Dundee vs. St Johnstone - Post-split edition

It’s not a Derby, but with it being the nearest professional clubs to us for 100 years there is a little bit more bite to the fixture than a regular.

I only call it a Derby because it gets a reaction from the fuds in both United and Dundee’s supports that can’t grasp they’re being wound up deliberately.

Feel like our games against Hamilton have more spice in the 'not a Derby but a bit of GIUY element'. Do enjoy a game against St Johnstone though. Much better than shite like Kilmarnock or St Mirren.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Feel like our games against Hamilton have more spice in the 'not a Derby but a bit of GIUY element'. Do enjoy a game against St Johnstone though. Much better than shite like Kilmarnock or St Mirren.

In terms of teams I particularly enjoy getting roond roughly goes United, the Old Firm, Hearts, Inverness, Hamilton and then St Johnstone, just slightly ahead of Morton.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

This is probably the biggest Tayside derby in years, possibly going back as far as our third placed clincher in the late 90’s when Dundee needed the win for top six and we needed it for a European place.

Think that was the last time they brought a decent support through to Perth as well.

Anyway, I’m surprised more Dees aren’t embracing their original Derby. Dundee United weren’t formed until 20 years after this derby originally took place and are the newcomers.

Plus their support hails from Angus, so there Derby is more in line with Forfar and Brechin.

Only thing more sparse than tickets for this derby will be parking spaces due to the 2,000 Saintees travelling through in their John Deere's. 
#SayNoToMEAD. 
#RoddyGrantsAnAlkyDobber. 

There’s a diesel shortage, the tractor will be left at home. Having to take the thorough bred through. Where will I tie my horse up?

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Anyway, I’m surprised more Dees aren’t embracing their original Derby. Dundee United weren’t formed until 20 years after this derby originally took place and are the newcomers.

Plus their support hails from Angus, so there Derby is more in line with Forfar and Brechin.

Harsh.....................................................but fair.

Thank you.

It seems crazy that this game isn’t being shown live on tv.  Doesn’t bother me much as I’ll be there anyway, but the SPFL even set the fixtures up so this one had the maximum significance.

Derby or not, there will be an edge to it, decent crowd and it has everything at stake. 

Would have thought there would be a lot of neutrals would have tuned in just for the watching a car crash type appeal.