Jump to content

Partick Thistle v Raith Rovers - the fourth place showdown


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Inverness is my guess.

Well done Raith. Thistle were rotten again. Mc Call has got to see by his Ayr duds. Docherty is fucking mince. I have never seen a worse captain. I'm sure most Jags fans recognise Banzo as such. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

Well done Raith. Thistle were rotten again. Mc Call has got to see by his Ayr duds. Docherty is fucking mince. I have never seen a worse captain. I'm sure most Jags fans recognise Banzo as such. 

Both Christie Elliott and Tam O’Ware have been Thistle captains in recent years, so yes you have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Inverness is my guess.

Playing against two teams fighting to avoid the relegation play offs in the final two games. I wouldn’t be as confident. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

Well done Raith. Thistle were rotten again. Mc Call has got to see by his Ayr duds. Docherty is fucking mince. I have never seen a worse captain. I'm sure most Jags fans recognise Banzo as such. 

I've seen Grant Murray, Abdul Osman and Tam O'Ware which was plenty for me, so calm down please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weird game in sense that important game for both teams and had air of a friendly or last season game with bugger all to play for. That was same for fans as everybody just seemed meh.

Disappointing ending but f**k all happened till then to point neither team deserved anything. Frustrating for us but can't complain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BdenJag said:

Time to question whether we are going anywhere under McCall? 

Last round we looked like a fairly competent but solid championship mid table side. Seem to be heading back to that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Both Christie Elliott and Tam O’Ware have been Thistle captains in recent years, so yes you have. 

No mate. Docherty is a non footballer. As soon as McCall wakes up to him, the better. Please don't nick pick  with those two nothings 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

No mate. Docherty is a non footballer. As soon as McCall wakes up to him, the better. Please don't nick pick  with those two nothings 

Docherty is pretty technically limited but the idea that he’s the worst captain we’ve ever had is over the top shite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Compo and Clegg up front.

Ach well! At least with Compo you know that the ball will get a good wellying and Clegg should have a bit of bite about him.🥺

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pat Boon said:

No mate. Docherty is a non footballer. As soon as McCall wakes up to him, the better. Please don't nick pick  with those two nothings 

Docherty is nowhere near the worst part of this Thistle team. I wouldn’t even put him in the top 10 issues with this squad.

Edited by Nightmare
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I make that 13 home matches in a row since 2nd October in which we've failed to score more than one goal, 7 of which we have failed to score at all. 

By no means do I follow a Scottish Championship club on the premise of seeing weekly, swashbuckling attacking football, but for pure entertainment we must be the worst value season ticket in the country this season. 

The team are just outright boring to watch: two full-backs who can't cross the halfway line; an imbalanced and bang-average midfield with only one creative outlet in Tiffoney; and one halfway credible striker whose game is largely based on physical and aerial traits which he rarely gets the chance to demonstrate.

This was all well and good when we could play with two physical strikers where the ball could stick up top and we could pose a threat from direct play and set-pieces, however Rudden's departure has laid the lack of creativity bare.

You'd expect Smith and Turner should be able to contribute here, but we have failed to integrate them properly into the squad this season and when jokers like Alegria and Crawford are preferred substitutions today, it's hard to see how they won't be looking for a new club in the summer, and probably playing to a far higher standard for a rival than they have for us.

It's hardly a disaster overall, as we will probably still cling onto 4th place like a stubborn dangleberry before getting pumped by ICT and this is about to expectations for our season - but this is a dreadful league and we did nothing in January to properly attack it.

To be honest I'm more interested in a sustained and poisonous campaign to hound Jacqui Low out of the club than I am in the play-offs. There were a couple of half-hearted chants today: this needs to be escalated at the Dunfermline game to vitriolic 90-minute chants; intervals of naked streakers running on the pitch with 'GTF LOW' banners plugged up their arse and streaming behind; and any sort of ruffianly behaviour that others can think of. 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

I make that 13 home matches in a row since 2nd October in which we've failed to score more than one goal, 7 of which we have failed to score at all. 

 

I wish it was only 13. Unfortunately it’s 16 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AMMjag said:

By no means do I follow a Scottish Championship club on the premise of seeing weekly, swashbuckling attacking football, but for pure entertainment we must be the worst value season ticket in the country this season  

 

 

 

 

 

I’d challenge you on that. I bought a half season ticket literally right before the Goodwillie thing happened and haven’t managed to see a single win since I got it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AMMjag said:

 To be honest I'm more interested in a sustained and poisonous campaign to hound Jacqui Low out of the club than I am in the play-offs. There were a couple of half-hearted chants today: this needs to be escalated at the Dunfermline game to vitriolic 90-minute chants; intervals of naked streakers running on the pitch with 'GTF LOW' banners plugged up their arse and streaming behind; and any sort of ruffianly behaviour that others can think of. 

I reckon you'd need a large portion of the jags support to be in on this. The young team would, I think, be on Low's side. I reckon she'd play them like a fiddle. 

Has anyone had a peek on the FB page or (gulp) WAT to take the youngsters' temperature?

Ruffianly behaviour sounds class though. A satirical theatre piece at half time mocking her lack of transparency would be my preference. Comedie de l'arte (sp?) or some kind of Samuel Becket-esque flavour. That'll show 'em.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...