The Final Chase

Winners enclosure : Kelty Hearts - well done.

2 & 3 Annan & Forfar - although they both are in a slump,playing pretty shit.

So big question who's gonna be number 4 ?  9 points available.

Ed. City  48 pts

Stenny 45pts

The Clayhole (Stranraer) 41 pts.

Because anyone can beat anyone this league from 2 to 10 , EC got the advantage points wise & probably enough  but I reckon the most decisive game will be Stenny v  Stranraer on the 23rd April if the city boys slip up before then 🤔

I can't see Stranraer overhauling both teams above, even if they somehow won all 3 games which I doubt.

Edinburgh City seemed to be in a bit of disarray but have picked up a couple of good wins. They go to Cowdenbeath on Saturday who have been better so I think that's tough. Stenny will beat an already on holiday Albion Rovers with ease.

2nd last week Edinburgh are at home to out of sorts Annan and Stenny host Stranraer who will probably be out of it by then. Fancy both to win that.

Last day of the season Edinburgh travel to a Stirling side that clearly aren't arsed whereas Stenny travel to a Forfar team they've had the better of this season, I think the Warriors would fancy themselves in that one.

I think it's easier for Stenny to win all 3 than Edinburgh, and with already having a slightly better goal difference I think they'll nick it. Whichever side do get 4th I can see the momentum carrying them through

38 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

I can't see Stranraer overhauling both teams above, even if they somehow won all 3 games which I doubt.

Edinburgh City seemed to be in a bit of disarray but have picked up a couple of good wins. They go to Cowdenbeath on Saturday who have been better so I think that's tough. Stenny will beat an already on holiday Albion Rovers with ease.

2nd last week Edinburgh are at home to out of sorts Annan and Stenny host Stranraer who will probably be out of it by then. Fancy both to win that.

Last day of the season Edinburgh travel to a Stirling side that clearly aren't arsed whereas Stenny travel to a Forfar team they've had the better of this season, I think the Warriors would fancy themselves in that one.

I think it's easier for Stenny to win all 3 than Edinburgh, and with already having a slightly better goal difference I think they'll nick it. Whichever side do get 4th I can see the momentum carrying them through

I tend to agree with you, Forfar appeared to be certain for promotion along with Kelty but the absolute stuttering from the Loons, and Annan of late Stenny could be the team to get promoted, if they can beat 9th in L1.

As I've said in other threads if we somehow sneak in there I think we will go up. The Dumbarton side looks absolutely dross on paper (and on the park it would seem) and I've seen enough against Annan and Forfar this season to fancy us strongly to beat both. 

I just think we are going to fall short though to actually get there. We have blown chance after chance and we are running out of games. Edinburgh will look at their three games on paper and fancy winning them all so all we can do is win ours and hope there is a slip up somewhere but I don't really see it personally.

1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

With Dumbarton away to Airdrie and Cove in their next 2 games they look a certainty for 9th.

We are dugmeat so we'll be relying on them losing both they games. Can't see us winning or probably even scoring in any of our final 3, the last of which is a trip to the Rock so praying we go into that fixture without them being able to overtake us. Wouldn't fancy us at all in that scenario and they've already played us off the park twice at Broadwood this season.

If we end up in the play offs I think we'll go down as we've next to no goal threat. I would give Dumbarton more of a chance than us at surviving although still fancy a league 2 side to win them. 

The realist in me thinks Edinburgh have the favourable fixture list and unfortunately for us, they should claim 4th.

We have a horrendous record against Stranraer. Think the last time we beat them was in 2017? So, that could be the fixture that denies our play-off bid. As Neilly says, we've had our chances to get into 4th place and just haven't found the consistency levels required to achieve it.

However, I'm optimistic and I keep thinking that this Stenny team is more than capable of winning these games. We have a great front 3 and if Urminsky is in goals, we can push Edinburgh all the way. The Annan game is going to be key for them and if they lose, that could be the extra motivation we need to get by Stranraer. 

