Not quite safe Bloo Toon v Play offs and cruising QP

Will be interesting to see how many changes OC makes to Queen's as he thinks about his team for the playoffs. I'd probably have Grant and Murray in for starters, both of whom I'd see as guys we'll be relying on.

Peterhead is always a good trip ruined by the game. Bobby Mann, Rory McAllister etc etc must have loved it when we visited. Certain goals from them, irrespective of how they played.

3PTs last week would have made this more comfortable but it was not to be so need to get back to our best. Not sure if Queens will want to get involved in a battle but we need to get stuck in. Cannot afford to give them an early lead as we have done a couple times this season. At this time of the season you can find some strange results with teams thinking of play=offs

18 hours ago, peternapper said:

3PTs last week would have made this more comfortable but it was not to be so need to get back to our best. Not sure if Queens will want to get involved in a battle but we need to get stuck in. Cannot afford to give them an early lead as we have done a couple times this season. At this time of the season you can find some strange results with teams thinking of play=offs

Getting involved in battles hasn’t really been our style.

We've only had two wins at Peterhead since they entered the SFL in 2000. Would just be like us to get a third when it doesn't really matter. Our last trip up produced one of our worst 45 minutes of the season. However we bossed the game last month at Firhill and should have won by more. 

Hopefully Coyle will freshen things up and use the last three league games to get some players more match fit for the play offs. 

See you in Stonehaven.

On 14/04/2022 at 14:19, Mick1867 said:

We've only had two wins at Peterhead since they entered the SFL in 2000. Would just be like us to get a third when it doesn't really matter. Our last trip up produced one of our worst 45 minutes of the season. However we bossed the game last month at Firhill and should have won by more. 

Hopefully Coyle will freshen things up and use the last three league games to get some players more match fit for the play offs. 

See you in Stonehaven.

Please make it happen anyway, just to keep things interesting.

Not that I was able to see much thanks to half the streaming screen being blurred out but that really was a dreadful performance from us once again away at Peterhead.

Pathetic defending at the start of both halves and barely any positive passages of play. Shitebag stuff again to be honest. Makes the pre match noise about “momentum” all the more laughable.

Exactly why most of this team should be binned at the end of the season irrespective of what division we end up in. Didn’t watch it but by all accounts the team didn’t try a leg all game. Their capability to simply not be bothered in numerous games has happened once too often this season. 

Again not starting Quitongo ? Instead we play Ronan Darcy who has looked absolutely woeful in his loan spell minus a pearler against Alloa 

Only pleasing aspect was Murray being back on the scoresheet again 

I did watch it, or as much as possible with the pathetic live coverage. At one point the camera seemed to be following the seagulls!

We were dreadful and Peterhead wanted the win more than us, won far too many second balls and deserved the win.

I agree with "qpfc" that a major turn round of playing staff required no matter which division we end up in.

10 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Did anyone really think that this game would produce an all guns blazing performance?. 

Peterhead had to win to be sure of their position next season and that was their motivation. 

Surprised that there wasn't more tinkering with the team to be honest. 

I get that end of season games tend to not have the same intensity which is natural but it’s the body of work across the season that adds to the frustration of today. The players pick and choose when they’re up for games. We were right up for it against cove and then the following 2 weeks have been woeful

We’re in the playoffs but if it weren’t for a catastrophic and embarrassing Falkirk, a lot more scrutiny would placed over this squad. Even an unremarkable Falkirk side would have reached the play offs over us. 

I don’t think the ability of the squad has been the primary issue, it’s just a pretty hopeless and frail mentality across a large number of players that you wouldn’t see in the cove or airdrie team 

Edited by qpfc

39 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Did anyone really think that this game would produce an all guns blazing performance?. 

Peterhead had to win to be sure of their position next season and that was their motivation. 

Surprised that there wasn't more tinkering with the team to be honest. 

There’s a middle ground between “all guns blazing” and the crap on show today 

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

There’s a middle ground between “all guns blazing” and the crap on show today 

Fair enough. I'll be first in the queue to slate the team if there is anything less than an all guns blazing performance in the play offs. 

In the meantime 'keep the faith'. 

We were rotten. As I said a few weeks ago, major clear out required. 

Although Coyle hasn’t officially taken over yet, I’m glad that he’s here just now to see how poor some of these players are rather than giving them a pre season to make up his mind.