Queens V Caley

You could tell that Queens were the side with something to play for whereas we looked to be in holiday mode already (or at least resting before the playoffs mode). That annoys me as I'd like to see us try and build some momentum going into the playoff games. Clearly we don't have the strength and depth to rotate any great number of players, The likes of Hardy and Samuels don't really show enough to warrant them being played ahead of Mckay if we ever need to get anything from a game. 

Queens were rarely troubled save for the goal and a wonderful Chalmers strike that sailed just wide of the post in the second half. They could and should have scored more if Cameron could finish a chance. He must have passed up about 2 maybe 3 great chances to score but the big pudding fluffed every single one of them.

Hard to pick out too many good points from the game so I'll go for meeting Ruairi ("nutrition is a load of shite") Paton and Euan East in McDonalds after the game. We didn't really recognise them so when one of my pals asked "Who are you?" East replied with "I'm the guy that scored the winner against you lot tonight" which I thought was a decent retort :lol:

Didn’t see more than a few glimpses of this match due to streaming problems but clearly the result was extremely well received. It makes Saturday a huge game for both clubs.

Credit to the players for re-grouping after Saturdays second half horror show. With Cameron and Junior I keep thinking that one of them has to score sometime- it is not as though their general play is that poor - but I have never seen a pair of strikers who keep finding new ways to avoid scoring. Cameron at least looks like he might score eventually but Junior just never seems to gamble or anticipate where the ball might go in the box. Neither of them can strike the ball properly - even when a great chance emerges they consistently mis-hit the shot at the crucial time.

Surely Connelly through the middle with Cameron is the obvious choice. Ruben might do a job out wide, drawing fouls, holding the ball up etc as we don’t have too many other options with Fitzpatrick still out.

Didn’t see more than a few glimpses of this match due to streaming problems but clearly the result was extremely well received. It makes Saturday a huge game for both clubs.
Credit to the players for re-grouping after Saturdays second half horror show. With Cameron and Junior I keep thinking that one of them has to score sometime- it is not as though their general play is that poor - but I have never seen a pair of strikers who keep finding new ways to avoid scoring. Cameron at least looks like he might score eventually but Junior just never seems to gamble or anticipate where the ball might go in the box. Neither of them can strike the ball properly - even when a great chance emerges they consistently mis-hit the shot at the crucial time.
Surely Connelly through the middle with Cameron is the obvious choice. Ruben might do a job out wide, drawing fouls, holding the ball up etc as we don’t have too many other options with Fitzpatrick still out.

Regards to Ruben, it’s a no from me

6 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

That is spot in about Cameron and Junior neither looks like they have goals in them. 

Perfect example the chances at the end the defender should get nowhere near clearing the ball off the line and Cameron he is finding more ways to miss easy chances you would think they would work on that at training .

Connelly is wasted out wide we are wide open down the right side when we don't have the ball .

1 hour ago, RiG said:

You could tell that Queens were the side with something to play for whereas we looked to be in holiday mode already (or at least resting before the playoffs mode). That annoys me as I'd like to see us try and build some momentum going into the playoff games. Clearly we don't have the strength and depth to rotate any great number of players, The likes of Hardy and Samuels don't really show enough to warrant them being played ahead of Mckay if we ever need to get anything from a game. 

Queens were rarely troubled save for the goal and a wonderful Chalmers strike that sailed just wide of the post in the second half. They could and should have scored more if Cameron could finish a chance. He must have passed up about 2 maybe 3 great chances to score but the big pudding fluffed every single one of them.

Hard to pick out too many good points from the game so I'll go for meeting Ruairi ("nutrition is a load of shite") Paton and Euan East in McDonalds after the game. We didn't really recognise them so when one of my pals asked "Who are you?" East replied with "I'm the guy that scored the winner against you lot tonight" which I thought was a decent retort :lol:

Straight to McDonald's after a game is peak tin pot Scottish football :lol:.

Is Queen's sport scientist called Ronald?

Guest Flash
29 minutes ago, 101 said:

I wonder if the diet of burgers, chips and cola helps explain Queens record of scoring 3 goals in the last 15 minutes of games and conceding 17 (seventeen).

27 minutes ago, 101 said:

The way our seasons gone I think a few go to McD's before games too. (I'm specifically looking at you Innes Cameron) 

3 hours ago, Flash said:

I wonder if the diet of burgers, chips and cola helps explain Queens record of scoring 3 goals in the last 15 minutes of games and conceding 17 (seventeen).

Certainly doesn't seem particularly professional to be on the burgers as recovery scran