Cove vs Alloa

Could this be a title crowning day? Unlikely it must be said and I fully expect the title race to at least go to next weekend or even the final game.

Alloa have turned a corner under Brian Rice and have become harder to beat. 1 defeat in 5, that being one of the most bizarre finishes to a match since the Dumbarton vs Airdrie encounter early in the season.

Cove will welcome being at home after a run of 4 successive away fixtures which we've managed to get through undefeated.

Mitch should return to the starting lineup, however, Rory who has 5 in his last 3 against Alloa might miss out after going off after 10 minutes at TFS. He was wearing a boot and using crutch after the game so not looking promising. It could mean Fyvie plays alongside Mitch but that was a disaster at the Recs. Hopefully we give Ola a start as Leighton or Leitch aren't close to good enough.

Harry Milne is looking a class above and improving each month. A lot of our good play will undoubtedly come through him on the left side.

Expecting a tough game like the previous encounter. Ticket prices reduced and with the Dons not playing the crowd could be more substantial than usual 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Looking forward to this game. Thought we were unlucky in our last meeting with Cove and the first half in that game was probably the best we have played all season.  Cove have been grinding out results in past weeks, however I think when you are eventually crowned champions, it will be well deserved. I guess our aim now is to finish in the lofty heights of 5th, which certainly seemed unobtainable a couple of months back. Hopefully MacIver starts. 

53 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

A lot will depend on Henderson on Saturday. If he turns up to just west the jersey, he should be benched to allow Cawley to start.

Should get something from this if we aren't as wasteful in front of goal.

Cawley always looks lively and capable of making something happen. Henderson, I was hugely impressed with the first few games but seems to have tailed off a bit and work-rate is questionable. How do you see his career panning out? Out of contract in the summer right? I wonder if Hearts will give him more time or if he'll move on and if so would he get a gig in the Championship or L1

Edited by CoveRangers1922

6 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

£10 rather than £14. The reduction will pay for the first 5 miles! 

£5 for concessions I think.

I reckon 3 1/2 lt , extra 20 mile  mibbe 🙂

How is the parking situation at balmoral stadium ? best place , free ?

Edited by Vegetableman

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cawley always looks lively and capable of making something happen. Henderson, I was hugely impressed with the first few games but seems to have tailed off a bit and work-rate is questionable. How do you see his career panning out? Out of contract in the summer right? I wonder if Hearts will give him more time or if he'll move on and if so would he get a gig in the Championship or L1

He got another year at Hearts just before he came back out on loan. As it stands he has a lot of work to do if he wants to make it at that level. I'd definitely bench him for this week, hasn't brought nearly enough to the team in recent weeks. 

I was quietly confident that we could upset Cove here but our level has dropped a bit the last couple of games. I'm hoping that now we're pretty much safe the team will have a go at Cove, an approach that worked well in the last game. 

8 minutes ago, Waspie said:

He got another year at Hearts just before he came back out on loan. As it stands he has a lot of work to do if he wants to make it at that level. I'd definitely bench him for this week, hasn't brought nearly enough to the team in recent weeks. 

I was quietly confident that we could upset Cove here but our level has dropped a bit the last couple of games. I'm hoping that now we're pretty much safe the team will have a go at Cove, an approach that worked well in the last game. 

It'll be a big year for him certainly, he'll need to excel to get a further contract with Hearts I'd imagine or else he'll be hunting for a new club. Undoubtedly got talent, searing pace and can finish.

Alloa definitely safe in my opinion. Expecting a competitive game. The first half at the Recs Alloa came out hot and we looked as poor positionally and defensively as I've seen us all season but a big part was down to the home side looking impressive. I'm expecting a bit more composure on the ball this time, tracking runners and tighter all round in defence.

12 hours ago, Waspie said:

Its definitely something the manager needs to think about. I still think hes our most dangerous threat in the final third- but when hes not scoring (and he hasnt been prolific recently) questions do tend to be asked of him. I like the setup of the front 3 with Henderson and MacIver either side of Sammon, but in that setup we do need him to do a bit more. The suggested replacement of Cawley inevitably puts a lot more craft in there. Boyd also frustrated me a bit last week. Has ability, and definitely contributes to the team positively- just gives the ball away a bit too much for me. I want to love him as a player, but its just that wee Achilles heel of losing possession too often.

Id be tempted to stick with Henderson for the potential threat, but could completely understand if he was benched and introduced later in the game. Also think we may play with a bit more of a solid shape this Saturday, so Henderson may make way for the likes of Sena or even Riley-Snow.

I'd like to see Boyd in that role with Sammon and MacIver if that's the shape we go with. The best football I've seen from us under Rice (in fact the best I've seen all season apart from the ten minute Trouts cameo against Celtic) was the first half against Cove with Sammon and Boyd up top and linking with Scougall. Henderson should be able to do it very well but doesn't. 

I'd definitely like to see Sena come into midfield. Playing so many attacking players can certainly be entertaining but it can leave us very vulnerable in the middle of the park. Robertson and Sena together would be a good shout in this game IMO. 

On 12/04/2022 at 21:06, CoveRangers1922 said:

£10 rather than £14. The reduction will pay for the first 5 miles! 

£5 for concessions I think.

There would be no chance of a reduction in entry price at Alloa. Money grabbing so and sos would still be charging £18!!!

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

3 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

There would be no chance of a reduction in entry price at Alloa. Money grabbing so and sos would still be charging £18!!!

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I was going to mention you as a for a possible appearance with the ticket price reduction, and here you are 

C'mon the linlithgow rose .  🤣🤣

7 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Oaft, he's back! You will be unbearable if you can negotiate the 2 big games. 🥱🥱