Kilmarnock v Arbroath, 22.04.22

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah there’ll be some but there’ll be pressure on every game. Like Saturday past for example. You could say there was Big pressure to win that one and especially when we went 1-0 down but it’s a different thing for us, if we lost Saturday we’d all still be delighted with the season we’ve had and the position we would be in 

If roles reversed Killie would be fkn gutted to have to go into the play offs 

Lets forget the role reversal stuff for a moment. As stated a million times now, everybody knows what this means to Kilmarnock. 

There's no way that you'll all be delighted if you don't win the league or play offs with the prize so very close. No way at all. 

Your expectations of the season are much surpassed. Goals and objectives now adjusted. You'll be gutted if Arbroath lose on Friday night, cut out the Campbell kidology. 

1 minute ago, funky monkey said:

Lets forget the role reversal stuff for a moment. As stated a million times now, everybody knows what this means to Kilmarnock. 

There's no way that you'll all be delighted if you don't win the league or play offs with the prize so very close. No way at all. 

Your expectations of the season are much surpassed. Goals and objectives now adjusted. You'll be gutted if Arbroath lose on Friday night, cut out the Campbell kidology. 

Gutted on the night but delighted with the season overall..... not kidology it’s just pretty simple logic really

Said the exact same in the Run In thread about 3 weeks ago. All I wanted was for this day to mean something and to get a big day out and it now does

50 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Absolutely no chance you'd be saying this if they weren't playing Killie.

It's a free hit for Arbroath - nothing to lose and absolutely everything to gain.

Anyone who thinks that the players, management and directors ain't fully aware whats at stake financially, legacy wise and the added pressure that brings are kidding themselves on.

It sounds like you've bought into this spin of nothing to lose, plucky wee underdogs, anythings a bonus, hook line n sinker but that's all just bluster, mind games and deflection i.e to relieve pressure.

We'll all find out come Friday night, who can handle it best thou.... Bring it on.

Re your edit..... You'd be a fool to expect a comfortable Killie win on Friday night, we never do comfortable.

Edited by C4mmy31

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It is aye. If we don't go up, we'll probably be favourites again next season. This could be Arbroath's only chance in a generation.

I'd say whoever comes down will be the favourites next season tbh.

That's not to say you don't have a chance or you wouldn't win it, but if you can't win it when the competition is part-time Arbroath, then I wouldn't say you'd be deserved favourites ahead of any of the bottom 6 that could still go down in the top flight.

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gutted on the night but delighted with the season overall..... not kidology it’s just pretty simple logic really

Said the exact same in the Run In thread about 3 weeks ago. All I wanted was for this day to mean something and to get a big day out and it now does

You are quoting exactly what Dick Campbell said post match on Saturday though. 

In your position, with the prize (potentially of a lifetime) so close, you will be gutted for a lot longer than on the night. Nobody, apart from your own fans, will remember this season unless you perform the miracle and get over the line. 

As mentioned elsewhere, your players because of their exceptional efforts this season have created their own pressure. It's a once in a lifetime for them too. 

I'll be absolutely gutted if we don't win the league, but with the shitshow season that we've had and despite the budget, it is surprising that we find ourselves at the summit. In some ways, there will be little to celebrate if we do it, but plenty to fear looking at clubs like Falkirk and Thistle. 

Genuinely hope you enjoy your trip to the T of P, but not at the expense of a Killie victory. 

Edited by funky monkey

4 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

You are quoting exactly what Dick Campbell said post match on Saturday though. 

In your position, with the prize (potentially of a lifetime) so close, you will be gutted for a lot longer than on the night. Nobody, apart from your own fans, will remember this season unless you perform the miracle and get over the line. 

As mentioned elsewhere, your players because of their exceptional efforts this season have created their own pressure. It's a once in a lifetime for them too. 

I'll be absolutely gutted if we don't win the league, but with the shitshow season that we've had and despite the budget, it is surprising that we find ourselves at the summit. In some ways, there will be little to celebrate if we do it, but plenty to fear looking at clubs like Falkirk and Thistle. 

