Kilmarnock v Arbroath, 22.04.22

28 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Your team's fans came to our ground tonight in the hopes of seeing us getting beat and instead watched us lift one more piece of silverware than your team ever has 🤣 Talk about rent free 

I doubt this is true as it was just a young lad but I was at Darvel vs Auchinleck on Monday and there were a few boys about 16-17 years old around me. One was an Ayr fan (and clearly a proper fan as he was going into some detail about the Dunfermline game) and he said there was about 50 Ayr fans going to the game tonight.

Hope they enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Thoroughly deserved based on the second half. Ultimately Kilmarnock had more quality on the park and in the dugout. Shame for Arbroath but cannot argue overall.

Nice to see someone sensible commenting on the game. 

I have to be honest after 75 minutes I thought it was going to be one of these days where it just didn't happen but I thought we deserved to win in the end,   Arbroath sat too deep and in the end I think they ran out of steam.  Also with Gaston being injured this curtailed them,

2 hours ago, Kejan said:

Can't complain, started brilliant and got the goal and sat back (we all would).

Never at any point did Killie really threaten, yet at the same time thought Arbroath defended brilliantly and Gaston had been excellent.

Bang, a goal and then a struggle to get back in to it, and bang another goal to the deserved winners and well done Kilmarnock!

Arbroath - what a season. We could have won it, we had shitey spells of points dropped (at home too) the same time, they always seemed to bounce back with a unfanicied win here and there whilst Killie were stumbling around pished in the dark ballsing it up at the same time.

The playoffs will be tough, and you never know. Not too sound pessimist, but everything about this felt like a cup final today for Arbroath. Getting an extra few games off for them is a nice reward but potentially beating an SPFL team over two-legs, whilst doable feels like a bit of a mammoth task, tbh. This team has a spirit though and I'll never put anything past them.

Hugely gutted. Will probably never see that again, tbh, so there's an element of so close...but once that falls away in a few days, it's the playoffs, I put nothing past this team and to sound even more goon like, watch them play another cup final(s) in front of a packed-out Gayfield ; a three-digit away support ; more media exposure for not just the team, fans and club, but my home town that doesn't get too favorable press these days outwith the local Angus/Dundee area, IME. 

No matter what happens, I know fans of the club who have been through thick and think - luckily I did a bit of traveling/living abroad at this time - didn't experience much of the major lows ; apart from the Queens Park Div 3 playoff home loss in 07? And even that, was a bit of a cup final. To have gone from that, to the last 5-6 years is just unthinkable and brought some amazing highs. If it feels good for me (a bit-part fan) I can't imagine how it feels for the folks who have gone to every game for decades!

Havering enough, but Lichties, have a great night tonight. Killie fans, you too ; but Lichties mostly.

Great post.  I think you sat too deep for too long and in the end it cost you the game.  You didn't try to put us under any pressure after you scored and tried to defend your lead for too long. 

I kind of hope you do well in the play offs but I can't say I like Dick Campbell's tactics.

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

Your team's fans came to our ground tonight in the hopes of seeing us getting beat and instead watched us lift one more piece of silverware than your team ever has 🤣 Talk about rent free 

Rent free,............................. clown

56 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Said a few weeks ago I'd rather Killie won the title so I'm chuffed enough with the result, happy for the two Murrays.

Was quite an enjoyable game to watch aswell, good advert. 

I  would like to see Dunfermline in the Premiership also. All the best for the rest of the season.

I still feel for the many Killie fans that were denied a ticket . Maybe the club underestimated our support by giving a full stand to Arbroath. What’s done now is done and it’s on to Kirkcaldy for the end of season party. Take a bow Killie fans, after last season’s capitulation against Dundee you have been absolutely superb this season. Only thing missing was a big day out in Dumfries due to crowd restrictions. That cost QOTS a lot of cash and it’s one of my favourite grounds.

29 minutes ago, @lb@yr said:

Rent free,............................. clown

Nice to see some followers of Ayrshire's embarrassment are handling Friday nights events well.

It must be really hard to take knowing your the also rans of the county, streets behind Killie, Talbot and Darvel.

Now off you pop.

Edited by C4mmy31

On 19/04/2022 at 09:54, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Legit jealous, working friday night too but will have it recorded to watch coming in. Feels nice to be genuinely kinda neutral over it but would rather arbroath won or its a draw just purely to take it to the last day and open up better scenes potential.

Finished watching it about an hour ago, got some scenes tonight at least.

Thought Ash Taylor was motm for killie. May have been at fault with his positioning for Big Match Jimbo Craigen sclaffing in the opener but other than that was solid. Rory McKenzie was poor at the other end of the scale, not quite full on swan dives but just looking for soft fouls. Weaker refs buy it but not tonight. Although i thought Lafferty was unlucky to be booked imo.

Arbroath clearly put a lot into it and ultimately just ran out of energy, they were ragged at the winner, whole midfield caught behind the play. If they'd managed to carry more of a forward threat and even bagged a second while they still had the legs then they could have done it, but it wasnt to be, didnt manage to get past killie at the back to trouble the keeper, Taylor especially dealt with just about everything, played some smart passes in possession over distance, and also controlled the ball brilliantly even under pressure. I dont think it was for lack of trying as they didnt seem to be too bad for timewasting, which helped keep the game interesting.

Gaston maybe should have come off? Wasnt taking goal kicks second half and flat footed for alstons goal.

'Grats to Killie, its not easy to slog your way out of this league. Arbroath shouldnt have much to fear if they face us in the playoff on the face of that performance, but maybe we'll slither past them if we get there.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely