Kilmarnock v Super Caley- Friday night football.

3 minutes ago, Fide said:

To be fair, last season’s team was pretty shite.

Whilst I came into this season thinking we should, and probably would get promoted, at no point did I think it would ever be anything like a one horse race. We’ve never been streets ahead of the likes of Partick, ICT, Raith etc. Plus you always have your surprises, which this season has been Arbroath’s plucky hybrid squad. 

Here we go again with plucky.

It's the word used by sports journo hacks to describe a St Kilda type team in the Scottish Cup.

Arbroath in the games we played them could never be described as plucky fer fecks sake., determined and hard working is more to the point.

But if it eases yer worry and nervousness over them......................................................................................................................................................

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Like Sandy says it will depend on the age of the wee man. I'd certainly allow for about 30 minutes walk from the town centre anyway. If you do walk the Longman Road / Henderson Drive option is probably the best as it avoids crossing the A9 but that adds a wee bit of time onto your journey as you'll be walking away from the stand you will be in. The ICT Supporters Club on Greig Street runs a bus to the game and straight back after for about £4 IIRC. A taxi will be probably something like £5 or £6 each way and you can get them on Academy Street by The Filling Station restaurant.  

Unlike Sandy however I hope you have a shite time :lol:

Thanks for the advice. I can understand you hoping we have a shite time. The nice lady who sold me out tickets was a bit more like Sandy. Even said at the end that she hoped we enjoyed the game 😂. Looking forward to the trip, the occasion, the food ( we've booked a couple of restaurants- Nar and Prime) and fingers crossed we are at least no worse off by the time Arbroath v Queens is finished. That would mean a point against Arbroath next week would see us as champions. 

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Here we go again with plucky.

It's the word used by sports journo hacks to describe a St Kilda type team in the Scottish Cup.

Arbroath in the games we played them could never be described as plucky fer fecks sake., determined and hard working is more to the point.

But if it eases yer worry and nervousness over them......................................................................................................................................................

I think you're underestimating the importance of the word 'hybrid' in this jibe. Thanks for the advice on getting to the game.

1 minute ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Thanks for the advice. I can understand you hoping we have a shite time. The nice lady who sold me out tickets was a bit more like Sandy. Even said at the end that she hoped we enjoyed the game 😂. Looking forward to the trip, the occasion, the food ( we've booked a couple of restaurants- Nar and Prime) and fingers crossed we are at least no worse off by the time Arbroath v Queens is finished. That would mean a point against Arbroath next week would see us as champions. 

Just as well you booked restaurants, the city was heaving this afternoon, looks like many have come home for an Easter family visit, plus the campers arriving en masse.

15 minutes ago, Fide said:

To be fair, last season’s team was pretty shite.

Whilst I came into this season thinking we should, and probably would get promoted, at no point did I think it would ever be anything like a one horse race. We’ve never been streets ahead of the likes of Partick, ICT, Raith etc. Plus you always have your surprises, which this season has been Arbroath’s plucky hybrid squad. 

Last season’s team was shite but change any of the two goalies for Zach and that team would have strolled this league, lucky for us the standard is diabolical or we would have been nowhere near the top.

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Why would fans of other clubs be embarrassed finishing behind the club with the biggest budget?

So they will be really embarrassed finishing behind the team with the lowest budget in the league!!

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Just as well you booked restaurants, the city was heaving this afternoon, looks like many have come home for an Easter family visit, plus the campers arriving en masse.

Hearing on Kickback that quite a few families have arrived already - making this their Easter break for the school holidays. Same for us - wee trip to Inverness for 2 nights following similar in Edinburgh last week. ICT and the whole town seeing the value of the blue and white pound this week. It's nice to be able to help struggling teams and their communities. 

31 minutes ago, KTID65 said:

Last season’s team was shite but change any of the two goalies for Zach and that team would have strolled this league, lucky for us the standard is diabolical or we would have been nowhere near the top.

I'd rather have had Zach last season, relegation would've been avoided. 

26 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Hearing on Kickback that quite a few families have arrived already - making this their Easter break for the school holidays. Same for us - wee trip to Inverness for 2 nights following similar in Edinburgh last week. ICT and the whole town seeing the value of the blue and white pound this week. It's nice to be able to help struggling teams and their communities. 

Very Rangersy.

The bar at the ground will be open to home and away fans so if any Killie fans wish to make some generous donations of the blue and white pound to ICT feel free to head there for a pre match drink.

10 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Certainly coming from a fan of a team featuring the Roman Catholic sign of benediction on their badge, it is.

Which makes it even more bizarre.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Which makes it even more bizarre.

I know! The excitement of the title race is honestly getting to me. To be within touching distance of being champions is quite tense 😬 

Especially as we were dead and buried with no chance of a play off spot 3 weeks ago and now we've turned it around to narrowly lead the plucky hybrid squad! It's unbelievable, really.

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I think you're underestimating the importance of the word 'hybrid' in this jibe. Thanks for the advice on getting to the game.

It was the 'plucky' remark I've picked on twice on this thread.

As I recall Arbroath have beaten you twice this season, a plucky fluke?

Twice.

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Your financial contribution to the city's hotels and restaurants is miniscule hardly noticed compared to the tourist income the city thrives on.

After Edinburgh dear auld Sneck is the second biggest tourist destination in Scotland.

All thanks to Old Nessie.

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It was the 'plucky' remark I've picked on twice on this thread.

As I recall Arbroath have beaten you twice this season, a plucky fluke?

Twice.

Very plucky of them.