on both sides. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fide said:

Of course there’s pressure on Arbroath. Everyone apart from Kilmarnock fans wants them to win and there’s the pressure of potentially making history. There’s absolutely pressure on both sides. 

To be honest with you they’ve already made history taking it this far there’ll not be another team that do this in my lifetime and potentially ever again. Dick will have us loose and ready to go. 
 

Wonder who’s turn it’ll be to sing the gambler this time 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don’t think there is any pressure on us. I didn’t ever think we’d be in this position at this stage of the season right up until Saturday at about half 4. We have got absolutely nothing to lose here and Killie are a huge club used to Premiership football who have went all out to get back up there 

Surely the pressure for Arbroath is that this is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for the club and this group of players to win the league and play in the Premiership?

I appreciate this wasn’t expected by Arbroath fans pre season and what you’ve done is fantastic and off the park you’ll be in a strong place no matter what happens but on the park you’re absolutely in a position to make history and surely there would be a massive feeling of ‘what might have been’ if you fall short, knowing that you’ll probably never get as good a chance again? That’s certainly how I feel about our unexpected title challenge in 2010/2011.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...