Airdrie -vs- Sons - Now or Never

1 hour ago, Sons Fan said:

That’s weird as all the directors and hangers on (me) were in a box today and not in the stand…

It would be a beyond bizarre and random thing to make up. It is highly likely he has done this. It will doubtlessly be written off as an entitled, arrogant old puffed up chest guy venting, however, he should be careful as this is exactly the type of thing that could snowball quite easily.

8 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

It would be a beyond bizarre and random thing to make up. It is highly likely he has done this. It will doubtlessly be written off as an entitled, arrogant old puffed up chest guy venting, however, he should be careful as this is exactly the type of thing that could snowball quite easily.

I totally agree, if someone decided to take something like that further he could quite easily land the club in a bit of bother.

5 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

A 25 point deduction for Cove Rangers seems like the only fair solution. 

15 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It obviously looks worse when it's slowed right down. But I can absolutely see why that's a red. I'll sound the @pleslie99 claxon though.

screenshot-www.airdriefc.com-2022.04.17-11_15_26.png

Had a chance to look at highlights. Can see why the ref deems it a red, the way he goes in has swung it for the ref I think.

On our pen shout for handball, ref got it correct from what u can see on highlights, not for me. Wouldve been a harsh one. The Airdrie one earlier in game though! we were fortunate for that not to be given against us, looked a much stronger shout

On 16/04/2022 at 16:57, Diamond1924 said:

From every fan and player of Airdrieonians FC… GET IT RIGHT UP YE DUMBARTON and chicken nugget heed Paul Paton 😂

Pates is a great guy and an excellent footballer for this level,You wouldn't be saying that if our board hadn't have offered him a pay as you play deal!!

8 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Had a chance to look at highlights. Can see why the ref deems it a red, the way he goes in has swung it for the ref I think.

On our pen shout for handball, ref got it correct from what u can see on highlights, not for me. Wouldve been a harsh one. The Airdrie one earlier in game though! we were fortunate for that not to be given against us, looked a much stronger shout

I think the ref explained it as a stamp, which I believe Airdrie do not agree with at all.

Having said that, our coverage ain't 44 angles as per sky so any appeal would be fruitless, i think.

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

I think the ref explained it as a stamp, which I believe Airdrie do not agree with at all.

Having said that, our coverage ain't 44 angles as per sky so any appeal would be fruitless, i think.

Yeah, decent coverage to be fair and does the job for the fans. Hard to see certain incidents especially as the red card challenge was at the other side of the field. Same goes for our handball shout. Replay isn't conclusive and from watching it on highlights I'd tend to side with the refs decision.

Think you'd struggle with an appeal based on that coverage but I'm not sure on the whole appeals process and what other evidence Airdrie may have at their disposal.

13 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Yeah, decent coverage to be fair and does the job for the fans. Hard to see certain incidents especially as the red card challenge was at the other side of the field. Same goes for our handball shout. Replay isn't conclusive and from watching it on highlights I'd tend to side with the refs decision.

Think you'd struggle with an appeal based on that coverage but I'm not sure on the whole appeals process and what other evidence Airdrie may have at their disposal.

Not sure if the club will appeal though,  not that they agree with the refs decision, it will give Frizz a couple of weeks to recharge before the playoffs,   Frizz has been great really every game this season,  what happened to him at Dumbar ton,  whenever I saw him as couple of seasons he seemed shackled, was th at the result of Duffball....

3 hours ago, Passionate said:

Not sure if the club will appeal though,  not that they agree with the refs decision, it will give Frizz a couple of weeks to recharge before the playoffs,   Frizz has been great really every game this season,  what happened to him at Dumbar ton,  whenever I saw him as couple of seasons he seemed shackled, was th at the result of Duffball....

Dumbarton is a sort of footballing Bermuda triangle where the likes of Frizzell and Easton become incapable of kicking their arse, where goalkeepers lose the ability to kick the ball competently, where Joe McKee frequently disappears from view, where Sam Muir completely disappears from view, where mysterious force fields prevent central defenders from picking up Russell McLean at corners, where strikers like Rory Loy and Kristoffer Syvertsen develop season-long injury problems and a place where you are never more than 68 minutes away from a penalty award to the visiting team.

I hope that answers your question.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Dumbarton is a sort of footballing Bermuda triangle where the likes of Frizzell and Easton become incapable of kicking their arse, where goalkeepers lose the ability to kick the ball competently, where Joe McKee frequently disappears from view, where Sam Muir completely disappears from view, where mysterious force fields prevent central defenders from picking up Russell McLean at corners, where strikers like Rory Loy and Kristoffer Syvertsen develop season-long injury problems and a place where you are never more than 68 minutes away from a penalty award to the visiting team.

The fact that you got Eoghan Stokes to score a goal is quite the achievement though.

17 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I agree with most of them... but was Syvertson not already known for being injured when he signed, rather than developing the problem at Sons?

I think it is unreal the amount of underachievers we have had since the beginning of our demise a few short years ago...

Edited by squeezebox-son

15 hours ago, David Fernández said:

The fact that you got Eoghan Stokes to score a goal is quite the achievement though.

What are you on about Eoghan Stokes is a misunderstood maverick footballing genius. The fact his career hasn't netted him a 100k a week premierships deal is nothing to do with his godlike ability and is all down to the bad people/coaches/other players at these tinpot clubs who are lucky to have his mere presence.

© Eoghan Stokes 2022