Partick Thistle v Raith Rovers - the fourth place showdown

9 hours ago, AMMjag said:

I make that 13 home matches in a row since 2nd October in which we've failed to score more than one goal, 7 of which we have failed to score at all. 

By no means do I follow a Scottish Championship club on the premise of seeing weekly, swashbuckling attacking football, but for pure entertainment we must be the worst value season ticket in the country this season. 

The team are just outright boring to watch: two full-backs who can't cross the halfway line; an imbalanced and bang-average midfield with only one creative outlet in Tiffoney; and one halfway credible striker whose game is largely based on physical and aerial traits which he rarely gets the chance to demonstrate.

This was all well and good when we could play with two physical strikers where the ball could stick up top and we could pose a threat from direct play and set-pieces, however Rudden's departure has laid the lack of creativity bare.

You'd expect Smith and Turner should be able to contribute here, but we have failed to integrate them properly into the squad this season and when jokers like Alegria and Crawford are preferred substitutions today, it's hard to see how they won't be looking for a new club in the summer, and probably playing to a far higher standard for a rival than they have for us.

It's hardly a disaster overall, as we will probably still cling onto 4th place like a stubborn dangleberry before getting pumped by ICT and this is about to expectations for our season - but this is a dreadful league and we did nothing in January to properly attack it.

To be honest I'm more interested in a sustained and poisonous campaign to hound Jacqui Low out of the club than I am in the play-offs. There were a couple of half-hearted chants today: this needs to be escalated at the Dunfermline game to vitriolic 90-minute chants; intervals of naked streakers running on the pitch with 'GTF LOW' banners plugged up their arse and streaming behind; and any sort of ruffianly behaviour that others can think of. 

I’ll tune in for the highlights to witness these depraved protests.

Game was pretty much 50/50 but we took our chance and with it the three points. Keeps our extremely slim chance of nicking 4th alive but also gives us a good chance of holding onto 5th from Accies while pre match we looked like dropping like a stone into 6th or 7th. Still find it utterly baffling McGlynn never seems to leave anyone up top for a defensive corner, it just invites pressure and gives us no out let.  Leave 1 man up top and they need to leave 2 back.  We don’t look a good team and nether do Partick, quite baffling we’re 4th and 5th and probably says a lot about the rest of this league. I think we’re safe to say nether team will be in the Premiership next season. 

On 16/04/2022 at 18:11, BdenJag said:

Time to question whether we are going anywhere under McCall? 

Clearly 4th or 5th this season 

then a number of new signings in attacking positions.  The 2 non scoring loanees will be away.  Mciver will be away.  Mcallister will be away.

There are rumours of a number of teams after Tiffoney- so I expect a number of signings to be made in regards to attacking signings.  But crucially they have to be right and not some of the awful attacking options we have had recently 

Though he has another year left and I was delighted when we signed Cammy Smith i really hope we can move him on in the summer 

Edited by third lanark

7 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Clearly 4th or 5th this season 

then a number of new signings in attacking positions.  The 2 non scoring loanees will be away.  Mciver will be away.  Mcallister will be away.

There are rumours of a number of teams after Tiffoney- so I expect a number of signings to be made in regards to attacking signings.  But crucially they have to be right and not some of the awful attacking options we have had recently 

Though he has another year left and I was delighted when we signed Cammy Smith i really hope we can move him on in the summer 

Similar to ourselves and Ayr after promotion in requiring a bit of a rebuild then. Arbroath and livi are the only teams off the top of my head that haven't really struggled with that in relative recent times. 

• 3 weeks later...