Dundee vs. St Johnstone - Post-split edition

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Really?  Did McIntyre not at least have a transfer window?  McGhee is having to work with players that McPake rated very highly*
* I don’t rate many of them very highly at all.

Aye, but McGhee making an arse of himself and us on the weekly has me seething tbf. I think McIntyre had a better win rate at 13% as well!

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

“Of course it worked," he tells BBC Scotland. "You can't say it didn't work because we drew the game.

5 points from 11th with 4 games to play, playing against the team in 11th at home, and he says that :lol: I know it’s not funny for Dundee fans but that’s levels of delusion that normal thinking people will find hard to comprehend. He should never get another managerial job in Scottish football, at any level, after Dundee punt him. 

3 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

5 points from 11th with 4 games to play, playing against the team in 11th at home, and he says that :lol: I know it’s not funny for Dundee fans but that’s levels of delusion that normal thinking people will find hard to comprehend. He should never get another managerial job in Scottish football, at any level, after Dundee punt him. 

He’s brilliant entertainment tbh.

23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Delusional c**t.

Psychology worked' - McGhee

FT: Dundee 1-1 St Johnstone

Dundee manager Mark McGhee believes his pre-match psychology worked and his bottom-placed side can still avoid relegation from the top flight.

The Dens Park had vowed to go naked if his side beat St Johnstone, while also revealing during the week that he had not turned his heating on and was on a strict diet to show his players the sacrifices needed for success.

"Of course it worked," he tells BBC Scotland. "You can't say it didn't work because we drew the game.

"We started brilliantly - the attitude going into this was 'we're going to win this game' - at half-time it looked like there was only going to be one winner. So, yes, of course it worked and it'll work going into the remaining games because we are not conceding.

"We have four games left - anything can happen - and, as long as our players remain in the frame of mind, they've still got a chance of winning football matches."

He sounds like he has lost the plot.

Probably needs to eat more calories tbf...........................

Mark McGhee has to be up there with the worst top flight club decision ever. 

Dundee started well, scored still played well then just hit a brick wall/went into a shell. 

Hendry had a brilliant second half imo - he always seemed a huddy aswell. 

Really?  Did McIntyre not at least have a transfer window?  McGhee is having to work with players that McPake rated very highly*
* I don’t rate many of them very highly at all.

McGhee arguable inherited a better squad from McPake than the absolute dross McCann left. Of course McIntyre simply replaced them with equally horrific dross.

Surely to f**k the law of averages dictates we should get a decent manager soon?

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

McGhee arguable inherited a better squad from McPake than the absolute dross McCann left. Of course McIntyre simply replaced them with equally horrific dross.

Surely to f**k the law of averages dictates we should get a decent manager soon?

I think we will be stuck with this cluster f**k of a man in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

If only it were that simple.  

58EA8F87-7745-4224-BB8E-F5CCE629A9B3.jpeg

Very poor first half performance from Saints, much improved second half. I’m frustrated we settled for a point in the last 10 minutes or so as we’d have given ourselves the chance to go above St Mirren next week with a win. I suppose this keeps Dundee at arms length and we can haul the other two in over the course of the last 4 games, if we can replicate the second half performance in the other games. 

First half Saints would be doomed. 

No coincidence we went to shit once Macpherson came on. That was the worst thing that happened today.