Methilated Spirit v Rennie’s No Spirit

A game of complete nothingness for FFC, but I fully expect “the importance of finishing 5th as a confidence booster for next season” guff to be expressed at some point.

Last chance saloon for EF with little chance of a miraculous escape. So, if it’s only pride being played for, EF might pick up at least a draw.

A FFC loss, and it’s damn near a certainty that we are on our way to 6th place.

33 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

A game of complete nothingness for FFC, but I fully expect “the importance of finishing 5th as a confidence booster for next season” guff to be expressed at some point.

Last chance saloon for EF with little chance of a miraculous escape. So, if it’s only pride being played for, EF might pick up at least a draw.

No we are hopeless, truly hopeless.

We have the worst team in the league and the worst stadium  in the league and fear we have many years in the wilderness in league 2- we have no chance in hell of survival and the supporter apathy around the club is frightening !-  we will lose rather than you win.

Think some of this apathy  may resonate with Falkirk fans albeit you are a bigger club. Interestingly, speaking to the players at EF we do not have the worst pitch in the league. That honour lies with Falkirk( due to age!) . That is some badge of honour considering our pitch , Alloa and even Dumbarton!

I did notice Watson out for 9 months re training accident, that boy from Hull not allowed back as surface hindering his back(?), and Dowds after 6 months on the grass injury free  at Arbroath is injured once back at Falkirk. Is your pitch contributing to injuries? How much does it cost to replace the surface and I imagine this will have a serious dent in your player budget next season.

Not that it matters to us EF supporters as we are in the mighty league 2 next year.

9 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

we will lose rather than you win.

This is genuinely the only reason/way we’ve been able to win for 2-3 years. For that reason, I think we’ll win this game. An utterly depressing spectacle. 

11 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

We have the worst team in the league and the worst stadium  in the league and fear we have many years in the wilderness in league 2- we have no chance in hell of survival and the supporter apathy around the club is frightening !-  we will lose rather than you win.

Dumbarton hold that tag for me and as for stadium, is there a good one in the league ?

We have beaten you 3 times this season and in each game you probably deserved minimum a point.

I'm guessing we will have Kabia out so a front pairing of Morrison who isn't a striker and an ex Scotland international (they repeat that to make it sound great) who can't run or strike a ball with venom anymore.

A midfield of Alloa's greatest ever midfielder, Telfer, if you are lucky Nesbitt an A.nother.

The defence speaks for itself 6 clean sheets all season, Rennie managed to get 3 of them(let's keep him for next season 😃😃)

I have zero interest in any of our remaining games and was pleased Queens Park got that play off place wrapped up.  I might even check East Fife odds for a single bet which is a poor show at any point but I believe at worst you will get a draw on Saturday

12 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Think some of this apathy  may resonate with Falkirk fans albeit you are a bigger club. Interestingly, speaking to the players at EF we do not have the worst pitch in the league. That honour lies with Falkirk( due to age!) . That is some badge of honour considering our pitch , Alloa and even Dumbarton!

I did notice Watson out for 9 months re training accident, that boy from Hull not allowed back as surface hindering his back(?), and Dowds after 6 months on the grass injury free  at Arbroath is injured once back at Falkirk. Is your pitch contributing to injuries? How much does it cost to replace the surface and I imagine this will have a serious dent in your player budget next season.

Not that it matters to us EF supporters as we are in the mighty league 2 next year.

In all honesty I can’t ever remember so many injuries in a season as East Fife have had do you think when your at the bottom and not winning games players go on the injured list much easier. Biggest contribution probably playing and training on plastic. Why the hell we ever ripped up our grass pitch it was a fantastic surface. I know money bla bla but it’s a poor substitute for a food grass pitch. To the game both teams form pretty dire but with our inability to score a goal, and make our usual defensive calamity you think Falkirk will edge it one or two nil. 

This game should be branded, The Battle of Who Could Care Less

After matching Falkirk for 3 games so far & getting nothing, the law of averages would suggest if we play like that again, we are capable of getting 3 points this time - everyone else seems capable of getting results against them. Sadly, we given ourselves too much to do, along with Dumbarton picking up points. To stay up via the play offs, we'd need to win at least 5 of the next 7 games, we've won only 5 all season. 

When the inevitable happens, I hope we don't see players sitting down gutted, it won't be this game that has relegated us, but the shit served up over the last 33 that's done the damage. 

Anyway, I'm jumping ship, got a last minute holiday to Tenerife, so won't be there. Part time supporter! 

20 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If not this week, surely the following?

8 hours ago, fifer67 said:

In all honesty I can’t ever remember so many injuries in a season as East Fife have had do you think when your at the bottom and not winning games players go on the injured list much easier. Biggest contribution probably playing and training on plastic. Why the hell we ever ripped up our grass pitch it was a fantastic surface. I know money bla bla but it’s a poor substitute for a food grass pitch. To the game both teams form pretty dire but with our inability to score a goal, and make our usual defensive calamity you think Falkirk will edge it one or two nil. 

You haven’t been following our results too closely. In our recent games Airdrie, Peterhead, Montrose and Cove, we have conceded 10 goals (thank goodness for Rennie’s defenders), and we have scored 1. That 1 goal was against Airdrie, so we haven’t scored in the last three games. Three of those games were at home btw. We tend to be a bit more defensive on the road.

21 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

It possibly is but Dowds was still training with us even when he was on loan at Arbroath.

Pitch needs replaced regardless.

Hopefully, MR won’t let EF know that Jaze and Dowds and Watson are all crocked. Hopefully EF will plan on them being in our starting line up. Boy, that will scupper any plans they had.

Jamie Wilson for a starting berth anyone?

14 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Hopefully, MR won’t let EF know that Jaze and Dowds and Watson are all crocked. Hopefully EF will plan on them being in our starting line up. Boy, that will scupper any plans they had.

Jamie Wilson for a starting berth anyone?

Release the Wilsonator I say! 

Going to be bold here. I reckon with the pressure off the players and with the despondent mood of EF fans, we'll manage to get a couple of wins against Falkirk/P'head completely out of the blue, and Dumbarton will lose their next two against Cove/Airdrie before the decisive last game of the season. Let's have it!

1 hour ago, monthefife said:

Going to be bold here. I reckon with the pressure off the players and with the despondent mood of EF fans, we'll manage to get a couple of wins against Falkirk/P'head completely out of the blue, and Dumbarton will lose their next two against Cove/Airdrie before the decisive last game of the season. Let's have it!

Genuinely wish you all the best with that. Couldn't care less about our fortunes over the last 3 games. 

3 hours ago, monthefife said:

Quite possible, but can we really rely on Clyde beating Dumbarton on the last day?