Genuinely hope you enjoy your trip to the T of P, but not at the expense of a Killie victory. 

Few mates saying to me what you’re saying but I personally don’t feel that way. Maybe because I always expect the worst and an usually very pessimistic when it comes to football with both Scotland and Arbroath. 

But yeah our bus leaves at 12. I’m at the Darts in Aberdeen the night before. So early train back and back on it early doors. Thursday and Friday will be fantastic and I cannot wait. 

Hope the Killie stadium DJ is back on fire again like he was in November 

I won’t lie, I will be disappointed if we don’t take something from the game, but then if you’d offered me this fixture, second last game of the season with all of this to play for I’d have bitten your hand off.

Most of us would fancy playing a team that we’ve taken 7 points from, have already beaten twice, won away, and haven’t even conceded a goal to in our position regardless of who it is. 

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Anyone who thinks that the players, management and directors ain't fully aware whats at stake financially, legacy wise and the added pressure that brings are kidding themselves on.

It sounds like you've bought into this spin of nothing to lose, plucky wee underdogs, anythings a bonus, hook line n sinker but that's all just bluster, mind games and deflection i.e to relieve pressure.

We'll all find out come Friday night, who can handle it best thou.... Bring it on.

Re your edit..... You'd be a fool to expect a comfortable Killie win on Friday night, we never do comfortable.

Rather than buying into spin from Dick Campbell, it's probably more a sign of me patronising Arbroath a little or inflating Killie tbh.

I believe an Arbroath title win may result in Kilmarnock FC joining Raith Rovers at the "wee team" table.

Ticket bought. With it being a Friday and us obviously not playing I just thought f**k it why not, and besides, it will temporarily take my mind off Saturday.

Looking forward to this one, let's hope Arbroath grab a late winner to bring the stand down. Come on Lichties, one last hurdle!

1 hour ago, lichtiemike said:

I won’t lie, I will be disappointed if we don’t take something from the game, but then if you’d offered me this fixture, second last game of the season with all of this to play for I’d have bitten your hand off.

Most of us would fancy playing a team that we’ve taken 7 points from, have already beaten twice, won away, and haven’t even conceded a goal to in our position regardless of who it is. 

A honest assessment. If I was an Arbroath supporter, I'd be thinking exactly this. 

3 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Can't get two tickets next to each other emoji22.png

The East and Frank Beattie appear sold out and the Moffat only has a handful left by the looks of things.

Not quite sure I understand how the ticketing is working for Killie fans. How can an 18k seat stadium with approx 9.4K tickets sold have sold out stands and no seats next to each other?

I understand there are almost 3k empty seats in our end at the moment but where are all the others? I note that the site I’m looking at has the capacity at just over 15k but even then that leaves around 3k available for home fans.

It has to be said, for a provincial town, we really do punch well above our weight for attendances. I realise that Friday’s crowd will be well above our usual, but Kilmarnock’s population is only twice that of Arbroath.  Fucking love our support. 

12 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Not quite sure I understand how the ticketing is working for Killie fans. How can an 18k seat stadium with approx 9.4K tickets sold have sold out stands and no seats next to each other?

I understand there are almost 3k empty seats in our end at the moment but where are all the others? I note that the site I’m looking at has the capacity at just over 15k but even then that leaves around 3k available for home fans.

As you rightly say, the ground capacity has been reduced considerably by our new “offices”, If you don’t know what I’m talking about you soon will when in RP, I believe the ground holds less than 16000 now.

There are several hundreds of seats available in the Frank Beattie Stand, but sadly TV, SPFL and loads of other wannabes will have access to them, probably won’t use them and everyone who fails to get a ticket will see all these empty’s on tv.

No doubt Dungcaster will have his arse on one of the best ones available. 

FFS, I had to buy a ticket for the away end.

@Lichties I hope you don’t have any mad casuals coming down with you.

Ive edited this just to make certain everyone knew I was joking about “mad casuals”.
it’s skin heads im worried about.

Edited by NFL12