Kilmarnock v Arbroath, 22.04.22

The big yin. Potential league decider. Killie win and we've won the league.

Arbroath draw and it goes to the last game.

Arbroath win and we're relying on a slip up.

I'm well aware that fans of every other team in Scotland will be piling in here wishing the Lichties well, which I'd absolutely be doing in the same position! I really hope we win the league but they come up via the playoff...

Last night was always going to be a big banana skin for us as we have struggled vs the top half teams and not been great on the road. 

Got to stay optimistic and look at the fact that we've been putting in some great results at home lately, and put in our performance of the season in our last game at Rugby Park, where big Kyle seems to really come to life. 

As others have said, if we can't beat part-time Arbroath at home to win the Championship, we don't deserve to get out of the diddy league. 

I think Killie have to win this. You certainly wouldn't want to need a win at Raith on the final night to secure it.

Take it they'll have the trophy there just in case with it being Killie's final home game?

Mate and I have plans to head to this before going to Pars game following day. Just get the tickets on Killie website?

Looking forward to it!

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Unbelievable effort by the club to even get to this position, would have been gutted if this game didn’t mean anything. This weekend couldn’t have gone any better for an arbroath fan and the pressure is now firmly on killie, lets see what they’re made of!

56 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

The big yin. Potential league decider. Killie win and we've won the league.

Arbroath draw and it goes to the last game.

Arbroath win and we're relying on a slip up.

I'm well aware that fans of every other team in Scotland will be piling in here wishing the Lichties well, which I'd absolutely be doing in the same position! I really hope we win the league but they come up via the playoff...

Last night was always going to be a big banana skin for us as we have struggled vs the top half teams and not been great on the road. 

Got to stay optimistic and look at the fact that we've been putting in some great results at home lately, and put in our performance of the season in our last game at Rugby Park, where big Kyle seems to really come to life. 

As others have said, if we can't beat part-time Arbroath at home to win the Championship, we don't deserve to get out of the diddy league. 

Plucky wee killie.

40 minutes ago, Lichtie360 said:

Today was the best arbroath performance I've seen in a while, hopefully hitting form just at right time.  Arbroath have nearly sold out their allocation.  Should make for great tv 

Really?? They have 4,400 seats in the Chadwick.. seriously though they will be selling them in blocks in order for them to predict steward numbers, food etc. I would guess that an initial two blocks are about sold ( approx 480) 

29 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Dick Campbell said on radio he expected there to be about 1500-2000 Arbroath fans going down.

Honestly? Mind you old Dick has previously said he didn’t do any of the work with numbers in their business.

I hope they do bring a good crowd down though, purely because our club needs the money. 

Honestly? Mind you old Dick has previously said he didn’t do any of the work with numbers in their business.
I hope they do bring a good crowd down though, purely because our club needs the money. 
He did but as you say Dick probably isn't too good with numbers [emoji23]

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I do think we will win this game, but it shouldn't have come to this. The budget we have and we're now at the mercy of a single bad performance or an early game-changing red card or something like that.

Apart from the first statement you are 100% correct my friend. 

3 hours ago, Lichtie360 said:

Arbroath have nearly sold out their allocation.  Should make for great tv 

You've got the Chadwick Stand to yourselfs which holds double the number DC thinks you'll bring, sounds like they'll open more sections as they usually do if the demand is there.

Edited by C4mmy31