Kilmarnock v Super Caley- Friday night football.

Shouldn't this thread be titled Super Caley v Kilmarnock?  I was planning going to the TCS for this, I'm fucked if I'm going to RP on Friday for it.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We aren't the ones that have thrown it away, we were dead and buried 5 or 6 weeks ago. 

I think Killie have remained favourites with most people and all the bookies for the entire season, so suggesting you were "dead and buried" at any point is just a tad dramatic.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

In genuine disbelief that Kilmarnock fans are trying to claim they were “dead and buried” when five points behind, with a game in hand and with 17 games left to play. Truly remarkable stuff - a real underdog story. 

Yeah, I'd like to distance myself from this nonsense. Other than when Tommy Wright had us down in 5th, we have never looked like anything other than finishing 1st or 2nd. Always been in the hunt for automatic promotion since. 

28 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I think Killie have remained favourites with most people and all the bookies for the entire season, so suggesting you were "dead and buried" at any point is just a tad dramatic.

When we beat Killie in December under Wright to go 5 (?) points clear of them they were still heavy favourites for the league.  Which at the time was laughable.  They were right in the end but only because they sacked Wright and signed Lafferty, but at the time it was bizarre.

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I'm not shitting myself, they'll get the respect from me they've rightfully earned this season, but that's it.

More like it, they've done not too badly and are deservedly sitting second, probably their finest season so let them wallow.

34 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

More like it, they've done not too badly and are deservedly sitting second, probably their finest season so let them wallow.

And rightly so, Dick may be a bit of a cock (😛) but him and his team must have worked tirelessy to get this group of players together and what a fucking season they have had. Would love to see them up alongside us, might even manage a game up there on a Saturday afternoon if that is the case!

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

When we beat Killie in December under Wright to go 5 (?) points clear of them they were still heavy favourites for the league.  Which at the time was laughable.  They were right in the end but only because they sacked Wright and signed Lafferty, but at the time it was bizarre.

It wasn't laughable at all because they have the biggest budget and most folk would assume they'd panic in Jan to save themselves...which is what they did.

It's a very low quality division and really doesn't take much to win. If there was a mildly competent team then Killie would have been in real trouble.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

You are a truly bizzare character  - is this praise, sarcasm or a boot in the plums.....

38 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

You are a truly bizzare character  - is this praise, sarcasm or a boot in the plums.....

It was an honest post, don't be so mistrustful, there are opposing fans who admire what Arbroath have achieved on their budget and part time training, and as I said this is probably their finest season so far.

Edited by SandyCromarty

54 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It was an honest post, don't be so mistrustful, there are opposing fans who admire what Arbroath have achieved on their budget and part time training, and as I said this is probably their finest season so far.

Thanks 

7 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Would love to help our Arbroath mates out with a win on Friday. Hands Across the Cairngorms 🤝 

Cairngorms ???  Your hands would get frostbitten, covered in sheep shite and eaten alive by midges.  

Edited by killiekranky

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It wasn't laughable at all because they have the biggest budget and most folk would assume they'd panic in Jan to save themselves...which is what they did.

It's a very low quality division and really doesn't take much to win. If there was a mildly competent team then Killie would have been in real trouble.

We didn’t panic at all. We realised in a timely fashion that Wright wasn’t going to deliver what was expected and got rid. We then recruited one of the top managers in the country and to date are now back on track to achieve our aim of getting straight back up.

Panic would be hiring journeyman boss Peter Grant for some as yet unknown bizarre reason, being an embarrassment for months then binning him for that guid guid big laddie John Yogi Hughes and still being mostly pish with on paper a highly underperforming squad. 

8 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

We didn’t panic at all. We realised in a timely fashion that Wright wasn’t going to deliver what was expected and got rid. We then recruited one of the top managers in the country and to date are now back on track to achieve our aim of getting straight back up.

Panic would be hiring journeyman boss Peter Grant for some as yet unknown bizarre reason, being an embarrassment for months then binning him for that guid guid big laddie John Yogi Hughes and still being mostly pish with on paper a highly underperforming squad. 

That sir is a fucking response! 👏

53 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Preach 🙏

So ... first trip up beyond the wall (GOT reference). Is there a car park at the ground? I'm not very mobile so don't want much of a walk.

Nervous but excited for this one, big killie support travelling ( as we have all season) especially impressive when you consider it is on TV, and our second Friday night trip there. Cmon the Killie 💙