If we do happen to get that 4th place, I think we'll go up. Forfar and Annan are there for the taking, we've done relatively well against both all season and we beat Dumbarton in the league cup at the start of the season, to give some added confidence. 

1 hour ago, marco44 said:

Disagree with you That Forfar are certain for promotion.
I believe that Annan can beat Forfar over two legs.
Both play each other on Saturday will be interesting how both teams approach this game with the playoffs in mind.

Read what he said again.

Why are Annan fans all absolutely away with the fairies?

On 11/04/2022 at 11:11, LoonsYouthTeam said:

With Dumbarton away to Airdrie and Cove in their next 2 games they look a certainty for 9th.

Forfar v Annan
Edinburgh/Stenny v Dumbarton

On 11/04/2022 at 12:19, Neilly said:

As I've said in other threads if we somehow sneak in there I think we will go up. The Dumbarton side looks absolutely dross on paper (and on the park it would seem) and I've seen enough against Annan and Forfar this season to fancy us strongly to beat both. 

I just think we are going to fall short though to actually get there. We have blown chance after chance and we are running out of games. Edinburgh will look at their three games on paper and fancy winning them all so all we can do is win ours and hope there is a slip up somewhere but I don't really see it personally.

Just to give some perspective from Dumbarton - we have indeed been complete dross on the pitch this season outside of the first quarter, but in the last few weeks we've had some key folk back and we're unbeaten in 3 now. I think we've left ourselves too much to do but if we do end up in the play offs with everyone fit I'm a bit more confident in our chances now than I would've been a month ago. That said, I still have huge doubts over our gaffer and his tactics, which may well see us down in the end. It's encouraging to read that the teams in the play offs have been stuttering a bit, it's usually the form team that makes it through but I still think we'll go down if we finish 9th. Just need to hope Clyde stay honking for the next 3 games and that we pick up enough points to put them 9th.

awww, the poor wee Stenny guys don't like a bit of criticism of their team. And not for the first time either :bairn

A team that is lying in 5th place and hasn't managed to overhaul a City team that lost half it's good players in the close season, replaced them with less than adequate players, lost to bloody Albion Rovers 3 times in the league, sacked their manager and has had a horrendous injury list all season doesn't strike me as one that is suddenly going to storm the play-offs. (To be fair neither are City if we make it)

Annan are to my mind the second best team after Kelty in the League and have a more than decent chance to get through the playoffs. To state this is not living in the realm of Iolanthe. 

We've had bad results and poor performances against all of them, and for me Edinburgh City is the team most likely to miss out and Annan the only one that looks good enough to go up although I think team 9 will hold on.

As I'm a notoriously bad tipster put your money on Edi to win the play offs.

Stenny been better amalgamating with East Stirling don’t you think [emoji848] 
mind you if they do get playoffs and go up its 12 points for Kelty straight away 
East Stenhousemuir does have a ring to it. Might help us attract a successful patio designer who is a multi multi millionaire (or a hard working committee as it's known in Kelty) world would be our oyster

1 minute ago, Vimto90 said:

East Stenhousemuir does have a ring to it. Might help us attract a successful patio designer who is a multi multi millionaire (or a hard working committee as it's known in Kelty) world would be our oyster

😂😂

On 14/04/2022 at 17:46, Kelheart said:

Stenny been better amalgamating with East Stirling don’t you think 🤔 

mind you if they do get playoffs and go up its 12 points for Kelty straight away 

Well done mate, your patter is top drawer. Asset to the league having patter like that. 

Can just imagine the patter flying around the Kelty supporters club, wind-up's like that. What you guys like!!! I'll definitely miss Kelty next season. 

5 hours ago, Old Fashioned Stramash said:

Well done mate, your patter is top drawer. Asset to the league having patter like that. 

Can just imagine the patter flying around the Kelty supporters club, wind-up's like that. What you guys like!!! I'll definitely miss Kelty next season. 

Just like your fans patter most or the season neeb