Kilmarnock v Arbroath, 22.04.22

39 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Can't complain, started brilliant and got the goal and sat back (we all would).

Never at any point did Killie really threaten, yet at the same time thought Arbroath defended brilliantly and Gaston had been excellent.

Bang, a goal and then a struggle to get back in to it, and bang another goal to the deserved winners and well done Kilmarnock!

Arbroath - what a season. We could have won it, we had shitey spells of points dropped (at home too) the same time, they always seemed to bounce back with a unfanicied win here and there whilst Killie were stumbling around pished in the dark ballsing it up at the same time.

The playoffs will be tough, and you never know. Not too sound pessimist, but everything about this felt like a cup final today for Arbroath. Getting an extra few games off for them is a nice reward but potentially beating an SPFL team over two-legs, whilst doable feels like a bit of a mammoth task, tbh. This team has a spirit though and I'll never put anything past them.

Hugely gutted. Will probably never see that again, tbh, so there's an element of so close...but once that falls away in a few days, it's the playoffs, I put nothing past this team and to sound even more goon like, watch them play another cup final(s) in front of a packed-out Gayfield ; a three-digit away support ; more media exposure for not just the team, fans and club, but my home town that doesn't get too favorable press these days outwith the local Angus/Dundee area, IME. 

No matter what happens, I know fans of the club who have been through thick and think - luckily I did a bit of traveling/living abroad at this time - didn't experience much of the major lows ; apart from the Queens Park Div 3 playoff home loss in 07? And even that, was a bit of a cup final. To have gone from that, to the last 5-6 years is just unthinkable and brought some amazing highs. If it feels good for me (a bit-part fan) I can't imagine how it feels for the folks who have gone to every game for decades!

Havering enough, but Lichties, have a great night tonight. Killie fans, you too ; but Lichties mostly.

Great post and so much profound honesty, good luck in the play offs, you deserve it!

I've been following Arbroath  on tv here in England the last 2 years.

I was very disappointed tonight but being the top side in the play offs is a fantastic achievement. It's not over yet.

I was disappointed for Kilmarnock last year so I am pleased for them also. 

All the clubs in this league have been a pleasure to watch and a great advert for Scottish football.

6 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳 On tonight’s commentary team’s performance you have got to be kidding, right? 

Look Hucker....you and I know perfectly well that Bungling Boris hates the BBC .....Indy Scots hate the BBC.....So can we have......

See! I achieved what Bojo couldnt. D-I-S-T-R-A-C-T-I-O-N-.

6 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

No my style but tbh the Arbroath players first reaction to scoring was to run to the Killie fans and noise them up so I've very limited sympathy. f**k them.

Did they climb into the stands and scream in their face? If not then your comparison means absolutely nothing honestly.

Anyway, Killie fully deserved the win tonight and deserve the title overall.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

Look Hucker....you and I know perfectly well that Bungling Boris hates the BBC .....Indy Scots hate the BBC.....So can we have......

See! I achieved what Bojo couldnt. D-I-S-T-R-A-C-T-I-O-N-.

😳 Dear God……..   and this guy claims to support my team…….

2 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Who do Montrose fans want to win btw?

Personally speaking? If this had been any other part time team, be it an Alloa, East Fife, or even a Brechin side managed by the bunnet, I'd have been absolutely rooting for Killie to have shat it tonight. But because its them, I'll willingly hold my hands up and admit I don't have the magnanimity to back the fairytale (even if I begrudgingly respect it) so it's a feeling of relief just now. They could still get up of course, but I reckon/hope the manner of that defeat will have knocked too much stuffing out of them now.

That confirms it. You ARE kidding. [emoji15]

I am possibly viewing tonight through the lens of sportsounds love in with Campbell, the "fairytale" and just how fucking patronising the c***s are towards "wee" teams. How long the love would last if they beat the hu s or the ti s is anyones guess. (Id give it a week).

18 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

You lot suck up to Rangers. Singing their tunes. No doubt you will be wearing your half and half scarf when you play them.

Are those your own fi gers you type this nonsense with or are you breaking them in for another idiot? 

2 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:
11 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:
That confirms it. You ARE kidding. emoji15.png

I am possibly viewing tonight through the lens of sportsounds love in with Campbell, the "fairytale" and just how fucking patronising the c***s are towards "wee" teams. How long the love would last if they beat the hu s or the ti s is anyones guess. (Id give it a week).

Emm...yeh ok......well done.

Now kindly f**k off to where you will be promptly told YET AGAIN......GET DOON!!!!