Kilmarnock v Arbroath, 22.04.22

Can't complain, started brilliant and got the goal and sat back (we all would).

Never at any point did Killie really threaten, yet at the same time thought Arbroath defended brilliantly and Gaston had been excellent.

Bang, a goal and then a struggle to get back in to it, and bang another goal to the deserved winners and well done Kilmarnock!

Arbroath - what a season. We could have won it, we had shitey spells of points dropped (at home too) the same time, they always seemed to bounce back with a unfanicied win here and there whilst Killie were stumbling around pished in the dark ballsing it up at the same time.

The playoffs will be tough, and you never know. Not too sound pessimist, but everything about this felt like a cup final today for Arbroath. Getting an extra few games off for them is a nice reward but potentially beating an SPFL team over two-legs, whilst doable feels like a bit of a mammoth task, tbh. This team has a spirit though and I'll never put anything past them.

Hugely gutted. Will probably never see that again, tbh, so there's an element of so close...but once that falls away in a few days, it's the playoffs, I put nothing past this team and to sound even more goon like, watch them play another cup final(s) in front of a packed-out Gayfield ; a three-digit away support ; more media exposure for not just the team, fans and club, but my home town that doesn't get too favorable press these days outwith the local Angus/Dundee area, IME. 

No matter what happens, I know fans of the club who have been through thick and think - luckily I did a bit of traveling/living abroad at this time - didn't experience much of the major lows ; apart from the Queens Park Div 3 playoff home loss in 07? And even that, was a bit of a cup final. To have gone from that, to the last 5-6 years is just unthinkable and brought some amazing highs. If it feels good for me (a bit-part fan) I can't imagine how it feels for the folks who have gone to every game for decades!

Havering enough, but Lichties, have a great night tonight. Killie fans, you too ; but Lichties mostly.

Have to agree that the play-offs could be a step beyond Arbroath. Then again you look at Livi and they pulled it off. I honestly wouldn’t be too sad if Arbroath sent us down. We are a disgrace to the Premiership and I want to go to Cove away.

17 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Btw the grown men running on the pitch and getting right in the Arbroath players' faces must be the biggest VLs in Scottish football history.

Your team snuck a title win against a part time side and you're acting like that. I'd rather die in a ditch tbh.

I get what you are saying yet surely Chris Sutton ragin' at DUFC after scoring a worldie, yet still accusing them of not trying against players making 20x their wage has greatet VL energy than anything we have witnessed recently?

2 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Can't complain, started brilliant and got the goal and sat back (we all would).

Never at any point did Killie really threaten, yet at the same time thought Arbroath defended brilliantly and Gaston had been excellent.

Bang, a goal and then a struggle to get back in to it, and bang another goal to the deserved winners and well done Kilmarnock!

Arbroath - what a season. We could have won it, we had shitey spells of points dropped (at home too) the same time, they always seemed to bounce back with a unfanicied win here and there whilst Killie were stumbling around pished in the dark ballsing it up at the same time.

The playoffs will be tough, and you never know. Not too sound pessimist, but everything about this felt like a cup final today for Arbroath. Getting an extra few games off for them is a nice reward but potentially beating an SPFL team over two-legs, whilst doable feels like a bit of a mammoth task, tbh. This team has a spirit though and I'll never put anything past them.

Hugely gutted. Will probably never see that again, tbh, so there's an element of so close...but once that falls away in a few days, it's the playoffs, I put nothing past this team and to sound even more goon like, watch them play another cup final(s) in front of a packed-out Gayfield ; a three-digit away support ; more media exposure for not just the team, fans and club, but my home town that doesn't get too favorable press these days outwith the local Angus/Dundee area, IME. 

No matter what happens, I know fans of the club who have been through thick and think - luckily I did a bit of traveling/living abroad at this time - didn't experience much of the major lows ; apart from the Queens Park Div 3 playoff home loss in 07? And even that, was a bit of a cup final. To have gone from that, to the last 5-6 years is just unthinkable and brought some amazing highs. If it feels good for me (a bit-part fan) I can't imagine how it feels for the folks who have gone to every game for decades!

Havering enough, but Lichties, have a great night tonight. Killie fans, you too ; but Lichties mostly.

Kejan has no team......thats a wee shame.

statets

25 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Didn’t notice it in normal time but equaliser looks like should have been ruled out, shaw shoves Hamilton down before he heads it on goal. Looked a penalty at the end either but think Killie deserved the win over the 90 mins. Arbroath didn’t turn up second half at all. 

Neh not having that at all, there was the slightest contact but nothing more than what happens between every marker/attacker at every set-piece. He decided to take the easy option and collapse hoping to get the foul, if he'd just bothered to jump then the Killie player wouldn't have got the initial free header.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
20 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:
I think the way they played that second half will haunt Dick for quite a while. Just parked the bus instead of even trying for a 2nd goal.

I thought Arbroath looked fucked tbh. They maybe weren't but it's just how it looked to me. Doesn't bode well for their play-off hopes but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Yes, I thought they looked done as well.

They were just incapable at any stage in the second half, of holding the ball and killing any Kilmarnock momentum.

I think Gaston's injury (and the fact dear old Antell was the alternative) also played a part.  He should have held a cross just before the corner that led to the equaliser.  He also looked suspicious for the winner, even though it was a clever finish. 

Just before it, an Arbroath player also had time to bring the ball down and find a pass but instead nodded it aimlessly forward, losing possession.  It looked like exhaustion.

It's a shame.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Yes, I thought they looked done as well.
They were just incapableable at any stage in the second half, of holding the ball and killing any Kilmarnock momentum.
I think Gaston's injury (and the fact dear old Antell was the alternative) also played a part.  He should have held a cross just before the corner that led to the equaliser.  He also looked suspicious for the winner, even though it was a clever finish. 
Just before it, an Arbroath player also had time to bring the ball down and find a pass but instead nodded it aimlessly forward, losing possession.  It looked like exhaustion.
It's a shame.
Commented to the Mrs that there was no danger Gaston was being subbed purely down to who the sub keeper was [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Have to agree that the play-offs could be a step beyond Arbroath. Then again you look at Livi and they pulled it off. I honestly wouldn’t be too sad if Arbroath sent us down. We are a disgrace to the Premiership and I want to go to Cove away.

You are a good lad, jamma.

Doing that cup double is an amazing achievement, think if Arbroath did it tonight, would be right up there for us.

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Thought Arbroath part-time status eventually caught up with them as they had nothing in the 2nd half.

Killie deserved it in the end up but Arbroath certainly gave them a fright! 

......and dont tell me you WERENT relieved to see that 2nd Killie goal.

You know damn well we'd have been travelling to Gayfield needing 'something.

As it is ....we need to shaft the shnekkies. Simple.

'