Kilmarnock v Super Caley- Friday night football.

Thanks for the advice. I can understand you hoping we have a shite time. The nice lady who sold me out tickets was a bit more like Sandy. Even said at the end that she hoped we enjoyed the game [emoji23]. Looking forward to the trip, the occasion, the food ( we've booked a couple of restaurants- Nar and Prime) and fingers crossed we are at least no worse off by the time Arbroath v Queens is finished. That would mean a point against Arbroath next week would see us as champions. 
Nar is banging, enjoy!

Edited to be a bit more helpful, me and a pal had the mixed grill for 2 which was a delicious stack of meat and if you have a sweet tooth the baklava is amazing. It's like freebasing sugar.

12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I thought after our loss to Partick a few weeks back that we looked really poorly coached, disorganised and without a clear idea of what we wanted players to do. Tonight was the polar opposite - while Killie had the best of early exchanges we were really solid defensively and started to do well on the counter. The goal was obviously poor defending by Broadfoot but the response from the players and management was perfect - I think in these circumstances the temptation can be to just keep going, we were playing well.  Carson changed our midfield to be much more positive and Doran also did well. I was impressed with Chalmers, great pace and direct, and took his goal very well.

Does make you wonder how we’d be doing if we hadn’t completely chucked it for nearly a third of the season. 

Couldn't agree more.

8 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

I half-agree with you Cammy if that makes sense.

We scored, and after that sat back and waited for counters that never really came.

But - in the manager's defence - the goals we conceded where down to shambolic defending, the very thing that plagues us last season.

That's the players fault. They're either not good enough, or not IN IT enough. Which is it?

You only scored thanks to Broadfoot heading the ball back into the box.

2 hours ago, sophia said:

That's a squalid and parsimonious take, even for you.

It bears repeating, that for various reasons, not one of our creative players were able to contribute effectively over that difficult period of time.

Could there have been the slightest possibility that all of the teams we played in that eleven game winless run of ours had important players out with injuries???

Of course they did.

There is no possible excuse I would entertain for that disastrous failure of a run.

21 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Could there have been the slightest possibility that all of the teams we played in that eleven game winless run of ours had important players out with injuries???

Of course they did.

There is no possible excuse I would entertain for that disastrous failure of a run.

Face facts Sandy, you've joined with the mob on a nowhere road.

It's time to lay down your pitchfork, perhaps also your ego, and throw your wholehearted support behind our team

7 hours ago, sophia said:

Face facts Sandy, you've joined with the mob on a nowhere road.

It's time to lay down your pitchfork, perhaps also your ego, and throw your wholehearted support behind our team

You need to face facts to Sophia. It was obvious that the system we were playing, with two wide men, wasn't working but Dodds didn't change the system. He changes it against Arbroath and we win and are still undefeated since we made the change. Now if only the manager had made the change sooner... 

2 minutes ago, Huisdean50 said:

You need to face facts to Sophia. It was obvious that the system we were playing, with two wide men, wasn't working but Dodds didn't change the system. He changes it against Arbroath and we win and are still undefeated since we made the change. Now if only the manager had made the change sooner... 

Seemed to work ok for the first quarter.

Have you nothing to say on what happened after that with form, injury and debauchery?

Also, unless I'm mistaken, there were wide players deployed last night and it was exhilarating.

Even if your premise is to be accepted, should a new starter not be afforded some latitude?