Kilmarnock v Super Caley- Friday night football.

Carson made all the difference when he came on.

In the first half we spent too much time by players trying to hold the ball and then lose it to aggressive defending, Killie meanwhile immediately passed the ball as soon as they received it and made no effort to run with it then we had to chase the game, we only put a game together when we did as they did by passing constantly.

Great atmosphere tonight but the sudden silence from the Killie fans when we drew was deafening.

Got to pass this on- my wife was queuing at one of Marks' tills this morning, in front was a Killie fan who was telling his mate that,' We're a legend, easy score seven the night', I can only assume the conversation was of a boastful sexual nature and definitely not football.

57 minutes ago, Fide said:

Agreed. Dodds outthought McInnes there. We were, once again, dugshite on a Friday night. The only solace is we don’t tend to carry performances, good or bad, into the next match. McInnes needs to manage games a whole lot better. Ah well, keMceps it interesting. 

MCINNES  =  worried  / shittin it  😂

14 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The blame for that capitulation lies squarely at McInnes door.

They were pressing and we were sitting in way before they equalised while he stands by watching, they get a lift, we panic, sit in deeper and they go on to score the winner just as he's finally decided to stick on Glass for McGinn to try and push us up the park.

It was a big gripe with Aberdeen fans how often he got his subs wrong, tonight, on this ocassion, they've been proved right.

Have you just got that....

The blame for that capitulation lies squarely at McInnes door.
They were pressing and we were sitting in way before they equalised while he stands by watching, they get a lift, we panic, sit in deeper and they go on to score the winner just as he's finally decided to stick on Glass for McGinn to try and push us up the park.
It was a big gripe with Aberdeen fans how often he got his subs wrong, tonight, on this ocassion, they've been proved right.

Our subs are more or less all shite too, don't think a change would necessarily have helped much.

On 12/04/2022 at 11:03, SandyCromarty said:

The main difference between the two teams is that Killie have a long term experienced manager, and we have...............................................................................................................

50 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Thousands upon thousands of sodden pillows tomorrow morning.

Yours?

My sorrow that you won't have the chance to once again traduce our management has fairly taken the shine off a memorable game and well deserved victory.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Embarrassing stuff from Killie. Should have been the simplest title win ever and they're going to end up crawling over the line as the worst champions in ages.

Behave yerself, that's a myth of rival fans.

There were the odd, meant in every sense of the word btw, Killie fan who had this thought but TW quickly knocked that out their heads.

Even thou McInnes. Lafferty & Taylor arrived, with the mess McInnes was left to sort out,  it was always destined to go to the wire.

But if that's whit floats yer boat, batter on.

Edited by C4mmy31

18 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Behave yerself, that's a myth of rival fans.

There were the odd, meant in every sense of the word btw, Killie fan who had this thought but TW quickly knocked that out their heads.

Even thou McInnes. Lafferty & Taylor arrived, with the mess McInnes was left to sort out,  it was always destined to go to the wire.

But if that's whit floats yer boat, batter on.

Oh yes, you had the major challenge of a part-time Arbroath side, who after beating you in Feb, went on to win 2 of their next 9 league games.

Kilmarnock FC - truly fighting against the odds.

9 hours ago, sophia said:

Yours?

My sorrow that you won't have the chance to once again traduce our management has fairly taken the shine off a memorable game and well deserved victory.

As I have said in the past, 'one swallow doth not a summer make'.

A good victory last night and I honestly applaud it, well done to the team.

But, I look at the season overall, and as many will agree, we should have done better, only a few wins in that long run of draws and defeats would have seen us challenging easily for the title, so that's when we lost the race and ended up scrambling for a play off place.

On the back of our recent performances Dodds and Co will, no doubt, be offered next season and again we will struggle.

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As I have said in the past, 'one swallow doth not a summer make'.

A good victory last night and I honestly applaud it, well done to the team.

But, I look at the season overall, and as many will agree, we should have done better, only a few wins in that long run of draws and defeats would have seen us challenging easily for the title, so that's when we lost the race and ended up scrambling for a play off place.

On the back of our recent performances Dodds and Co will, no doubt, be offered next season and again we will struggle.

That's a squalid and parsimonious take, even for you.

It bears repeating, that for various reasons, not one of our creative players were able to contribute effectively over that difficult period of time.