Kilmarnock v Arbroath, 22.04.22

Cheers.
I probably could’ve worded that better tbf [emoji38] . For clarity, I appear to have bagged myself a half decent seat and wasn’t sure if it was a free for all once you got there, so I best get there early. 

Make sure you check you've not accidentally bought one really near the front - I find the seat map a wee bit confusing in that respect.

2 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Honestly, I've been blown away by how shite the league is. I'd never really paid it any mind, but with Hibs, Hearts, Rangers, United all in it in recent seasons it seemed to the outsider like the standard was decent. 

Then you come down and attend games and watch regular Championship football and it's just so shite. Grounds like Somerset that are basically a hovel, clubs like ICT that cannae even take card payments at their shitey pie stalls, Queen of the South where the terracing looks like it's no been used in 40 years and is about to fall to bits. 

The standard of football is shocking, and I include ourselves in that as we've been shite for almost all of the season. The teams below us are as bad or worse. I think we knock Scottish football, and by that I mean the Premiership, but once back up I won't ever do it down again. The standard, both in terms of the football being played and the facilities on offer, is night and day with this shite. 

No interest in staying in this league any longer. It's everything I feared and more.

Aye, it's a far better league if you never have to watch any of the games.

I think it's made 100 times worse by the fact clubs charge £20 to watch such an awful standard.

I think it's made 100 times worse by the fact clubs charge £20 to watch such an awful standard.

Yup

No chance you should have to pay anymore than £12-£15 to watch a game in this league and even then that’s being generous to the clubs. Issue is that match day income is so important to these clubs and they’re all trying to compete with each other. It’s shite that when clubs make it a game for a tenner that it’s treated as some great initiative when that’s closer to what the actual pricing should be.

17 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Well you know how to sort that. Don't pay the £20 -indeed nobody is forcing you to come to games. Just stay at hame, sign up to sky and watch the good old soulless  premiership where the league is between 2 teams in both countries!

I have been to  Arbroath twice this year and the atmosphere is tremendous, the humour and friendliness of the fans is refreshing, and the football is blood and thunder, and sometimes quality not great, but always exciting.

Something, remarkable may happen at Gayfield, and if the result goes the right way for Arbroath, on Friday, every TV company in the Uk will be on the story for the following week ….I will enjoy saying I witnessed that. But thats me….

Edited by Its not only a game

35 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yup

No chance you should have to pay anymore than £12-£15 to watch a game in this league and even then that’s being generous to the clubs. Issue is that match day income is so important to these clubs and they’re all trying to compete with each other. It’s shite that when clubs make it a game for a tenner that it’s treated as some great initiative when that’s closer to what the actual pricing should be.

Problem at this level is you don't have a big bulk of income from TV rights money, can't imagine the BBC will pay a fortune...

42 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Well you know how to sort that. Don't pay the £20 -indeed nobody is forcing you to come to games. Just stay at hame, sign up to sky and watch the good old soulless  premiership where the league is between 2 teams in both countries!

I have been to  Arbroath twice this year and the atmosphere is tremendous, the humour and friendliness of the fans is refreshing, and the football is blood and thunder, and sometimes quality not great, but always exciting.

Something, remarkable may happen at Gayfield, and if the result goes the right way for Arbroath, on Friday, every TV company in the Uk will be on the story for the following week ….I will enjoy saying I witnessed that. But thats me….

Wind yer neck in granddad.

I regularly pay to watch Championship football because my team plays at this level but many others are put off at the pricing. I've had friends interested in heading along and are appalled by how much it would cost.

You also wildly overestimate how much anyone outside of Scotland gives a f**k about Arbroath or any team not called Celtic or Rangers.

9 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Honestly, I've been blown away by how shite the league is. I'd never really paid it any mind, but with Hibs, Hearts, Rangers, United all in it in recent seasons it seemed to the outsider like the standard was decent. 

Then you come down and attend games and watch regular Championship football and it's just so shite. Grounds like Somerset that are basically a hovel, clubs like ICT that cannae even take card payments at their shitey pie stalls, Queen of the South where the terracing looks like it's no been used in 40 years and is about to fall to bits. 

The standard of football is shocking, and I include ourselves in that as we've been shite for almost all of the season. The teams below us are as bad or worse. I think we knock Scottish football, and by that I mean the Premiership, but once back up I won't ever do it down again. The standard, both in terms of the football being played and the facilities on offer, is night and day with this shite. 

No interest in staying in this league any longer. It's everything I feared and more.

Is it really any surprise that the facilities in lower league football is poor ? The premiership wrap up everything to try to protect themselves, from voting to finance.

That’s us shifted 1200 tickets already.

Still some absolute weirdo Kilmarnock fans insisting we’re a hybrid team.

Are they so thick that they don’t understand that the vast majority of part-time clubs in the entire Scottish pyramid has a number of full-time players on loan from other clubs.

If they’re adamant that Arbroath having 3 full-time players on loan makes us hybrid then so are Cowdenbeath, Annan, East Stirlingshire and Fort William.

Maybe spending so long in the Premier does this to you. I know fans of Premier clubs who know literally nothing about Scottish fitba outside of their wee bubble.

Edited by Tattie36

10 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

That’s us shifted 1200 tickets already.

Still some absolute weirdo Kilmarnock fans insisting we’re a hybrid team.

Are they so thick that they don’t understand that the vast majority of part-time clubs in the entire Scottish pyramid has a number of full-time players on loan from other clubs.

If they’re adamant that Arbroath having 3 full-time players on loan makes us hybrid then so are Cowdenbeath, Annan, East Stirlingshire and Fort William.

Maybe spending so long in the Premier does this to you. I know fans of Premier clubs who know literally nothing about Scottish fitba outside of their wee bubble.

You are a hybrid team. HTH. 

17 hours ago, Fide said:

One season of semi reasonable football and Arbroath fans are giving it the Billy big baws. What a tiresome lot. 

What's your problem? Arbroath fans giving it Billy big paws? Utter drivel.

Arbroath fans are just feeling good about how their team has done this season and for the the last five.

When was the last time you felt good about Killie? Maybe when you won the cup in the mid 1990s or was it way back in the mists of time when you won the old 1st Division in 1965? Or maybe you're not old enough to ever have enjoyed feeling good about your club.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie