Kilmarnock v Super Caley- Friday night football.

This Friday sees Kilmarnock make the long trip north for a big match against ICT where they'll be looking for another win and one big step towards promotion, so it's very likely that all Arbroath fans will be wanting a home win to keep the title race exciting for another week at least.

I really hope that we are defensively on it for NINETY minutes this week as we can't afford to switch off against the likes of Burke, Lafferty etc.

This is the team I'd go with

Ridgers 

Carson Broadfoot Devine Deas

Doran McAlear MacGregor Chalmers 

Sutherland and McKay 

Subs: Mackay (GK), Harper, Duffy, Welsh, Hyde, Samuels and Hardy.

Tbh I'd take a point right now though it would be nice to get another big win, even a scrappy 1-0 :D.

If we play like we did against Ayr in the first half against Ayr then we have a chance. Play like we did in the second half and Lafferty will score at least 10 goals.

If we had a chance of winning to win the league I'd probably be taking the half day and going up - I've yet to go to a game at the Caledonian Stadium - but I'll save the journey for another time. Hoping that we can play the same way as we did in the second half against the Pars and Caley Thistle have a defensive switch-off similar to against Ayr. Not going to be an easy one for us, I'd bite your hand off for a nervy 1-0 right now.

If we can take our performance from Saturday into this one, there’s no reason not to be confident. Deek seems to have got a tune out of TW’s signings, so I’m cautiously optimistic. Getting the title sewn up this weekend would be splendid but I’m not expecting Arbroath’s plucky hybrid squad to drop any points against Queens. One can but hope. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Cautiously looking forward to this 

Huge game. Looking like 1000+ travelling up.

That'll be a cracking turnout for a Friday night when the game's on tellybox. Especially as you're getting into White Walker territory that far North.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Play like we did in the second half and Lafferty will score at least 10 goals.

Lafferty has only scored in 2 away games across both his spells, and one of those was at Stenhousemuir. However, his only goals on a grass pitch were in the Highlands, so you never know.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Lafferty has only scored in 2 away games across both his spells, and one of those was at Stenhousemuir. However, his only goals on a grass pitch were in the Highlands, so you never know.

Hmm, didn't know that. Maybe just the 4 goals for Lafferty if we perform as poorly as we did in that second half then. We were truly rotten.