Thistle vs Pars

Looked it up and your record at Palmerston is indeed horrific - haven't won there since August 2002?!
Think it works out at 4 draws and 16 (SIXTEEN) defeats since then in the league.

Aye and I don’t even want to know how many of those 16 defeats have been absolute pumpings. Not confident at all but this is literally our best chance of breaking the hoodoo. If we can’t beat them now, when they’ll likely have absolutely nothing to play for then I don’t think we ever will.

On 16/04/2022 at 18:32, AlwaysAPar said:

Anyone else getting horrible 2012/13 flashbacks? Final 2 games we just had partick away followed by a home game against a relegated team to stay up. Kris Doolan equalised for partick in the 413th minute of stoppage time before we lost to airdrie, dragging us into the playoffs where Alloa relegated us. A huge result today for the pars but 8th is far far far from secured

This. I remember the journey back from this game saying we just had to beat already relegated Airdrie, Ryan Wallace could have scored 5 that day and I don't think he scored any. Was that the year we lost 3-1 up at Forfar then beat them 6-2 in a mental game at East End, think they got 2/3 men sent off.

14 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

This. I remember the journey back from this game saying we just had to beat already relegated Airdrie, Ryan Wallace could have scored 5 that day and I don't think he scored any. Was that the year we lost 3-1 up at Forfar then beat them 6-2 in a mental game at East End, think they got 2/3 men sent off.

Yup that’s the one. After the forfar chaos Jeffries insisted we needed to be tighter in the final and couldn’t afford to come back from 3 down again - right before we went and got pumped 3-0 off Alloa 

Aye and I don’t even want to know how many of those 16 defeats have been absolute pumpings. Not confident at all but this is literally our best chance of breaking the hoodoo. If we can’t beat them now, when they’ll likely have absolutely nothing to play for then I don’t think we ever will.

That’s quite a record considering it’s felt like there’s been a Queens vs Ayr game every 2-3 weeks for the last two decades.

Pars win and Queens-Ayr draw would be just lovely on Sat.

If we lose I'm not exactly sure what score we should be hoping for at Palmerston? You'd think Queens win but that leaves the door for 10th very much ajar.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Dunfermline win this one. We looked fairly solid at the back for most of the game v Raith the goal aside, but had nothing in attack. Harsh to say Graham is ‘done’ but he certainly not looked the same player since coming back from his health issues (I presume COVID), and the rest of our players don’t tend to score. Mark Tiffoney out the game or bank on him having an off day and we’ve got little to offer. 
Don’t really see what changes McCall will make for this, except maybe starting Kyle Turner. 

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Pars win and Queens-Ayr draw would be just lovely on Sat.

If we lose I'm not exactly sure what score we should be hoping for at Palmerston? You'd think Queens win but that leaves the door for 10th very much ajar.

If we beat Thistle, won't a Queens win guarantee us 8th? 

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

There'd still be a chance of a GD swing taking Ayr, and Queens above us on the final day.

However I still think it's the best set of results for us. 

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

There'd still be a chance of a GD swing taking Ayr, and Queens above us on the final day.

However I still think it's the best set of results for us. 

But we'd stay 6 ahead if both ourselves and Queens win on Saturday. 

Or am I having a nightmare?

Just now, Stellaboz said:

But we'd stay 6 ahead if both ourselves and Queens win on Saturday. 

Or am I having a nightmare?

Nope, I'm off my tits. For whatever reason I read it as if we got beat, no idea why. 

If we win and Ayr lose it would take a GD swing for us to finish 9th, even a draw on Saturday saves us from tenth. 

A win here would be doubly useful because on top of the 3 points it’d (hopefully - dependent on raith) mean that partick go into their final game vs Ayr needing a result and thus playing a full strength side in that game.

But surely so long as we don’t lose here we want Queens to beat Ayr? Queens can only catch us if we lose both games. 
If we do keep up our awful away form then it’s probably a draw we want there to take away the threat of 10th.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If we won heavily and Ayr lost heavily, then yeah. However, that's simply not going to happen. It will be a live issue on the final day.

I think I'd be content with both games ending in draws. Would eliminate any risk of 10th, while still leaving it in our own hands to finish 8th.

I imagine we will play a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 (attacking midfielder) and just hoof balls up to McCann for someone to play off it. There is no football going to get played on that mire at Firhill, so it's going to be a bit, erm, retro in terms of playing style.

4-4-2 makes the most sense if we are just going to bye-pass the midfield altogether tbh, which is what we should be doing. 

Stolarczyk

Todd
Ambrose
Donaldson (Martin if unfit)
Edwards

Lawless
Pybus
Polworth
Thomas

O'Hara
McCann

I actually like McCann in that role. He is a big nuisance and can bring others in to the game so long as there is someone beside him to pay off that. It was probably the main reason we won against Ayr last week. 

38 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Think Polworth might be lucky to keep his place in the team, was really poor on Saturday

Seen some folk banging on about him after the Raith game, but felt it was over-exaggerated praise. His other performances against ICT, Killie and Ayr on Saturday we're awful..

He so slow and lacking in energy, just like Chalmers. Fuk knows what we would do If Pybus was out. The midfield is a mess. The back four not much better when big Coll isn't playing well.