Partick Thistle v Raith Rovers - the fourth place showdown

19 minutes ago, williehuggles said:

Bet he has you dancing about just now, thinking win our last 2 games. while singing "Super John Mcglynn" 😂

It’s “Super John McGlynn” with idiot strategy and bizarre subs that has us clawing for fifth instead of playoff bound…

4 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Whatever happens I've got a feeling we will stop Killie winning the league. At least that's something. 

Doubt it Killie will probably beat Arbroath at Rugby Park next week, league over, they let us win the following week and were in the playoffs 🤪

Edited by keyser_soze

Can't argue with the result. We were utter dugmeat again. 

We created a few chances first half but mostly off the back of set-pieces. We did bot get enough men forward in support largely down to the ultra-defensive midfield three 

Jakibuiak flatters to deceive. I don't think he could score if his life depended on it.

I could see what McCall was attempting with putting on Crawford and latterly Alegria. O suppose Alegria got to miss the chance we created then it was just a matter of time until Raith realised the game was there for the taken.

We'll hang in for 4th under the laws of probability but I think a two leg playoff vs ICT looks beyond this team in their current malaise. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Controversial, but if we pip Thistle to 4th and win the chocolate cup, is that our best season in the last 25 years? 😂

That's a mighty big if!

A last minute winner against Partick at Firhill, having been sent on our miserable run by a last minute goal at Firhill. 

Feels a bit too little too late. Three points and 9 behind on GD. Feasible, but seems highly unlikely. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Next step - remember how to win a home game.

That would be nice. It’s 5 months since I last saw us win a home game. I’ve been at Starks for 4 defeats and a draw - funnily enough the draw was with Partick Thistle - since that win over Morton in November 2021. 

Can we beat Accies next week and secure 5th place?

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Controversial, but if we pip Thistle to 4th and win the chocolate cup, is that our best season in the last 25 years? 😂

I would say last season’s 3rd place finish and beating Pars in the play-offs would trump it. But the no fans thing counts against that season.

2nd place in 2010/11 season when the Pars won it was a good season for us and highest league finish since the glory years but losing the league to Pars in a title decider rules against it.

I suppose 4th place and a cup would be pretty good. Not happening though.

14 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Can't argue with the result. We were utter dugmeat again. 

We created a few chances first half but mostly off the back of set-pieces. We did bot get enough men forward in support largely down to the ultra-defensive midfield three 

Jakibuiak flatters to deceive. I don't think he could score if his life depended on it.

I could see what McCall was attempting with putting on Crawford and latterly Alegria. O suppose Alegria got to miss the chance we created then it was just a matter of time until Raith realised the game was there for the taken.

We'll hang in for 4th under the laws of probability but I think a two leg playoff vs ICT looks beyond this team in their current malaise. 

Two games against teams fighting for their lives! And we are rank rotten. I wouldn't bet against us losing both games and Rovers bagging 4 points.

After the mauling Thistle got at EEP recently and with Dunfermline desperate for the points I'd make them favourites against Thistle next week. We're capable of beating Accies but it'll be another nip and tuck but we won there earlier.

'Mon the Rovers