Dundee vs. St Johnstone - Post-split edition

Last chance saloon for the Dees to make any sort of run towards safety. I'm well aware of how this story often goes, but if there's a defining game of the Mark McGhee *ahem* era, this could well be it, good or bad. Hopefully a big turnout for this one.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

One would hope!

f**k sake man, imagine the complete disaster if McGhee amazingly manages to get you boys in contention to get out the shite then all that needs to happen is for the Johnnies not to win at ER last game of the season?  

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

f**k sake man, imagine the complete disaster if McGhee amazingly manages to get you boys in contention to get out the shite then all that needs to happen is for the Johnnies not to win at ER last game of the season?  

Hibs would win. We however at Almondvale...

1-1

Dee dominate the early running. LOLler throws one in his net, Dee have all of the ball but do nothing with it, scrape an equaliser but can't find a winner. 

Dee go doon with a whimper, most people mourn the loss of the Dundee derby. Johnies fans left wondering what this 'derby' thing is they hear fans of other clubs talking about.

35 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

1-1

Dee dominate the early running. LOLler throws one in his net, Dee have all of the ball but do nothing with it, scrape an equaliser but can't find a winner. 

Dee go doon with a whimper, most people mourn the loss of the Dundee derby. Johnies fans left wondering what this 'derby' thing is they hear fans of other clubs talking about.

Hopefully the Arbroath fans can teach us.

Spoiler

In the Premiership, obviously 

Awkward Nervous Wreck GIF by DeRay Davis

This "you don't have a derby" pish aimed at Saints fans is meant to be a slagging aye?

We are from a one team city, a piddly wee non entity city I'll give you that. I think we know we can't have a derby fine well. The whole Tayside derby pish is just that, pish made up by journo twats who were trying to sell papers.

As for the Dundee derby, when your own hooligans stop being actual hooligans for games against your biggest rivals tells it's own story. Tinpot rivalry imo, real derbies have a bit of bite.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

This "you don't have a derby" pish aimed at Saints fans is meant to be a slagging aye?

No, it's an expression of continued bafflement at the element of Saints fans who absolutely insist that matches against Dundee/Dundee Utd are derbies. They may not be the majority, but they do exist. The Saintee who drinks in my local never fucking shuts up about Dundee FC, how we are supposedly your 'rivals', and how his life is fulfilled any time Saints win a 'derby'. I wish I'd told him I was a Partick fan.

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

We are from a one team city, a piddly wee non entity city I'll give you that. I think we know we can't have a derby fine well. The whole Tayside derby pish is just that, pish made up by journo twats who were trying to sell papers.

Indeed. I just wish the throbber element of your support could grasp that.

10 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

No, it's an expression of continued bafflement at the element of Saints fans who absolutely insist that matches against Dundee/Dundee Utd are derbies. They may not be the majority, but they do exist. The Saintee who drinks in my local never fucking shuts up about Dundee FC, how we are supposedly your 'rivals', and how his life is fulfilled any time Saints win a 'derby'. I wish I'd told him I was a Partick fan.

Indeed. I just wish the throbber element of your support could grasp that.

What's his name, we can discommunicate* the c**t.

I'm the first to admit we have our fair share of throbbers, I can't change that though, they call themselves Saintees ffs