Thistle vs Pars

After somehow seeing off Ayr today, another big game in Glasgow next weekend.

Thistle need a win to confirm a Top 4 finish, while Pars will probably need to win to remain ahead of Ayr, who will likely beat an already relegated Queens.

Not expecting a classic and our away form is chronic but we've got to step up and get the victory.

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

After somehow seeing off Ayr today, another big game in Glasgow next weekend.

Thistle need a win to confirm a Top 4 finish, while Pars will probably need to win to remain ahead of Ayr, who will likely beat an already relegated Queens.

Not expecting a classic and our away form is chronic but we've got to step up and get the victory.

Big changes required at Firhill in terms of attitude and selection for us to stop you getting the points. Not hopeful at all. We are dugmeat

Anyone else getting horrible 2012/13 flashbacks? Final 2 games we just had partick away followed by a home game against a relegated team to stay up. Kris Doolan equalised for partick in the 413th minute of stoppage time before we lost to airdrie, dragging us into the playoffs where Alloa relegated us. A huge result today for the pars but 8th is far far far from secured

1 minute ago, AlwaysAPar said:

Anyone else getting horrible 2012/13 flashbacks? Final 2 games we just had partick away followed by a home game against a relegated team to stay up. Kris Doolan equalised for partick in the 413th minute of stoppage time before we lost to airdrie, dragging us into the playoffs where Alloa relegated us. A huge result today for the pars but 8th is far far far from secured

We were outstanding at Firhill that day and should have won comfortably. Still annoys me.

I'd still have Ayr as favourites for 8th by a small margin. Maybe we just both win our remaining games and dump Morton in at the last second...

24 minutes ago, AlwaysAPar said:

That game was a very good laugh.

Wouldn’t worry about that though, we’re pretty shite just now and I wouldn’t be remotely surprised to lose this game. 

It was Stevie Lawless who scored the equaliser that day. The difference between that team and the current one is night and day, and while the pitch will keep it low scoring I'm pretty confident the home tally will be nil so just depends whether Dunfermline can nick one like Raith did today. 

I'd honestly go 352 with Graham and Tiffoney through the middle and just play for long balls and flick ons, if we're punting long like today might as well have Tiffoney in the middle rather than out wide.

Graham back for thistle makes this a completely different prospect, desperately hope Donaldson somehow makes it to handle that threat, offensively I’d bring McCann in, there’s no way we are passing our way through thistle on a difficult pitch, switch things up and go long .

Edited by parsforlife

56 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

What's the away capacity in that shitey main stand bit?

Roughly 2k.

Dunfermline will probably win this one. They need it more than us and we seem to have downed tools since about December.

It would be good to see an exodus to show their support, but I’m getting flashbacks to 2013 right enough. Although Partick are no great shakes, the pitch turns the game in to a bit of a lottery, and having Graham and Tiffony will cause major problems if they are both at it.

What does Yogi do for this one? For me, he has to make some changes tbh. That performance was totally unacceptable, and it took subs to bail us out and a bit of fortune.

If our tactics are what they were yesterday (essentially hoofball) then we need to play McCann instead of O’Hara. I think McCann has done enough to get back in to the team but we need to change the tactics a bit to suit him. He is a big nuisance and will get us up the park if we are hoofing it, but he needs someone to play off that. Not entirely sure what Yogi does tbh but I think McCann will definitely come in and possibly drop Chalmers for someone with a bit more flair (probably Cole) and perhaps just go for it? Hopefully that was Dom’s one stinking performance out the road and is back to ripping it up next week as well.

Brian Graham looks pretty much done and hasn’t scored in about 15 games. We are toothless up front pretty much. Our only real chance of scoring is from set-pieces and McCall insists on keeping our best deliverer of them on the bench most games.

1 - 0 Dunfermline.