Clyde v Mo

3 points for us and anything other than a win for Dumbarton we are safe. A draw may almost be enough should Dumbarton loose due to our slightly better (albeit still pish) goal difference.

Montrose already long booked their place in the playoffs but likely want to keep momentum going into them. Definitely one of the best teams I've seen us against this season and ran riot earlier this season at Broadwood.

Can probably scud us again without getting out of 2nd gear against our jobbers. 

Lennon should be getting the players right up for this so I can see Lennon inexplicably picking Jones again for yet another one of his disasterclasses up top cementing his name in Clyde folklore as the worst player and laziest player in a Clyde shirt.

For us in the last 5 league games it's 1 win and 4 defeats.

GF = 3 

GA = 9 

Also worth noting we haven't even scored in the last 3. 

Get safety assured then bin this entire squad.

If Splaine is fit, and God knows if he will be as we're never told anything about injuries, then I wish Lennon would go with this team.

McAllister has been decent in midfield but every Dumbarton fan said he's definitely a right back and Cuddihy isn't a good out-and-out defender so let's get McAllister back to his proper position.

Elsdon has been rotten lately and we've missed Docherty's experience.

There was no point in signing Samuel if we weren't going to play him so give him a game, through the middle, and hope he and Jamieson can do something.

The only subs allowed should be Ally Love (coming in through the middle if we need an attacker, or out wide if we're defending a lead), and Billy Mortimer (very late in the game when Cuddihy or Gomis will have tired). 

No Tade or Jones as they haven't offered anything in weeks.

Montrose would still be clear favourites but at least this line up might give us a chance.

Screenshot_20220412-093638_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I can't disagree with the above team except inverting Cuddihy and McAllister, as that worked well at Links Park. Would possibly make an exception if Cunningham was to reappear.

I'd not even have Jones on the bench.

C'mon lovely Montrose, you've had another fine season and you could join yer old pals Arbroath in L1. Why risk any of your better players picking up a needless injury in what is a dead rubber for you? 

Now is the time to give these hard working boys a rest and give some of your under 16s a wee run out.  If you do insist on playing your better players against us, can I recommend haggis suppers all round, washed down by a right few pints of Guinness ahead of the kick off.

Yours in sport

Bully Wee Clyde FC

XxX

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC

49 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

C'mon lovely Montrose, you've had another fine season and you could join yer old pals Arbroath in L1. Why risk any of your better players picking up a needless injury in what is a dead rubber for you? 

Now is the time to give these hard working boys a rest and give some of your under 16s a wee run out.  If you do insist on playing your better players against us, can I recommend haggis suppers all round, washed down by a right few pints of Guinness ahead of the kick off.

Yours in sport

Bully Wee Clyde FC

XxX

Clyde 1-3 Montrose U17

2nil Monty in a stroll..

Need Airdrie and Cove to do us favours, Sadly Cant see Dumbarton losing both as Airdrie probably know their 2nd best (Not my opinion) and Cove will be in Party mood in 2weeks time...

One eye on their result and whos likely to finish 4th in league below the attraction of the day

Roll on "yet another" clear oot. Fed up saying that to be honest more often than not past 35-40years H&A

Yer Mithers Pride

We've had a load of injuries and suspensions recently and not really playing that well. We've kept our third place position not because we've been in great form but more because everyone else around us have been gash. Hopefully we use our remaining games to get those injured back to full fitness and rest those who've slogged out the season. We haven't quite secured third place yet. Big game against QP will determine that. Not sure who would be best in the play offs, a confident, flying Airdrie or a struggling Pars. Could be a strange line up for us on Saturday.

55 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Suspect SP will tinker with the lineup on Saturday to protect those nearing suspension and those with any little niggles.  I don’t think it will be wholesale though as we need to get into some kind of form sooner rather than later. 

IMO, in our last two games we have been more like our early season form. In saying that, Falkirk are rank rotten and with the way Airdrie played last week, with the title still achievable, they were susceptible to the counter attack, unlike the majority of teams visiting LP this season, who have sat in and then we have struggled to get beyond their last line of defence.

Can only hope Montrose are holding back a bit until the play offs come, even then might not make a difference. 

Get Jamieson up top, at least he can stretch the game and get in behind. Moving people like him to accommodate Jones hasn’t worked all season. 

Docherty at left back and move Livingstone on into midfield. 

Hopefully airdrie do us a favour beating Dumbarton as well. 

With only one centre half I'd be tempted to go three at the back, you probably could with that personnel. Totally uninspiring seeing Nicoll and Love in there as well. Samuel must be rubbish in training.

The sooner this season is done the better.