Thistle vs Pars

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Brian Graham looks pretty much done and hasn’t scored in about 15 games. We are toothless up front pretty much. Our only real chance of scoring is from set-pieces and McCall insists on keeping our best deliverer of them on the bench most games.

1 - 0 Dunfermline. 

If we hadn't fucked it yesterday I think Graham would have sat out the last two games, he's looked knackered since he came back from "illness" (covid) plus if rumours are true he's been carrying a back injury for a long time and playing with painkilling injections. Certainly a shadow of the player he was earlier in the season.

Edited by Fuctifano

3 hours ago, jagfox said:

Brian Graham looks pretty much done and hasn’t scored in about 15 games. We are toothless up front pretty much. Our only real chance of scoring is from set-pieces and McCall insists on keeping our best deliverer of them on the bench most games.

1 - 0 Dunfermline. 

The big man is knackered given the shifts he puts in …can’t even stretch his legs now for loose balls (no pun intended) .Our only hope is Sneddon playing a blinder and results elsewhere .

Edited by I Clavdivs

Thistle's season is over, we're humping and there's absolutely no way we're getting through the playoffs. 

Ordinarily I wouldn't be bothered if we missed out altogether - it would give the team longer to prepare for next year - but I'd prefer if the odious Sim and McGlynn at Rovers had their seasons ended too so on that basis I'll reluctantly accept Thistle scraping a win here followed by embarrassing ourselves against Inverness in the playoffs. 

I think we will probably do well to get a draw at Fir Hill and should have enough to beat Queens at home. 

Might be enough, might no. 

I'd probably punt Chalmers, replace with Cole. I assume we will go one up top, O Hara might be getting a bit leggy, wouldn't mind McCann coming in but either way is fine....maybe Todorov is on one? Obviously fire Ambrose into the Clyde, whether Donaldson is fit or not. *Sploosh*

That Ayr game was the last I will be going to this season, so wont be there and probably can't watch it.

We are even worse now than we were when you horsed us 4-1 a few weeks back. Graham looks done and we have no other strikers and  Tiffoney has 2/3 players on him in every game. Minimum the Pars will get is a draw going by that shitfest yesterday!! Personally I will go 2-0 for the Pars with Cole and Lawless grabbing the goals!

Edited by Sting777

Would be fairly shocked if Thistle or Rovers were even able to get past Caley tbh never mind clinch promotion.

It was like when we played the wee team last year; it was blatantly obvious that neither side were anywhere near good enough to go up.

There's a reason the side finishing 4th has failed to win a single tie since these play-offs started.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Would be fairly shocked if Thistle or Rovers were even able to get past Caley tbh never mind clinch promotion.

It was like when we played the wee team last year; it was blatantly obvious that neither side were anywhere near good enough to go up.

There's a reason the side finishing 4th has failed to win a single tie since these play-offs started.

Our record vs ICT isn’t bad but I tend to agree. On our run of form I am not sure we will even hold on to 4th never mind get past the 3rd/4th play off.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Our record vs ICT isn’t bad but I tend to agree. On our run of form I am not sure we will even hold on to 4th never mind get past the 3rd/4th play off.

Other than a slight dip in prize money, it's unlikely to mean much.

I can't see us winning three games in a row so we're either dropping points here or against Queens next week. Given we have a decent home record and we seem to be able to get results even when we play shite, I'm going for a 0-0 or a 1-0 Thistle win. Got to hope you then don't rest players for the play offs the following week v Ayr.

32 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I can't see us winning three games in a row so we're either dropping points here or against Queens next week. Given we have a decent home record and we seem to be able to get results even when we play shite, I'm going for a 0-0 or a 1-0 Thistle win. Got to hope you then don't rest players for the play offs the following week v Ayr.

See absolutely no reason why we can't win three in a row tbh, especially when we may well need to.

We're still mince but so is everyone else in the league.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

See absolutely no reason why we can't win three in a row tbh, especially when we may well need to.

We're still mince but so is everyone else in the league.

I do. Our away form is utterly abysmal. We've defeated AJ's Queens this year and I think that's it. Thr rest of our away form going back to that win at Inverness is just as fucking brutal I think.

26 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I do. Our away form is utterly abysmal. We've defeated AJ's Queens this year and I think that's it. Thr rest of our away form going back to that win at Inverness is just as fucking brutal I think.

We don't have to win a bunch of away games though; we just need to win one.

We actually have the 5th best home record in the league now.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

I reckon you could afford to just win one of your next two games anyway. I really cannot see us winning our next two games when you consider we haven’t won at Palmerston for about a hundred years and we haven’t won a game at home since the start of January.

On 17/04/2022 at 17:18, Stoo61 said:

I think we will probably do well to get a draw at Fir Hill and should have enough to beat Queens at home. 

Might be enough, might no. 

I'd probably punt Chalmers, replace with Cole. I assume we will go one up top, O Hara might be getting a bit leggy, wouldn't mind McCann coming in but either way is fine....maybe Todorov is on one? Obviously fire Ambrose into the Clyde, whether Donaldson is fit or not. *Sploosh*

That Ayr game was the last I will be going to this season, so wont be there and probably can't watch it.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I reckon you could afford to just win one of your next two games anyway. I really cannot see us winning our next two games when you consider we haven’t won at Palmerston for about a hundred years and we haven’t won a game at home since the start of January.

Looked it up and your record at Palmerston is indeed horrific - haven't won there since August 2002?!

Think it works out at 4 draws and 16 (SIXTEEN) defeats since then in the league.