Kilmarnock v Arbroath, 22.04.22

11 hours ago, Jack_Jarvis said:

Really?? They have 4,400 seats in the Chadwick.. seriously though they will be selling them in blocks in order for them to predict steward numbers, food etc. I would guess that an initial two blocks are about sold ( approx 480) 

Arbroath were allocated one section of the stand.

12 hours ago, Lichtie360 said:

Today was the best arbroath performance I've seen in a while, hopefully hitting form just at right time.  Arbroath have nearly sold out their allocation.  Should make for great tv 

How much is your allocation?

it’s a big stand behind the goals 

Would be phenomenal if Arbroath managed to win this. As big a moment as Leicester City winning the English League.

Edited by big al

I am genuinely delighted we have this day to look forward to.

This is genuinely the equivalent of a Scottish Cup Final for a club like ours. 

Never ever in my wildest dreams did I think we would have this opportunity in my lifetime and no matter what happens I’ll be happy because we’ve come such a long way as a club and fulfilled potential I always thought we had (to be a championship side and the best and biggest part time one) so I hope we don’t let ourselves down here on a massive stage. All footballing eyes in the country will be watching. 

We have a great group of experienced guys who will match anyone for commitment effort and work rate and I hope they relish this opportunity. 

Fucking keeeeeeman 

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I do think we will win this game, but it shouldn't have come to this. The budget we have and we're now at the mercy of a single bad performance or an early game-changing red card or something like that.

Or the opposition being better on the day

It’s amazing the difference this game appears to each club, for Arbroath the job is almost done, why would their board want to go up to the PL with all the additional costs it brings, their lot is a happy one and they have done themselves and their town proud.

Then we have Killie, the absolute disgrace of last season could actually bring the club to its knees, our Board made three ridiculous management decisions, allowed Alex Dyer to recruit lads from the lower leagues of the English amateur game hoping that they could raise their game. Killie are not Dundee United, Hearts and most certainly not The Rangers, but have spent more than they should have to get out of this league. It is imperative that Killie go up, for Killies sake.

Killies support have swelled the coffers all over the country this season, but TV decisions have been awful and almost to a stage where the club has been unfairly treated, additional costs for a hotel in Inverness twice, Arbroath twice, Kirkcaldy twice, all very difficult games away from home on Friday nights. So it may come to an ironic end on Friday that Killie are at home on a Friday, or does it roll onto the last day, which to be fair is the normal Killie route to promotion.

In my opinion, Arbroath need to leave Rugby Park with all three points as I think a Killie side going to Kirkcaldy knowing victory takes them up will make them very strong favourites. 
A few sherbets will be had before Fridays fayre, could be a nervy night. 

2 minutes ago, Jack_Jarvis said:

Killies support have swelled the coffers all over the country this season, but TV decisions have been awful and almost to a stage where the club has been unfairly treated, additional costs for a hotel in Inverness twice, Arbroath twice, Kirkcaldy twice, all very difficult games away from home on Friday nights.

Are you Rangers in disguise? 

11 minutes ago, Helpma said:

Are you Rangers in disguise? 

No, hardly. 
But do you think Killie have been treated fairly in the Friday  night games?

The comment about the gates is relevant in the fact that even financially we were to take a hit, fans and club.

As for Accies? Where do you see yourself, I thought you would have been one of the top four. 

8 minutes ago, Jack_Jarvis said:

As for Accies? Where do you see yourself, I thought you would have been one of the top four.

I thought we'd do well to avoid the playoffs and that had been the case. Season went as expected.

A club that spent 10 recent seasons in the top flight should be aiming for top 4 at least each season, but out club is an absolute shambles atm and, organisationally, are a million miles away from where we could be.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I thought we'd do well to avoid the playoffs and that had been the case. Season went as expected.

A club that spent 10 recent seasons in the top flight should be aiming for top 4 at least each season, but out club is an absolute shambles atm and, organisationally, are a million miles away from where we could be.

I always thought the youth system in place at NDP ( or whatever these days) would have produced a few to keep you up near the top, was the defeat to Arbroath the final nail for this season?