Kilmarnock v Arbroath, 22.04.22

Thank f**k.

Appear to have made it home, bonus.

Hope Arbroath join us, Dungdee (must be the worst collection of fans in the planet) and one of the two St's down would be amusing. 

Back on it may be the answer, sure it will help the golf in the morning...

21 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Thank f**k.

Appear to have made it home, bonus.

Hope Arbroath join us, Dungdee (must be the worst collection of fans in the planet) and one of the two St's down would be amusing. 

Back on it may be the answer, sure it will help the golf in the morning...

With patter like that, I'm not so sure.

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

It appears your club are fully focused on granting your wish tbf.

Dunfermline will finish in the region of 30 points behind that same part time side.... just let that sink in for a moment.

Conveniently leaving out the section of the post where I talk about middle aged men running on to the pitch and confronting the Arbroath players.

How Dunfermline being shite means I'm going to perish is a logic gap that I'm clearly not qualified to understand.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Kilmarnock keep reminding us they are the Ayrshire Killie. Is there another one somewhere else that we may get them confused with?

Kilmarnock, Queensland, Australia or Kilmarnock, Virginia, USA.... hope this settles your confusion.

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

There was a huge temptation for Arbroath to sit on their lead last night but it's invariably a big mistake. They conceded very cheap possession to Killie all over the pitch, stopped pressing the ball early and basically invited a mountain of trouble. That said, I wasn't convinced at all that Killie were going to score - Gaston did well but they were all saves that you would totally expect him to make. Arbroath haven't remotely resembled a PT side this season BUT they did in that second half. I genuinely think that they should have introduced fresh legs much earlier and adopted a much more positive outlook. In all honesty they created nothing in the second half and the ever dangerous Hamilton was starved of any decent service.

Its a shame for their monumental effort to end this way - at HT they were in control of their own destiny but I think the Mgt and players will be kicking themselves that they have allowed this unbelievable opportunity to slip through their hands.

Arbroath were frustrating in the second half.

I'm not sure that sitting in and getting deep was an approach.  I think it was just an outcome from their failure to get much of the ball.  That was maybe just a result of Kilmarnock having better players and starting to look like it.

I don't think it's particularly a symptom of a team being part-time, but Arbroath looked knackered for much of the second half.  It was probably as a result of giving so much in the first half, and of seeing so little possession as the second unfolded.

For me, it was epitomised late on with the score at 1-1.  I'm not even sure who it was, but an Arbroath midfielder headed it lamely forward when he had all day to bring it down.  The winner followed almost immediately.

They've just come up a tad short in the end.  It's a real shame, but it's been an incredible season for them.  I'm really glad the play-off route still exists, but I think they'll be up against it now.  Last night must have been incredibly deflating.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

2 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

I've seen a bit of criticism, particularly on twitter, about the quality of play that was on show. I'd rather watch what we saw last night than a Pep Guardiola team make 30 sideways passes in their own half tbf.

The quality on show was very low but it was still an entertaining and intriguing game to watch. The atmosphere was electric, which helped enormously.

8 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The quality on show was very low but it was still an entertaining and intriguing game to watch. The atmosphere was electric, which helped enormously.

I thought the second half was the first time in the 4 games between the teams that Killie matched Arbroath physically on a consistent basis. Feel they dominated us in tackling and running. Once we *actually* committed to fighting for every 50/50 we started to see more possession. 

I thought the second half was the first time in the 4 games between the teams that Killie matched Arbroath physically on a consistent basis. Feel they dominated us in tackling and running. Once we *actually* committed to fighting for every 50/50 we started to see more possession. 

True

34 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Killie definitely weren't prepared for Arbroath physically in the first half.

When they started fighting fire with fire instead of whinging at the ref, they took control and smothered them quite effectively.

14 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

When they started fighting fire with fire instead of whinging at the ref, they took control and smothered them quite effectively.

Appears it's only taken 34.5 games, for someone to work us out, doesn't say a lot about the rest of the league

A less tolerant ref would have had Lafferty off for his whingeing.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I didn’t. I’d much rather play Arbroath in the play offs, when we get past Thistle or Raith. I was delighted when Alston scored.

Fixed that fir you m9

39 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

It’s easy to see why, Lafferty appears to wear out his welcome, everywhere he plays, pity, he’s a fine player

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

A less tolerant mod would do the same for your whingeing too.

Come on, your team is just about to complete one of its most successful and enjoyable seasons in many years, be happy, and good luck in the playoffs.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

11 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

Yip in all likelihood. If only there was a transfer window between seasons, eh?

Incoming Andy Considine and Curtis Main.