Kilmarnock v Arbroath, 22.04.22

14 minutes ago, Lichtie360 said:

The top tier of the Chadwick had been selling steadily but I did notice that there's been a rush and guessed home fans had started buying tickets.  Can they not open the bottom tier for home fans?

Likely Arbroath tickets will become open seated and the stand can be segregated down the middle. 

The top tier of the Chadwick had been selling steadily but I did notice that there's been a rush and guessed home fans had started buying tickets.  Can they not open the bottom tier for home fans?
It's not actually 2 tiers though only 1. Would have to have split it horizontally for segregation.

55 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Seriously, apart from fans of the teams involved and a few neutrals who might be going with pals or have a passing interest in one of the teams or be football geeks/bloggers etc - who the feck in their right mind is going to voluntarily pay £20 for a ticket + travel expenses, food etc to intentionally spend a Friday evening in Kilmarnock, especially as the game is live on TV? This talk of shit-loads of neutrals is guff imo.

ps thanks Queen's that's us guaranteed second place.

I see your point here .but seeing killie tears at full-time is worth way more than £20 .

8 hours ago, Hammerafc said:
8 hours ago, Lichtie360 said:

It's not actually 2 tiers though only 1. Would have to have split it horizontally for segregation.

I was looking at the diagram on the ticket site.

11 hours ago, Hammerafc said:
11 hours ago, Lichtie360 said:

It has successfully been carried out previously against Dundee United and St Johnstone, the split would be vertical directly behind the goal, Arbroath would still have access to approximately 2,200 tickets, maybe even a few more. Killie fans probably would be sparsely sat at the other side of the segregation, as I’m sure there will be a mysterious appearance of  1,500 tickets for other areas . 

It has successfully been carried out previously against Dundee United and St Johnstone, the split would be vertical directly behind the goal, Arbroath would still have access to approximately 2,200 tickets, maybe even a few more. Killie fans probably would be sparsely sat at the other side of the segregation, as I’m sure there will be a mysterious appearance of  1,500 tickets for other areas . 
That's what I was meaning split left and right rather than top and bottom.

Purchased tickets when they went on sale, but have to say it's a bit of a shambles that they have taken them off sale on a temporary basis - this might actually cost them sales.

Biggest games in decades for both clubs and 3 days before the match customers can't buy tickets - wonder what went wrong there ?

How is everyone getting through to the match - bus, train or car ?

Leaning towards getting the train and feeling very good about this match.

C'mon the 'broath - we can do this.

They've been taken off sale because there wasn't a single ticket available to buy in the home end, so the actual decision to take them down isn't going to cost us a great deal.

The only question is whether the website has fucked up somewhere or whether the game actually has sold out for home fans. I suspect it might be the former.

39 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Purchased tickets when they went on sale, but have to say it's a bit of a shambles that they have taken them off sale on a temporary basis - this might actually cost them sales.

Biggest games in decades for both clubs and 3 days before the match customers can't buy tickets - wonder what went wrong there ?

Train service to killie from Glasgow central is good, take u are staying local afterwards ?

52 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Car for me........

Want home in time to go to the pub to celebrate the win (hopefully  🤣)

Edited by Windymillar

Seems strange that you can't buy online as I was thinking about going along.

Even with the loss of seats for the following:

offices behind the goal - 1,200
new disabled section - 250
legends lounge - 300
main stand red zone - 400
hospitality, comps etc - 500
bbc presenter gantry - 250
block 9 east stand - 200
away stand - 4,400

You're still looking at a home end capacity of around 10,500? Surely plenty of tickets left

ETA: Killie have sold 9,742 with around 800 tickets left so the above should be fairly accurate

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

What a shambles - folk on Arbroath’s Facebook commenting that they’re trying to buy tickets but can’t. Is there any sign of this resolving?

Only in Scottish fitba could a big game in a stadium that holds c15k-16k have issues that might see thousands unable to attend even though 33% of seats are empty.

1 hour ago, clashcityrocker said:

Live in Broughty Ferry. Best we can do is getting back to Dundee at 00.38. Also means quick out the ground for a train to Glasgow at 21.57. The next one at half ten gets in to Glasgow too late for that last train north. Going to crash with the wee man at my mum's hoose. And no, you can't. 

Kilmarock have just posted this on their web site:

We’ve stopped ticket sales after reaching capacity in our three home stands and we thank our fans for their fantastic support. Visting supporters will be situated in the Chadwick Stand and we’ve made arrangements with Arbroath to allow them to sell directly to their fans for the remainder of their allocation.

On Friday, the Ticket Office will be open (12 noon – 7.45pm) for collections only with no home or away fans sales.