Queens V Caley

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I have a bad feeling about this. 2-0 QOTS.

I can empathise with your nervousness, but it has to be tempered by:

(1) - Queens have no credible threat up front (and if we can score, we certainly won't score two)

(2) - Our "defence" continually leaks woefully cheap goals

(3) - ICT have a superior squad

(4) - Queens are undeniably the poorest team in the league

(5) - Queens home form is dreadful

(6) - Queens have already chucked it for the season

Cigars out and relax ...

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, RiG said:

Lee Connolly will surely score against us as he has done in every game between the two sides this season.

Aye, it is weird he has scored 3 in 3 v ICT and 4 in 24 v everybody else (2 v Dunfermline, 1 v Ayr and 1 v  Raith).
His last goal was v ICT on 15 January. He’s only played 7 league games since then.

He might want to show up first. The guy has clearly checked out.
Assume he's likely to be leaving you guys? Wouldn't mind us taking a look but suspect he might be quite inconsistent?

3 minutes ago, RiG said:
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
He might want to show up first. The guy has clearly checked out.

Assume he's likely to be leaving you guys? Wouldn't mind us taking a look but suspect he might be quite inconsistent?

Yep, totally inconsistent, avoid at all costs ..... pssst, Lee, ssssh, just sign here on this line right here, eh ... no, it's ok Mr Dodds ain't watching.

He's been pretty reliable all season tbh. It's very harsh to put the boot in but he's been nowhere near his usual self since coming back from injury. He may well know we're fucked and it's not worth him busting a gut in case he gets injured and scuppers a chance of a move. But if I had a gun to my head I'd say that's exactly what he's doing. Can't blame him either tbh.

He'll be at a Championship club at the very least next season. I'll take a punt on Dunfermline.

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's been pretty reliable all season tbh. It's very harsh to put the boot in but he's been nowhere near his usual self since coming back from injury. He may well know we're fucked and it's not worth him busting a gut in case he gets injured and scuppers a chance of a move. But if I had a gun to my head I'd say that's exactly what he's doing. Can't blame him either tbh.

He'll be at a Championship club at the very least next season. I'll take a punt on Dunfermline.

Wullie is doing a AJ with Connelly playing him in the wrong position .

He best position is just behind the forwards not wide right.

Will easily get a Championship club next season .

I thought he was on loan from Sunderland.  Didn't realise he had signed.  I was under the impression he would be signing for Blyth Spartans or someone.

19 minutes ago, Mbuyi Mutombo said:

We should make up for not having the 2nd place and playing one less play off by just playing all the youngsters now up until the play offs no? like there’s no difference between 3rd place and 4th so might aswell rest and recover 

It's not true that there is no difference.

3rd place, rather than 4th, gives a home game in the second leg of the tie which could be a distinct advantage.

9 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

It's not true that there is no difference.

3rd place, rather than 4th, gives a home game in the second leg of the tie which could be a distinct advantage.

Yeah I hear what your saying tbf 👍 but just like in the context that obviously it’s 6 legs regardless. We are a match for anyone when we are on it as seen against killie. tbh whenever we are on tv we do good 😂, but yeah I genuinely believe we can atleast make the final against st Johnstone. Need to sort out the defence tho 

We should make up for not having the 2nd place and playing one less play off by just playing all the youngsters now up until the play offs no? like there’s no difference between 3rd place and 4th so might aswell rest and recover 

You could play your youngsters and I still wouldn't fancy our chances against ICT at Palmerston.

1 hour ago, Mbuyi Mutombo said:

Seeing as the 3rd placed side has beaten the 4th placed side 7 times out of 7 since this format was introduced, it would seem like there is a considerable difference.

That's without taking into account the increased prize money.

What would be the retail price per single game licence for the Queen of the South streaming service?

It has come to my attention that, in terms of this season and service providers, value for money has been variable and this has prompted widespread boycotting. My great friend Sandy has given clear voice to this most regrettable circumstance.

I ask on behalf of a friend and Sandys everywhere.