Airdrie -vs- Sons - Now or Never

Todays result didn’t matter with Clyde Peterhead winning and at end of day there is a mass of points between airdrie and us so fans dreaming of a win today should be surprised.

whsrs annoying us we only played when we were behind. We will no doubt read about our comeback spirit etc 

We 100% deserve to be where we are. When other teams needed a result they got it (just like today). Whereas,  we have come up short time and time again in very important matches. East Fife (away) twice and last week (every game vs Peterhead really!) spring to mind straight away.

Edited by squeezebox-son

The joy of watching that big boabie Eric Phillips at the final whistle.  He would be a first rate mascot with all that banter. He seriously should be concentrating on being one of the coaching staff rather than being pre-occupied with trying to wind up opposing fans. 

Slightly bizarre reaction from a couple of Airdrie fans for no apparent reason.

I actually fancy Airdrie to do well in the playoffs, defensively you look quite vurnerable but going forward you can be electric. Dylan Easton is a great player at this level and in Ian Murray you have a superb gaffer who is a winner through and through. He’s my all time favourite Dumbarton gaffer along with many other Sons fans so with the added Prunty and Agnew factor I’d imagine most Sons fans will be rooting for you.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

1 minute ago, Roger Thornhill said:

The joy of watching that big boabie Eric Phillips at the final whistle.  He would be a first rate mascot with all that banter. He seriously should be concentrating on being one of the coaching staff rather than being pre-occupied with trying to wind up opposing fans. 

The man is a total balloon and isn’t fit to be an employee of an SPFL club. His Twitter is an absolute cringe.

44 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

From every fan and player of Airdrieonians FC… GET IT RIGHT UP YE DUMBARTON and chicken nugget heed Paul Paton 😂

18 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

GIRFUY Dumbarton FC, their players and especially their management team. 

That's not a very nice way to speak to a team you need to do you a favour next week.

14 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That's not a very nice way to speak to a team you need to do you a favour next week.

Not got much hope for a favour from a team that couldn't win in a 12v10 scenario. 

In all seriousness we've had enough favours and not made them count. Play offs it is

28 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Slightly bizarre reaction from a couple of Airdrie fans for no apparent reason.

I actually fancy Airdrie to do well in the playoffs, defensively you look quite vurnerable but going forward you can be electric. Dylan Easton is a great player at this level and in Ian Murray you have a superb gaffer who is a winner through and through. He’s my all time favourite Dumbarton gaffer along with many other Sons fans so with the added Prunty and Agnew factor I’d imagine most Sons fans will be rooting for you.

Ah I don’t know… maybe your coaching staff trying to wind up opposing fans? Maybe getting a last minute winner? Maybe securing a stuffy team relegation playoffs? 

8 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Ah I don’t know… maybe your coaching staff trying to wind up opposing fans? Maybe getting a last minute winner? Maybe securing a stuffy team relegation playoffs? 

What? The fucking embarassment of a goalkeeping coach? I think you’d be hard pushed to find a single Sons fan who wants absolute amateurs like him anywhere near the club. How Rangers have trusted us with one of their young goalkeepers is beyond me. His Twitter handle is ericphillips69 for f**k sake. The man is a total clown.

I have no idea what a stuffy team is but I’d always have considered that a team that is hard to break down. We have conceded (ironically) 69 goals this season - more than any other team in the division. We are pretty much the least stuffy team in the history of football.