Partick Thistle v Raith Rovers - the fourth place showdown

42 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

We should shoot into the Lambie Stand end both halves, see if we can score our first goal at that end since October 2nd 

*in the league.

We scored in front of the Lambie in the Scottish Cup against Airdrie in January. It’s still an utterly appalling run, though.

As is the fact that we haven’t scored more than 1 goal in 15 consecutive home games.

There’s no showdown we fell out the play offs weeks ago probably the Inverness Caley game for me when we lost in a winning position , 1 win out of 16 games  even the team know it hence recent poor performances 

Edited by basher brash

Kind of looking forward to this one given what’s at stake and should be a good crowd on Saturday .I think we’ll squeak the playoffs but that’s it as we’re running on fumes at the moment and need to build for the challenge next season .

Pitch looking ok when I cycled by ground this am ,hats off to the groundsman who I know if working his plums off to get it in playable nick.

22 hours ago, Michael W said:

I went to the Partick thread and read about the Jacqui Low stuff. Hadn't realised what was going on there, but basically my conclusion is that she's stolen a football club? What an arsehole she is. 

She's a Pars fan from Kirkcaldy.

Really no need to say anything more.

Kind of looking forward to this one given what’s at stake

Is there much at stake? You probably need a win to have any hope of home advantage in the second leg of the QF with Caley. Exciting stuff.

We’ve won once in 16 league games, we won’t win three in a row and even if we did, you just need to beat Dunfermline or Ayr to secure 4th.

I wouldn’t actually put it past us to win here to be honest, now it’s verging on pointless. 1-0 Rovers.

44 minutes ago, Paco said:

Is there much at stake? You probably need a win to have any hope of home advantage in the second leg of the QF with Caley. Exciting stuff.

We’ve won once in 16 league games, we won’t win three in a row and even if we did, you just need to beat Dunfermline or Ayr to secure 4th.

I wouldn’t actually put it past us to win here to be honest, now it’s verging on pointless. 1-0 Rovers.

Given a lifetime of supporting the Jags I tend to be the eternal optimist.Given our late run and subsequent league victory last year I know anything is possible….especially in this crazy league where bottom can take points from the top .However, given our depleted /sticking plastered squad I would be surprised if we get beyond ICT…but then again .

It's a shame the way things have panned out, because this could've been huge. Thistle were worse in their win over Queens than we were in our losses to Caley Thistle and Morton, but that's been the story of the second half of our season. Reverse any one of those three results and this game has a fair bit of jeopardy attached, but as it is, even a resounding Rovers win out of absolutely nowhere leaves Thistle still three points ahead with games against Dunfermline and Ayr while we play Hamilton and Killie. 

1 hour ago, Against The Machine said:

It's a shame the way things have panned out, because this could've been huge. Thistle were worse in their win over Queens than we were in our losses to Caley Thistle and Morton, but that's been the story of the second half of our season. Reverse any one of those three results and this game has a fair bit of jeopardy attached, but as it is, even a resounding Rovers win out of absolutely nowhere leaves Thistle still three points ahead with games against Dunfermline and Ayr while we play Hamilton and Killie. 

It’s been quite some feat for us not to make the play-offs. 2022 has been a bit of a shambles for us, with only the performances in the diddy cup to offer any sort of relief.

As It is, I just want us to try and secure 5th, so a win here would be welcome. The current Rovers team would struggle to get through 3 two-legged play-off games, so I’m not sorry we won’t be there.

Edited by Scary Bear

On 12/04/2022 at 10:47, Ro Sham Bo said:

Maybe it's an affliction that can only be cured by a reappearance of the fog?

Possibly. Maybe if John McGlynn takes a piss at all four corner flags the curse will be lifted. Worth a try. Over to you McGlynn.

Please, pretty please, Partick, just gonnae let us win this one to keep things a little interesting for another week until we let the arse fall out of our season against Accies, then, finally,  in the final fixture, capitulate against Killie.

You know you want to. The play off place is Partick's.👍

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Possibly. Maybe if John McGlynn takes a piss at all four corner flags the curse will be lifted. Worth a try. Over to you McGlynn.

Nah, next full moon is after the Partick match (just after), so it  won’t clear the curse. Now, perhaps if we sacrificed DG, at the peak of the full moon, at the center circle, with a blade of coal…

55 minutes ago, embow said:

Definitely not.

A lot has happened in the five years, much of it bad, since that article was published.

2 hours ago, embow said:

Apropos of nothing, Jacqui Low wasn't the first female director of Partick Thistle. Margaret Forsyth, the first Jags Trust rep to sit on the Club Board, was. 

12 hours ago, basher brash said:

There’s no showdown we fell out the play offs weeks ago probably the Inverness Caley game for me when we lost in a winning position , 1 win out of 16 games  even the team know it hence recent poor performances 

You only fell out the playoffs(maybe)at the weekend when we beat QOS and you lost to Morton. Maybe, you losing was always on the cards, but our win wasn’t.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

You only fell out the playoffs(maybe)at the weekend when we beat QOS and you lost to Morton. Maybe, you losing was always on the cards, but our win wasn’t.

To be fair, QoS are everybody's crutch these days. 

We've won 3 matches against Championship teams in the last 4 months. One against a Kilmarnock B team and two against Queens. 

For that alone they deserve relegation I'm afraid. 

31 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

To be fair, QoS are everybody's crutch these days. 

We've won 3 matches against Championship teams in the last 4 months. One against a Kilmarnock B team and two against Queens. 

For that alone they deserve relegation I'm afraid. 

That, the 1950s rattle their fans have at the game, the banner about manners behind their goal, and that their from a region full of Tories. Safe to say I won't miss them.