The Binos v Elgin City

Next up at Forthbank we face Elgin City, who surprisingly find themselves in 9th spot in the League. Can we get all 3 points from this match after a good result last week at Champions Kelty lets hope so. 

Prediction Binos 2 Elgin 0 

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

If City lose this and Cowdenbeath win, City are in real trouble.

Think Elgin should be safe even if they lose to the Binos, need 1 point from their remaining games to be safe. 

Cowdenbeath at home and then away to Stranraer?

Should City lose and Cowden win, they (Cowdenbeath) would be going into the match at Borough Briggs on the back of 2 wins as opposed to City's 2 losses. Or 2 wins and 3 draws from the last 5 for Cowdenbeath compared to City's 2 draws 1 win and 2 defeats.

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Cowdenbeath at home and then away to Stranraer?

Should City lose and Cowden win, they (Cowdenbeath) would be going into the match at Borough Briggs on the back of 2 wins as opposed to City's 2 losses. Or 2 wins and 3 draws from the last 5 for Cowdenbeath compared to City's 2 draws 1 win and 2 defeats.

We play Edinburgh at home then away to Elgin, then finish at home to Albion Rovers.

We need 9 points from that lot while Elgin need just a point, more chance of City getting a point than us getting nine.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

We play Edinburgh at home then away to Elgin, then finish at home to Albion Rovers.

We need 9 points from that lot while Elgin need just a point, more chance of City getting a point than us getting nine.

I certainly hope you're right - not that I particularly wish any harm on Cowdenbeath - but I am filled with trepidation.

20 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I agree it’s not comfortable but Cowdenbeath are the ones in real trouble.

I'm too long in the tooth (as are you, going by your user name!) not to have seen these scenarios unfold before...

On 15/04/2022 at 15:44, Jacksgranda said:

I certainly hope you're right - not that I particularly wish any harm on Cowdenbeath - but I am filled with trepidation.

All that fretting for nothing.  :) :)

Well what can you say about this match. From an Albion prospective not a lot we rarely caused Elgin any problems in front of goal, created not a lot and deserved nothing and that’s what we got nothing. 
Elgin will be happy with the win, they took the limited number of chances they had well and deserved the points. 
Sooner this season is over the better. 

Edited by rhliston

Can only assume that the Stirling players were told some weeks ago that their services will not be required next season as we had yet another bizarre line up, questionable tactics and a spineless capitulation against an equally poor Elgin side 

I'm not sure why we have Dylan Paterson on loan if we're not playing him.  He looks quite lively on the few occasions he's on the pitch and I'm pretty sure would have pressurised a tiring and quite immobile Elgin defence. 

I'm also perplexed by the constant selection of Akeel Francis.  I dont like singling out individuals for criticism but in Akeels case I need to make an exception especially as it must surely be inconceivable that he will be here next season.  He just looks completely out of his depth even at this lowliest of levels.  Surely the manager must see that he's simply not capable of playing at league 2 level.  He was hooked at half time and within about 5 minutes mackin - the substitute - did more than Akeel managed in the entire first half.  Don't we have someone in the under 20s worthy of a run out in the last few meaningless games of the season? 

I have major misgivings about Darren Young. I know this is not his team but from what I've seen so far his ability to turn round a poorly performing team is questionable.  I really hope I am proved wrong 

44 minutes ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

I have major misgivings about Darren Young. I know this is not his team but from what I've seen so far his ability to turn round a poorly performing team is questionable.  I really hope I am proved wrong 

You are not the only one questioning if this guy has the balls for the job - many supporters, including me, were saying the same thing after the game.

The Albion performance was absolutely putrid such as to merit the repayment of entrance fees at the gate - otherwise the Chairman and his colleagues might leave themselves liable to a charge of obtaining money under false pretences.

Only Hancock and Currie emerged with any credit - the remainder were masquerading as footballers who ought not to be with the club next season.

Well done to Elgin.  On effort, attitude and some skill you justifiably took the points.  I hope that Mr Brown apologises to Donald Findlay this evening for the Binos lack of effort to at least give Cowdenbeath a fighting chance of avoiding the dreaded play-off.

Based on today's display, Edinburgh City will be assured of 3 points when they visit in two weeks time.  Albion Rovers will be licking their lips at the prospect of a similar outcome for them in a week's time.

Another gash performance is painful and I don't expect anybody to be pleased about it.  It does demonstrate to Darren that most of his squad are incapable of consistent performances and the extent to which a rebuild is needed.  Rather that, than being conned into signing too many of them back on. That's hardly a positive, but right now knowing the scale of your problems is a crucial step to sorting them out.

44 minutes ago, Red Watch said:

You are not the only one questioning if this guy has the balls for the job - many supporters, including me, were saying the same thing after the game.

The Albion performance was absolutely putrid such as to merit the repayment of entrance fees at the gate - otherwise the Chairman and his colleagues might leave themselves liable to a charge of obtaining money under false pretences

Well considering his CV, got Albion Rovers promoted and did a decent job at East Fife in League 1, I hope the answers YES.  Lets hope DY can assemble a squad during the summer to finally get us out of this Basement League and stay out. 

1 hour ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

Can only assume that the Stirling players were told some weeks ago that their services will not be required next season as we had yet another bizarre line up, questionable tactics and a spineless capitulation against an equally poor Elgin side 

Lets hope DY can show us next season that he is capable of getting together a squad that gets us out of this League. He has done it in the past with Albion Rovers taking them to League 1, then moved to East Fife and did a decent job their.